main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Kyp Durron will fall to the dark side?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kanos_fel, Aug 6, 2001.

?

Do you think Kyp Durron will fall to the dark side?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. yes

28.6%
  2. no

47.6%
  3. he already has

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightstun

nightstun Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    Jarik all that you have just said falls into Kyp wanting to prove himself to the GFFA category do you honestly think that if Kyp had a respectable rep. that he would of lied, and manipulated the big wigs, no, now you can argue that he wouldn't of had to lie but that we'll never know. the fact is that Kyp wants to be respected as one of the greatest jedi but with his past this is the only way he knows how to boost up his rep. and don't tell me Kyp is doing this all for the GFFA he is doing a lot of stuff like the smuggling deal to boost up his rep. as a do-gooder and he would have gotten afew big boosts if he had'nt gone about it the wrong way. now who in the world is going to trust Kyp or other jedi for that matter all he did was make it harder for him and the Jedi to act with the NR later. What if Kyp gets another good lead on the real deal next time who would listen now, noone, then the GFFA would have to deal with a superweapon at full strength that could end in billions of lives wasted and all this could be prevented if Kyp wouldn't of lied they would have taken this threat seriously

Nightsun

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    He is self-serving. He feels justified in his actions. He decides that he knows what's best for everyone. He is manipulating. But more than that, he has great passion for 'his' cause. He believes he has the only answer. That makes him very dangerous. Yes, Luke and Mara dabbled in the Darkside, but it made them reach new heights of understanding.

Kyp doesn't have the genuflection that they do. He wants what he wants. That is the epitome of the Dark Side.

3. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "stuff like the smuggling deal to boost up his rep."

Smuggling is illegal. I admit that that may have been taking it too far, but attacking the Vong is not. And that is your problem. Wheneevr Kyp does something good you'll say he just wants to be recognized as the best and whenever he does something bad you'll say there's his true colors shining through. Even when he does right you twist it to make it all seem selfish. He is risking his life to save the galaxy. He doesn't have to. If he really wanted to he could live like a king on some backwater planet just like the clone of C'baouth did on Wayland.

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    ---
    Yes, Luke and Mara dabbled in the Darkside, but it made them reach new heights of understanding.
    ---

And that makes them better than him?

5. nightstun

nightstun Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    actually I haven't seen Kyp do anything good without doing something decietful with maybe 1 acception BP if you can come up with a few things that brings him no personal gain I'd love to hear it I'll even give Kyp credit where credit is due but as of right now he appears to be doimg things in an unjedi like way

Nightsun

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Lucenos book. Kyp rescues the people from the Vong. Was that not good? Stackpoles one, hes on planet fighting, with all the others. Was that not good?

7. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    None of it brings him personal gain. If people like him for doing it (which they do) he can't stop them from doing that. Luke eanred much admiration in the past and a couple of medals and awards too. Kyp at least hasn't recieved any awards. No material reminders of how great he is. (note - that was sarcasm at the last sentence there.)

8. LORD_MALICE

LORD_MALICE Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    I don't think that Kyp will fall again. I definitely agree that he is having a hard time and is now used to playing the politican in getting things done rather than trusting the fellow Jedi ( Wedge and Gavin
    included )

I fear that Tahiri may be the one to cross into the dark side. She has show more youthful flagrant use of anger than Kyp has.

I agree that a Kyp's Dozen series would be worth the paper and ink.

I can't get enough of these books.

When does the next one in this series come out ?

9. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Not only is kyp a great jedi, doing great things. he's a great teacher. look at wurth skidder and what he did in aoc. Nobody knocks him and he was kyp's apprentice.

Kyp's dozen the series, the action figures, the tcg, the video game, the bed sheets, bobblehead dolls! YEAH!

10. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    *Crosses fingers.

Please, please, PLEASE, PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE let Kyp return to the Dark Side! I feel the "New Jedi Order" series could become that much more interesting if they introduced a figurehead for the Dark Side, to add to the tension.

11. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    I think he's going to die in true Jedi fashion--possibbly saving Luke.

