Wash, DC Do you think george lucas should make another SW which would go before ANH?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Master_Yoda_obiwan, May 20, 2005.

?

Do you think george lucas should make another SW which would go before ANH?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
yes 7 vote(s) 36.8%
no 12 vote(s) 63.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Yoda_obiwan Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. Master_Yoda_obiwan Jedi Knight

star 1
    lucas has done fantastic! but wouldnt it be great for yet another star wars movie?

One which contains the following:
    ~ The rise of the Galactic Empire
    ~ The completion of the creation of the Death Star
    ~ Luke and Leia growing up
    ~ Yoda teaching obi wan how to communicate with those who have died
    ~ Yoda and Obi Wan fleeing into exile on their respected systems

Could you imagine it?
    What would you say to one more time?
    Yes or No?
  3. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love it. There are a few more questions I want answered and one more movie could do it ;)
  4. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    How many boards are you planning on spamming with this?

So far you've hit:

Washington
    Scotland
    New York
    London
    and the UK Regional Forum

Do you really care what people vote on?
  5. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I noticed this guy is spamming as well.

But I do have a question for the spammmer, IF Lucas were to make another SW movie, what would he call it. EPIII.V!?!

Get over it, there isn't going to be another SW and that is that. Be happy the Clone Wars cartoon series will continue and there is a TV show in the works so the SW franchise will not die.

6. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Spamming or not, I was the only no vote, and I say why. First of all, we're getting the TV series and that should fill in some gaps. Plus, I want to keep in my imagination Vader's recovery, solitude and self torment. I don't need that handed to me. I think its just fine that we don't see Luke growing up. It probably really won't be all that eventful. Leia maybe a little more interesting, but I doubt that the kids would be raised with excitement, more just calmness considering their origins.

I expect that Obiwan will be communing with Quigon in the series. I just think it's fine to have the next movie be ANH and having all those years pass. It would be nice to have more, but I like to leave something to imagination. Now 7,8 and 9 would be appreciated, though. Heh.

7. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    nope. I agree with Chrissy. we don't need another one before ANH.
  8. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    And another No chimes in. Move on, I say. I've got a good enough imagination, and I don't how much else he's got left that's worth another movie. For that matter, I don't really want to see Ep. 7-9 either. I'm funny that way.
  9. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 4
    I do think a few books would be appropriate. The hiding Sith period (from Bane to Sids) could be a trilogy. The period between Ep III and Ep IV could be a whole series.
  10. KnightThomas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sure there will be books.

What I'd REALLY like to see is the emergance of Darth Sidious and how he ws taken into the dark arts. Not much is known about Palpatine before he emerges in Ep1.
  11. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    lucas has done fantastic! but wouldnt it be great for yet another star wars movie?

~ The rise of the Galactic Empire

What purpose does this serve. We all know what happens. Episode III is the rise of the Empire.

~ The completion of the creation of the Death Star

I will agree that it would be interesting to know why it took 20 years to build the first one.

~ Luke and Leia growing up

That'll be a boring movie. Leia becomes a senator like Mommy and Luke grows up in a depressing life as a moisture farmer. End of movie.

~ Yoda teaching obi wan how to communicate with those who have died

Yoda leaves Obi-Wan with instructions on how to commune, he doesn't actually teach him.

~ Yoda and Obi Wan fleeing into exile on their respected systems

Already happens at the end of Episode III. Obi-wan delivers Luke and hides out on Tatooine. Yoda goes to Dagobah. Why Dagobah, would be the only thing that needs answering, but still this is not enough for a movie.
  12. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I have to say no...because the numbers of the movies would not work.

Lucas screwed up, calling ANH, Episode IV.

He then limited himself.

The books will take care of what you are wanting to see.

And I must say that the PT was ruined for a lot of people, because they expected too much.
  13. The_Crazy_Old_Wizard Jedi Knight

GL is doing the TV show which will be set in the period between III and IV, with other characters. We don't need another movie inbetween.

However, I would still like to see the original story outlines for VII, VIII, and IX. We know GL wrote them...there are interviews from back in '77 where he mentions these treatments.

TCOW
  14. Oboewan Jedi Knight

star 1
    From what I've heard, the live action TV series between III and IV will not be about the characters we've come to know and love, but explore the galactic conflict along other avenues. It could be awesome.. it could totally be poodoo- only time will tell.

