Do you think Luke NJO could beat darth maul

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi---Cost, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yes, the novel was definitely better
  2. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
    to report about the jedi who was the best lightsaberist E2 spoilers

GL said that darth tranies/count dook was the greatest sowdsman ever besides yoda
  3. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    NJO Luke Skywalker has power, power, and more power with years of experience and being involved in deathly situations. Maul is strong but nowhere as strong as Luke at this point.

Luke would cut Maul down...
  4. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
  5. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Master Skywalker would slice and dice Lord Maul.
  6. JadenSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke would win. If Qui-Gon could come close, I bet Luke could do it.
  7. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
  9. Aldaric_Brandl Jedi Knight

star 3
    NightHawk_Andy: aldaric you make a good point....but isn't that just GL trying to make his new movie look good?

You know that and I know that GL meant that but SW is an fictional universe...realworld motives can't be used in discussions. If Lucas says that vader was a sick old man and Luke was a half trained puppy, it means just that in the SW universe...budget concerns don't come into it.
  10. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    never underestemate the power of the dark side . has anyone seen episode 1

11. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side, and is this case, the Dark Side is the money GL intends to make on Ep2, so I won't believe his words unquestioningly.
  12. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Lott_Dod Jedi Master

star 4
  14. JonCrites Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not only did Luke beat Vader down in RotJ, he has the greater understanding of the force. And this all depends on your idea of victory, of a win. What if Luke sacraficed himself to save Mara or somebody and thus loses to Maul?
  15. JonCrites Jedi Knight

star 1
    Granted, if Luke dies in the NJO, no matter what the cost, no matter who he saves, I will find it extremely difficult to find motivation to read anymore
  16. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    i was refering to the way maul fights . not like a little old man in a twenty year olds body. i guess thats just the way i envision luke fighting still . his attitude isnt there . if they took it to the vong , it woldnt be wrong.
  17. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Ugh if there was ever a book that had Luke dying then I swear I will burn it and toss the damn thing out of the window. NJO has gone way down past what Bantam as done any lower and it'll just hit rock bottom. I will give it up all together if Luke or Mara or Han or Leia dies. Bad enough they had to kill Chewie!
  18. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I agree, jedi angel. Chewie was bad enough, they cant kill luke
  19. Romio-and-Juliet Jedi Youngling

I'd like to see Luke win. If Maul won then we'd see something tragic like Qui-Gon's death.
  20. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
    if you read the rebith exerp at randomhouse.com luke is going to have a warent out for his arest
  21. chewie66 Jedi Padawan

Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever. He beat Darth Vader who was using the dark side of the force, which gave him an edge in battle. If he could do that and not have to use the dark side himself, like Obi-wan did when fighting Maul, he should be able to kick Maul's butt. He's more powerful now then he was in ROTJ.
  22. chewie66 Jedi Padawan

Everyone talks about how old Luke is now, has it ever occurred to anyone that if this was ever going to happen Darth Maul would be like 75?
  23. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    ARE SPOILERS O K IN HERE? I DONT WANT TO RUIN ANY THING FOR ANY ONE , EVEN THOUGH IT IS MY OWN IDEA
  24. Jedi---Cost Jedi Youngling

star 1
    spoilers are fine in here
  25. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    maybe luke will get killed off once the kid is born . i hope not , if the jedi are left to kip ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.