main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion Do you think it will be explained in Ep VII why Han does not like robots?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by JediKnightOB1, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes I agree. Wonderful symbolism in that scene. :p

2. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    who does he dislike more, droids or bugs?

*runs to freezer to get some ice cream*

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    When you put your points across so clearly and succinctly, I have no option but to change my opinion. You sir, have done the impossible, and changed my mind ;)

4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I know this is not directly concerning the Han Solo part of this thread- but its inferred in ANH there is a big mistrust of droids in the galaxy like in the Cantina where the barman tells Luke and Obi Wan that they dont serve their kind in here. I think this fits in really well with the PT as the Seperatist droid army must have laid waste to many a planet in the clone wars. Maybe Han Solo's planet suffered (not sure on EU here)

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    That's a really good analysis, never thought about it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I AM Han Solo so I can tell you exactly why I hate droids. They're soulless, humorless know-it-all braniacs that're absolutely worthless in a fight. And, oh yeah, they lack imagination and have absolutely the worst sense of timing.

7. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    It really doesn't need to be addressed, but if it were it would probably be in the Han Solo spin-off movie, in the same vein they explained Harrison Ford's chin scar in Indy 3 by having him accidentally whip himself as a kid (on the circus train).