What I WOULD like to see, and I think it was confirmed that the animated series meium would continue, would be a CloneWars-style animated series that takes us through Shadows of the Empire. The BEST thing about the animated meium, is that stories can be told using the original characters without having to worry about finding "look alike" actors/actresses (which, while it would be cool to get a new movie with Luke, Han, Leia etc.., would drive me absolutely nuts)

Almost time to go!

Let the WOOKiee win,

Jeff
  15. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good news Jeff, Lucas did annouce in all 3 Q&A's at CIII that the cartoon series will continue in a 30 minute format.

YEAH!!!

Does happy dance.

16. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Originally posted by The_Crazy_Old_Wizard:

GL is doing the TV show which will be set in the period between III and IV, with other characters. We don't need another movie inbetween.
    Exactamundo. It may focus on secondary characters, rather than the main characters of the movies (unless Lucas decides to have "special" episodes with guest appearances by main characters! That would be sweet, but Lucas has said NOTHING to indicate it would happen.), but Lucas himself plans to write and helm the entire first season, which means that there IS still a Star Wars story left in him that he wants to tell, and he needs the long format of a TV season to tell it. To me, that's BETTER than a single 2-hour movie! :D

Also, Lucas was inspired by the space operas that came before SW. The notion of jumping ahead 1 generation, to shift the focus onto the children of the original hero, is NOT a new concept in space opera. E.E. "Doc" Smith did it in the final book of his classic Lensman series, which was THE inspiration for ALL the other space opera that has come along since. Therefore, it's only fitting that Lucas would borrow that storytelling technique. He also borrowed the in medias res technique that "Doc" Smith also employed (he wrote books 3-6, then went back to write books 1 & 2, along with a 7th book containing a side story that took place in-between books 5 & 6). Hmmm, these ideas Smith had about the order he would tell his story in seem awfully familiar to me! ;)
    However, I would still like to see the original story outlines for VII, VIII, and IX. We know GL wrote them...there are interviews from back in '77 where he mentions these treatments.
    And I continue to stand by what George Lucas has been saying for many years, which is that he was misquoted in those interviews. He was repeatedly asked if he would ever make sequels that take place after Episode VI. He'd mention the prequels, but interviewers would push and ask about SEQUELS, so he said "well, maybe I could make 7-9, if I came up with another story", or words to that effect. But the intent of him saying "maybe" was that he really DID NOT have a story planned for those episodes, and he did NOT foresee it happening.

Also, his earliest initial outlines for the entire story (dating back to '74 or '75) MAY have spanned 9 films, but he has also said that he later figured out that he could tell the whole story he wanted to tell in only 6 films. That story being, of course, the life story of Anakin Skywalker, from youth, to his fall to the Dark Side, to his ultimate redemption & death.

Ironically, while making Episode III, he apparently DID come up with another story he wants to tell during the "missing" 18-20 years between trilogies, hence the TV series. That's far more than I ever expected we would get and I'm really excited to see it happen. :cool:

So, back to the poll... my answer is a resounding NO! [face_talk_hand]

And does anyone besides me find it amusing that Master_Yoda_obiwan has yet to return to his topic to respond to our posts? :p
  17. OpieOneKenobi Jedi Knight

I guess I should say something about this. I have to say that I'm really excited about the TV series with kind of a spin off idea, however I would love a film dedicated to Vader and the Emperor destroying the Jedi order over the 20 year break. How rad would it be seeing Vader as the Masked Badass we all love do some ridiculous stuff with the light saber. Screw "spin-off," let's see some Jedi's get wacked! On a side note, it would be awesome to see the stories about some of the remaining Jedi's in the TV series and have them killed off around each season finaly. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Erik
  18. The_Crazy_Old_Wizard Jedi Knight

>>And I continue to stand by what George Lucas has been saying for many years, which is that he was misquoted in those interviews.<<

Jack...

He must have been misquoted quite a bit, since there were dozens of interviews. Seems unlikely. I recall reading that he had written nine story treatments. That does not sound like a misquote...it sounds direct and to the point to me.

However...it is possible that he did manage to tell the whole story he wanted to tell in six movies instead of nine, as you mentioned. Still, the original story was supposed to be "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker." It seems more likely that as time passed and the original actors got older, etc., that he decided to concentrate on the story of Vader instead.

TCOW
  19. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    I voted no, i think there should be more movies, but before a new hop[e possibly before TPM. Jedi's rise to power type deal, but i also want some afterwards, just to see how much the Empire does fall apart.
  20. RogueSquadronWingnut Force Ghost

star 4
    I voted no as well.
    There books, cartoons, and TV shows on the Horizon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.