main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do you think it will be explained in Ep VII why Han does not like robots?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by JediKnightOB1, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes I agree. Wonderful symbolism in that scene. :p

2. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    who does he dislike more, droids or bugs?

*runs to freezer to get some ice cream*

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    When you put your points across so clearly and succinctly, I have no option but to change my opinion. You sir, have done the impossible, and changed my mind ;)

4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I know this is not directly concerning the Han Solo part of this thread- but its inferred in ANH there is a big mistrust of droids in the galaxy like in the Cantina where the barman tells Luke and Obi Wan that they dont serve their kind in here. I think this fits in really well with the PT as the Seperatist droid army must have laid waste to many a planet in the clone wars. Maybe Han Solo's planet suffered (not sure on EU here)

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    That's a really good analysis, never thought about it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I AM Han Solo so I can tell you exactly why I hate droids. They're soulless, humorless know-it-all braniacs that're absolutely worthless in a fight. And, oh yeah, they lack imagination and have absolutely the worst sense of timing.

7. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    It really doesn't need to be addressed, but if it were it would probably be in the Han Solo spin-off movie, in the same vein they explained Harrison Ford's chin scar in Indy 3 by having him accidentally whip himself as a kid (on the circus train).