main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think it's possible to become something more than Sith or Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthMarik, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    In the series well at least in the online game I've noticed that Jedi seem to try denying their emotions while Sith try embracing them or subjugating them. Both seem to have their own path but what if someone tried to take teachings from both sides to develop a new path. Wouldn't embracing both sides of the force be obtaining true balance?

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    No "What-if?" threads. Moving to SWC.

3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't even think it's a matter of "more". If you think about the world of Star Wars, the force simply is. The Jedi and the Sith are ideological. Certainly, the force is larger than either group.

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Yes it's possible to become both at the same time. They're called the Jith

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Febrayasi are more powerful than either group

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Define "more"

Surely embracing and denying your emotions is an equal and opposite thing. Under star wars lore I'm pretty sure it would be the same as trying to prove that black is white.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    What it sounds like you want is a 'grey' Jedi. Problem being, that Grey Jedi very very rarely work right. It is insanely difficult to balance light and dark sides, without becoming a 'na na, I can do whatever I want!!!11!!1'-style Mary Sue.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    What it sounds like you want is a 'grey' Jedi. Problem being, that Grey Jedi very very rarely work right. It is insanely difficult to balance light and dark sides, without becoming a 'na na, I can do whatever I want!!!11!!1'-style Mary Sue.

----

unless you're a Febrayasi :p

9. Darth Liberatus

Darth Liberatus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 13, 2013
    There is no dark side or light side, there is only the Force. The Jedi reject emotion while the Sith embrace it. Sith reject nothing as long as it allows them to become more powerful.

10. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    It would being like Qui Gon, Anakin and Luke all at once

11. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Since both the Sith and Jedi have their own agenda and infulences I'd say that it's not a case of being more than them but actually being less....surely anyone Jedi that goes bad will be thought of as a Sith and vice versa, but a force senitive being who follows his/her own path will always be viewed as less powerful without the teachings of either group.

12. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    This type of person seems more like a sith not a grey force user. In order to become a 'grey Jedi' one must have a balance. Which I think is something that should be incredibly difficult to attain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.