main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Kyp Durron will fall to the dark side?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kanos_fel, Aug 6, 2001.

?

Do you think Kyp Durron will fall to the dark side?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. yes

28.6%
  2. no

47.6%
  3. he already has

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    The worldship is a viable military target. It is used to transport soldiers for planetary assault and used by them for quarters. If the Vong government doesn't care enough about their kids to put them on a military target can the GFFA care more and avoid firing upon military targets - of course we can't do that. We have to fight back. And it hasn't even been said for sure that kids were on that ship. There are no Vong civilians in the GFFA. All Vong are there illegally by force of their warships and they have killed trillions and even destroyed a few planets.

And in wars civilians do die. Some innocents die. It's unavoidable. How many engineers were on the Death Stars? Lots.

2. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    "I've been reading all the Kyp posts and there has been a good defense for both sides but it looks like those who are defending Kyp are doing so just to bring up an arguement because if you read all of the things involving Kyp in the NJO about 90% of the read is on how Kyp is taking the easy way out,"

the reason kyp defenders keep spouting off is because people like you keep taking patronizing tones with us like we're a bunch of 13 year old wwf fans with a iq that rarely goes beyong select 4 letter words.

Kyp is right, the old jedi actions agree with his, that's why we defend him.

ipoodoo-You have to think in the gffa mindset, not your own pacifist thinking. Past gffa history completely justifies kyp's actions.

3. DarthGanner

DarthGanner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
  4. DarthGanner

Aug 10, 2001
    (don't know what happened up there ^ ?[face_plain] )Yes, the towns were almost totally destroyed, but was it absolutely necessary to take it to that level? I believe that the vong will stop at nothing to conquer the galaxy, but i don't see how the slaughter of innocents will help the NR.

5. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    No. Been there done that.

6. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    And there are no Vong innocents. They're all in it together.

7. GaMeCuBe182

GaMeCuBe182 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    I just have a feeling he hasn't. It would be sort of annonying to experience another "dark Jedi," but it would be fun to see one wage war agaisnt the Vong. He/she would bring havoc between the Jedi and the Vong.

8. DarthGanner

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah, stupid vong children-going around the galaxy killing everyone.

9. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    "Yeah, stupid vong children-going around the galaxy killing everyone."

I haven't see a Vong child yet. Where was this. All Vong I've noticed have basically been killers. The GFFA has to fight back and destroying the worldship was a good thing. It has to be done. As I've said if the Vong leaders care so little to place their children on a military target are we supposed to care more and avoid attacking tha target. No. If we were that would be the best tactic ever. Put kids in all military vehicles and such. All Vong are in this galaxy illegally and they are bent on destroying it. GFFA must fight back, attack and kill them.

10. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Kyp "the Kypster" Durron?

Tell me how Kyp's actions fit within the Jedi code set forth by
    Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-gon, or any other Jedi Master.

He's gone Rogue, mutinied if you will, against Luke.

So being out there and winning important victories in
    the war makes him a great warrior?

"Wars not make one great." - Yoda

11. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    ""Wars not make one great." - Yoda

Maybe not by Kyp by being out there and fighting it is saving lives and that's what the Jedi Code is built for.

"Tell me how Kyp's actions fit within the Jedi code set forth by
    Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-gon, or any other Jedi Master."

They all fought at 1 point or another. Qui-Gon struck Maul before MAul himself struck. Obi-Wan smuck aboard the Death Star and was a Gneral in the Clone Wars. Yoda...well, just wait for Episode 2. You'll also see more Obi-WAN IN e2 TOO.

12. suncrusherX

Feb 18, 2001
    mutinied against luke?

last time I checked, luke made himself head of the praxeum and questions his own judgement and teaching methods. Hardly a confident leader with a mandate.

13. Angel_Jade

Angel_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    At first I was a little sceptical about Kyp going over to the dark side. But after what he did in Rebirth (which seriously suprized me) I definately think his already well on his way. And Jaina had every right to smack him I would have too.
    And as for Luke being a confident leader..I think it's good he's looking back on what he's done and thinking about what he could have done better that way he won't make the same mistakes over again. Besides everyone has times when they doubut if they've done the right thing.

14. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    "But after what he did in Rebirth (which seriously suprized me) I definately think his already well on his way."

Do you mean killing the enemy? Or perhaps you mean the little lie he told. Sure that was not great, but it was very possibly the only way. Nobody would have listened to him otherwise. All of the heroes have told little lies like this and nobody started threads about how all of them were turning to the "darkside".

15. DarthGanner

Aug 10, 2001
    i would compare the destruction of the worldship similar to admiral daala's bombardment of dantooine to wipe out the eol sha colony in dark app. the motive was different but she killed innocent people. the people kyp killed were on the dying worldship, unable to do anything about the war yet when the worldship was destroyed they sufferd the consequences from it. it sounds like the vong haven't been in their own galaxy for a while.

16. Jarik

Jun 21, 2000
    "the people kyp killed were on the dying worldship, unable to do anything about the war yet when the worldship was destroyed they sufferd the consequences from it."

If Kyp didn't get the new worldship destroyed then those Vong and more would have transferred to the new one and would have been able to do something about the war. That's why it was so important.

17. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Kyp follows the old jedi. Luke follows his own order which is totally fragmented. If any Vong children died it willl be thanks to the vong. The vong can either use some ships to transport their children or they can let them die. When someone invades you it is right to fight back. Qui Gon had no problem with attacking a sith and trying to kill him. Spoiler

SPOILER

Jedi fight in episode 2

A jedi only falls to the darkside if he has too much emotion. Jedi can fight as long as they have no anger. Kyp is doing this and therefore is a true jedi. Luke is taking example from someone who served the emperor come on what will she know about the way the jedi are too behave. After the PT is released the EU will have to change their views on the force and hopefully become more like the jedi of old.

18. katskywalker

katskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    but this time there would be a real writer...

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I know he was concerned about Mara's health in Hero's Trial, and I'm certain he's glad that she's cured, but I think he's already fallen to the darkside, and nobody realizes it yet. And when he does, I think he's going to try and rationalize it somehow. I also think he's been sliding down the darkside slope for a while.

Anybody remember Onslaught. Dr. Anki Pace wasn't too thrilled to see Corran and Ganner at first. She knew they were Jedi, and she remembered what happened to an associate of her. That associate found a Jedi artifact one day. Later, the same person wakes up to find two years of his/her life missing, gone. Corran, Luke, and most of the other Jedi can cause someone to have a gap in their memories a few seconds long. Corran did that in I, Jedi. But wiping away an individual's memory is a power known by the Sith long ago. And Kyp not only learned this power, but used it on Qwi Xux to remove her knowledge of the Sun Crusher in Dark Apprentice. Now unless there are others (Sith lords, etc.) out there who can use this rare power (at least I call it rare, since there aren't any Sith lords running around in the NJO), and if none of the other current Jedi know this power, then Kyp's the primary suspect. I'm looking forward to a confrontation between Kyp and either Luke or Corran.

20. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp destroyed an empty worldship. It wasn't ready for use.

21. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Well let's see maybe Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan should not have destroyed any Battle Droids in the Phantom Menace to rescue the Queen. Maybe thats falling to the darkside. Nope. Kyp is a maverick like our good friend Qui-Gon. He does what he must. You may not like him but you gotta respect him for taking the fight to the Vong and sometimes hitting them where it hurts. No matter what way you look at it. He saved lives.

22. suncrusherX

Feb 18, 2001
    jedially-what?! Kyp's been fighting pirates(before njo), not stealing ancient artifacts. It was either a dark jedi or kyle katarn that took it and the individual was so weakminded they lost more than was intended. Who knows if it even was a jedi, you have to remember just because a character is adamant about something that happened, doesn't mean it happened that way. It's just their opinion and this particular instance is by word of mouth. Not exactly grounds for a search warrant.

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    and wait! There was a murder on Coruscant! And Kyp was once on Coruscant! GOOD GRIEF, ARREST THIS MAN! :)

24. suncrusherX

Feb 18, 2001
    Wait a sec, kyp was alive when the emperor died, what if the emperor transported his essence into kyp's body!!!

I don't wanna hear any wisecracks about that explaining a thing or two...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.