12. DarthGanner

DarthGanner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I think that he will turn to the dark side, possibly in some huge battle scene where all of his dozen except him are killed. It would be a major blow to him and might push him over the edge. Another thing that I think points to his return to the dark side is that you never see him regret it except in the short story "Simple Tricks" in tales from the NR. He's screwed. :(

13. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    That's cause Simple Tricks is the only story he's in after Carida except Leviathan and the NJO.

14. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Kyp has already gone over to the dark side. Using the ends to justify the means is a sure sign. He's deceiving himself.

15. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    "I can't fight a war for you"
    -Qui-Gon Jinn

Qui-Gon knew that attack was not the way. So does Luke. Those who follow the force can only act as defenders, not assailants, especially when involved with the danger of civillian targets.

This makes the Jedi a great peace-keeper force, but a bad attack force, that's what the NR military is for. This is why Jaina should not be in the military, nor should Kenth Hammer.

16. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh please, the reason he said that was because he was physically unable to do so. And more importantly, his mission was to protect amidala and find out more about maul.

17. DarthGanner

Aug 10, 2001
    But you would think that having the blood of billions on his hands would leave more of a mark on him than it seems to in the njo. He's still of killing defenseless beings because he thinks its the right thing to do. He's a rogue who follows only his own orders and has no respect for authority.

18. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Kyp's killing a ruthless bunch of invaders. He's the only Jedi doing anything useful right now.

19. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Think of it this way, if you had a bunch of nazi's start invading your country, trying to press there religion, and kill off certain aspects of your society.

Would you just sit around pondering meaning of life, and how it's wrong to kill your enemy?

Or would you fight back hard at the enemy, to save your country as well as you can?

20. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    Agree with Valiento and GAW I do.

""I can't fight a war for you"
    -Qui-Gon Jinn"

He said that cause him and Obi-Wan were 2 people and it took both of them to fight 1 person, Maul, so it was physically impossible for him to do so. He meant exactly what he said, "I CAN'T....."

And by the way Qui-gon attacked Maul in the hangar. Qui-Gon struck first, obi-Wan right behind him so apparantly they knew that at times attack is necessary for defense. This is another of those times.

21. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    GAW and Valiento it doesn't matter if the person you killed is a Nazi or a Vong that has killed or would have killed millions if you had not killed them. Killing is wrong no matter if it is a person who values another's life just as low as dirt. It is wrong to kill them because by doing so (even in defense of another) you make their value of life as that equal to dirt acceptable.

For a Jedi killing should be the last recourse even after sacrificng their own life.

IMO kyp and Luke are both guilty of this. Kyp through action (killing Vong as they come at him), and Luke through inaction allowing such atrocities (Tynna, Fondor, Ord Mantell) to happen. Where is the right path...I'm still looking.

22. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    If somebody was trying to kill you and 10 people behind you with a pistol and you yhad a pistol and everybody beind you was unarmed and unavble to defend themselves what would you do. The way you speak I sure as hell wouldn't want to be behind you. It seems as if you cannot make a difficult decision. This is a difficult decision but it must be made to save 10 innocent nonaggressive people. The tough decision must be made to attack and fight back against and kill the Vong in order to save the nonaggressive and helpless innocent people who are behind you.

23. DarthGanner

Aug 10, 2001
    Kyp is willing to see only one point of view- his. He hasn't given Luke or any of the other jedi a chance. In respose to the Nazi thing- the Nazis were the political group, the germans were the army. You don't blow up german towns to kill nazis. Kyp did. When he blew up the worldship, that wasn't vong military that was a civilian target. If he was really as righteous about his course of action as he thinks he is, than he'd learn from his mistakes and stop killing innocent people. How could killing children change the outcome of the war?

24. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "You don't blow up german towns to kill nazis."

Frankfurt, berlin, etc. etc. all bombed and nearly 100% destroyed in air raids just to get at nazi's.

[image=http://www.altfrankfurt.com/Spezial/Krieg/pic/Truemmerbahn.jpg]Frankfurt after the war.

25. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I could care less about Kyp Durron. I'm sick and tired of him, and his "Dozen." But to answer the question, no, I don't think he'll fall to the darkside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.