main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think in lets say 2077 they will....

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Mon-Ackbari, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mon-Ackbari

Mon-Ackbari Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    Remake star wars and the entire trilogy, marking the 100 year aniversary of it? In ways it could be done, and different actors and everything. I mean not an exact copy of the movies but a generation off of them. They do this to alot of movies that were made in the 20's and 30's that were good back then, so why stop there? Its just a question of trust that George L doesnt copyright it so far that someone cant remake it, period. What do you guys think will happen in 100 years?

2. jedi_john_34

jedi_john_34 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    a lot of EU books and a big court order with Lucasfilm and someone who thought they could do it.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Star Wars will probably be:

A) shelved away and forgotten
    B) just plain forgotten
    C) laughed at for all of its bad conjectures. Then shelved away and forgotten.
    D) Dismissed as a fad of popular culture. Historians will focus on more important literary and dramatic works of the time. . .leaving Star Wars to be shelved away and forgotten.

4. jedi_john_34

Oct 28, 2003
    or maybe it will be a reality. the lightsaber part and deep space travel are a possibility. there are actually scientists working on lightsabers, there has to be.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I believe they will eventually be remade, perhaps a lot sooner than '77. The Italian Job was remade recently and that was originally aired in the '60's, I believe.

I only hope that SW is not forgotten. :(

6. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    a lot of EU books and a big court order with Lucasfilm and someone who thought they could do it.

Hmm... well, not according to current copyright laws. In 100 years, presuming GL is dead (I think a fair assumption), the laws don't change... or some bit of on the sly trickery by GL, the OT will be in the public domain.

And the characters will be fair game.

7. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    We'll probably have a totally different entertainment medium by then.

There might not be movies in the 2070s. Maybe it'll be more like interactive 3D entertaiment rooms. The holodeck anyone?

8. jedi_john_34

Oct 28, 2003
    we wont be alive in 2077 unless we move to japan and eat rice for 80 years. what a silly thread.

9. Bloody_Mara

Bloody_Mara Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    There are very few 100-year-old pieces of popular entertainment that people still care about today.

An art film or a great book might survive a century, but I don't think it's likely there will still be many fans of the CT then. Besides, humanity will probably have been into space many times over by then, and they'll find Lucas's depictions unrealistic and silly. :p

10. BigMackDaddy

BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    I plan on living until 2087. I'll be 101. On 2080 I'll make it a point to stop by your graves and drop off the latest Star Wars memorabilia on your headstones.

Face it, Star Wars is immortal like Shakesphere.

11. jedi_john_34

Oct 28, 2003
    obviously, Big Mack Daddy has forseen this.

Seeing as how no film is 100 years old anyway. It will be interesting to see, even as we grow old, how much of an effect Star Wars will still have on our society. I just hope that the tree huggin' hippies will let us play with cloning so i can have multiples of me to do my bidding. They will call me "Master."

12. the-dork-knight

the-dork-knight Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh Lord, I hope they never remake the SW films. Imagine, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe's kid playing Luke Skywalker in the year 2027. Rowan Atkinson as Obi-Wan Kenobi. And Billy Bob Thornton as the Emperor. Of course, Darth Vader will be 100% CGI. Shudder.

13. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Just imagine, by 2077 they will be able to completely make a movie a la computer. AOTC is almost there now. So by 2077 I think it could be redone and probably very well. No need to worry about actors by then, I'm sure they will be able to CG a VERY convincing human by then, look how far we have come with CGI since the Abyss for example.

14. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003

True and Shakespere was utter tripe.

15. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001

:eek: Tell me you did not just say that?

16. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    "Face it, Star Wars is immortal like Shakesphere."

I agree with this. Star Wars will be here for a long time. I don't think it will take 100 years though.
    The way it is done may change, but Star Wars will be playing some way, some how. Probably along side another version of Lord of the Rings.
    Anyone seen Reign of Fire? They were still doing Star Wars. Not saying we'll be hit by dragons anytime soon, but things like Star Wars are not easily forgotten.

And I can't stand Shakesphere... His work is incredibly annoying.

17. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    And I can't stand Shakesphere... His work is incredibly annoying.

:eek: What has encouraged this lack of respect for a Master writer?

18. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Are you saying you want to see a cgi bs remake of it? I don't think they'll remake it ever, I'd rather have it forgotten than remade.

19. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Master writer? Bah. I just don't like his work. Never have, never will. I find it lacking in all areas.

I don't want a CGI remake. I'd like to see actors doing it... in about 10 years or so.

20. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002

Don't worry, Darth Terrious, they can't possibly be referring to The Bard. After all, he spelled his name SHAKESPEARE! :)

BTW, I plan on being 110 that year and still kickin'. I look forward to being interviewed by that days equivalent of Willard Scott and sharing my (albeit foggy) rememberances of going to see SW:ANH twice in theaters.

21. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Don't worry, Darth Terrious, they can't possibly be referring to The Bard. After all, he spelled his name SHAKESPEARE!

Maybe if I'd read more Shakespeare I could spell his name right :p

"O, never
    Shall sun that morrow see!
    Your face, my thane, is as a book where men
    May read strange matters. To beguile the time,
    Look like the time; bear welcome in your eye,
    Your hand, your tongue: look like the innocent flower,
    But be the serpent under't. He that's coming
    Must be provided for: and you shall put
    This night's great business into my dispatch;
    Which shall to all our nights and days to come
    Give solely sovereign sway and masterdom."

IMO tripe!

Each to their own ;)

22. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I'm not saying I WANT to see a CG remake, I'm just saying the technology will probably be there and I can see it happen.

I also don't see SW being forgotten like most films, if anything it was ground breaking (for it's visuals) and will be remembered for that if nothing else. I can see films in the distant future being refered to as the SW for its time, especially if they set some kind of new visual feat. I think SW is something more that eye candy but in the far off future it will be remembered for its visual accomplishments in its day and not its story. I hope I'm wrong. The only exception to this I have to add is Vader, it will be a very long time before he falls off the greatest Hollywood villan list. IMHO.

23. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I dont think so.
    The OT is perfect the way it is now. :D

24. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Think of Star Wars in 2077 as being like Wizard of Oz is now. Ok Wizard of Oz is only 60-odd years old but think of it this way; the colour picture in WoOz was ground breaking and unbelieveably original then, but is nothing really now, Star Wars OT effects I feel will be viewed in the same way in 2077. And I think there will long standing familiarity with the storyline too much the same as WoOz.

Whether it will be as engrained in popular culture as it is now, I'm not sure.

25. swamp_ophelia

swamp_ophelia Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2003
    The book "The Wizard of Oz" is around 100 years old. It was the first huge kiddie franchise--it even had an "EU" of sorts. (Were the Oz books not written by L. Frank Baum canon? Well were they?!)

Today we only remember the first book in the Oz series, partly because of the movie, and partly because the books got pretty repetitive after that. I'd say the overall history of Oz-dom offers hope that people will still be watching some version of Star Wars in 2077.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.