main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Do you think Disney should make an animated show during the period between ROTJ and TFA?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fruit Pastilles, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    How anyone could defend the idea of having Jedi characters like Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka survive up until the events of ROTJ is beyond my comprehension.

I guess Sabine, Zeb and Hera could survive - but the Jedi must die before ANH. Since Darth Vader knows about Kanan and the others in Rebels, so does Tarkin aswell (obviously). Unless they die, it makes no sense for Tarkin to say the stuff he does about the Jedi being extinct.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As others have said, the Aftermath novel is pretty clear about what the Imperials know about Jedi or significant Force sensitive individuals post-Endor.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also something to note depending on how you take a interlude in Aftermath Sabine is most definitely alive.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't have the book yet but I'd heard there was a particular line that implies that right?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What line was that? Need to go reread it apparently because I don't remember that.

6. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Lol, okay, the "Aftermath" novel implies it. It seems ever since Disney bought the Star Wars IP they want to **** everything up.

At least TCW were consistent with what happens in the films. Rebels and all the new canon seems to take things in their own direction.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Jonipoon

Disney's doing a great job with Star Wars so far, and they respect canon well enough that it's not so much of a worry in my personal opinion.

I can understand where your coming from but were lucky it was Disney that bought it and kept the team from the Clone Wars to write Rebels rather then some company that didn't care about Star Wars in the first place.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well they respect it more then George respected the EU.:p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    When I first heard Disney bought Star Wars, I didn't have much hope for the franchise.

After watching TFA and Rebels, I have changed my opinion. I think Disney are doing a good job.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the majority of the world agrees with you on that.

MandoArtist likes this.
  11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Yes...please 'splain when it was....I remember Fulcrum and Cut Luqwaine being mentioned....but do not remember Sabine.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There was no line more like a piece of art Sabine was common in making.

It appears in one of the Interludes set on Chandrilla and it's an art piece with colorfully painted storm trooper helmets.

13. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine must live a long and prosperous life...painting the world one bit at a time.

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    With her boyfriend/husband Ezra and their little Jedi-Mando children.

MandoArtist likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I believe Disney has done a fantastic job as well. When it comes to the Canon of the Star War Universe this is in the hands of the Lucas Story Group, and they know every aspect of the Canon. I have no complaints.

I'm on board with it.

16. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Rebels is getting almost as good as TCW. And honestly is already better than seasons 1, 2 and 3. Plus I love the thin lightsaber blades. Make a new show based in the KOTOR era

17. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015

Heroic BB-8 and Canyon D like this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I highly doubt they would be suggesting that Sabine is alive so far in the future. In his interview with EW, something was mentioned regarding the Temple Guard in the S2 mid-season trailer sounding like Snoke, to which Filoni basically shot down that idea, saying he doesn't feel like it's right for him to really explored things from TFA and vice versa. There is also an interview on IGN about the comics, where the guy that oversees the Star Wars comics says it wouldn't be right for the comics to explore plot points from TFA regarding Rey, Kylo, etc. and that those things are being left for the films. He also explicitly mentions that he characters like Aphra in the comics really shouldn't pop up in novels that take place in the future, in relation to those comics, because then it pretty much forces them to keep Aphra alive and spoils things. If you read the comics, you have no idea if Vader is going to eventually kill her. If she crops up in story further down the time line, then it shows that she can't die.

So, while I am not familiar with Aftermath, I can almost guarantee that whatever is being referred to is not meant to suggest that Sabine is alive, since that restricts Filoni, and especially when Filoni (in regards to TV) and Jordan D. White (in regards to comics) both have stated things along the lines of don't count on seeing such crossovers.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd be really easy to write Sabine (and Hera) into surviving. More so than the other crewmembers. Sabine goes "freelance," or just integrates more into the wider rebellion (that'd be Hera's fate most likely), or retires.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah somewhat. I'll tag this as a spoiler just in case
    A reporter was at this Planet, but I can't recall the name. But she was reporting a story about an artist who was responsible for some graffiti that was painted on a wall. They never mentioned her, but I got the impression it was indeed Sabine's handy work.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Aftermath reference to a graffiti artist is pure coincidence.

22. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    As long as they don't use the same crew/format as Rebels/The Clone Wars. I'm so tired of that clunky animation style.

23. zico291

zico291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2016
    I would watch a series between ROTJ and TFA.

24. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    So what do you guys think of this logo I put together?

[​IMG]

Canyon D likes this.
  25. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    The NEW is a little big but overall it looks good