main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Order 66 survivors may appear in the Live Action series.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Quinlan007, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan007

Quinlan007 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    Some other Jedi probably survived order 66, so do you think some may appear in the live action series set between ROTS and ANH.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Duster_SWU

Duster_SWU Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    I absolutely belive this. Imho they didn't put the whole "go into hiding"-message-thing in ROTS without having some thoughts about future SW stories in mind.
    The novel Dark Lord makes use of it, I do believe the series will, too. Jedi can help getting the ratings of the show high ;)

3. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Of course. Not all the Jedi died in ROTS. It was a process for the Empire to hunt them down. In the OT only Obi-Wan and Yoda survived the purge. In the EU, more Jedi than that survived. So maybe the TV show will also have some EU characters that did survive the purge as well as the Jedi that died between ROTS and ANH.

4. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    The likelyhood of at least one Jedi, aside from Obi-Wan or Yoda, appearing in at least one episode of the tv series is quite likely. Whether more that one will appear, or how much of a role this Jedi or several Jedi have could range from them being killed off in the first 10 minutes of an episode, or they could be a recurring guest character, or they could be a main character.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really hope they will put Jedi in it. I simply love lightsabers ;P
    I'm pretty sure they will actually. As someone mentioned above - they set it up in RotS. And it would certainly help the ratings.

6. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes there will probabaly be Jedi who survived Order 66 and I think it would be cool if one of the surviving Jedi took on a Padawan with a high Midichlorian count maybe even mistaking this force sensitive as the chosen one. I think it would make an interesting story arc and I think it should end with the force sensitive getting killed by Vader. I also have a fantasy of a Jedi fighting Sidious and Vader at the same time with a double bladed lightsaber or dual blades.

7. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    It seems to me that the hints about "Imperial bounty hunters" makes it very likely that rogue Jedi will be in the show. It'd probably be the best way to draw people in to see it, at least initially. Personally, I hope they follow they take a hint from Into the Unknonw (or whatever Republic issue it was) and make the opening scenes of the first episode an Order-66 montage, with the last one showing a Jedi getting away - who of course would be one of the protagonists. At least, that's how I'd start the show (although it'd contradict the opening-space-show rule).

8. DarkSidePower123

DarkSidePower123 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Some Jedi did survive Order66 so I think they should make a Live action series or cartoon or something about how they died.[face_skull]

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really don't like this idea. No offence, I just really don't like it.

Now THIS is what I want to see! An Order 66 montage in the beginning would be awsome!

10. DarkSidePower123

DarkSidePower123 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    I whould also like to see Anakin kill all the Jedi.

11. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Maybe they could take all of the cut scenes from Anakin killing all the Jedi in the temple in ROTS and show it as flashbacks in the series.

12. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    I thought the only scene from that they cut was him killing Shaak Ti.

13. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I thought there were at least several order 66 clips wqith the stormtroopers. But then again, maybe I was wrong.

14. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    One thing they might do is show a different Jedi getting away on the pilot and occasionally show a different Jedi appear and then go back and show how s/he got away, a la Lost.

That would be a good way to start the series.

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    I remember that they also planned to do an Order 66 scene of Quinlan, and have Plo Koon get 66ed while flying around a ringworld, but both of those were canned before filming began.

16. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    They HAVE to.

Regardless of how awesome (a few selected) clones looked in AOTC and ROTS, we know from the OT, that some of them can't hit the broad side of a sandcrawler. lol

And, maybe some of the Order 66 survivors will end up at the end of ROTJ, as Force Ghosts, with Ani, Obi, and Yoda, and Padme, and Jar Jar, and Qui-Gon, and Mace... and maybe even Sidious?

Seriously, though, Obi and Yoda, being industrious folks, must have tried other alternatives to their ultimate "Redeem Young Skywalker, we must. The Chosen One, he is. Good in him there is, after all. Senator Amidala, right... must have been." plan, in the 2 decades between trilogies, and several thousand (????) Jedi probably paid the price.

Who knows, though... Yoda is supposed to have learned his lesson from his duel w/ Palpidious, so, what do I know...?

P.S. Is Adi Galia "officially" dead, or is she just not shown on the swoop bike, as it tanks, because she fell off, or something?

Or is it something of a mystery, like what volume of the current, or past, CW EU material can I finally see Assaj Ventress DIE!!?!?!?

17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Adi Gallia was killed by Grievous before ROTS. That was Stass Allie on the speeder bike, and yes she is well and truly dead.

Asajj Ventress ain't dead, she takes a medical ship (with Alpha on board) into the unknown regions...I think.

18. Kingpin

Kingpin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    i think we should stop viewing order 66 as such a finite thing - i see it as an ongoing order to hunt the jedi until they are all dead, which the majority of them were. the show should have jedi but make a big dramatic deal of it - not just have loads of rogues running around

19. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Personally, I hope they follow they take a hint from Into the Unknonw (or whatever Republic issue it was) and make the opening scenes of the first episode an Order-66 montage, with the last one showing a Jedi getting away - who of course would be one of the protagonists. At least, that's how I'd start the show (although it'd contradict the opening-space-show rule).

Nothing wrong in having the opening space scene followed by the order 66 montage. IMO, that would be just fine. :D

20. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Personally, I hope they follow they take a hint from Into the Unknonw (or whatever Republic issue it was) and make the opening scenes of the first episode an Order-66 montage, with the last one showing a Jedi getting away - who of course would be one of the protagonists. At least, that's how I'd start the show (although it'd contradict the opening-space-show rule).

Nothing wrong in having the opening space scene followed by the order 66 montage. IMO, that would be just fine. :D

21. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Order 66 was the clone's execution of the Jedi army commanders/temple residents at the every end of the Clone Wars. The hutning of surviving Jedi after that was called the Great Jedi Purge.

22. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    OK, guys,, I have to ask. Why on earth would you want an opening space shot on the TV show? I belive it should be completely different than the films in evry way, including the credits. I think this show should open like typical shows do, with credits at the beginning.

Maybe they could start the first episode with: "And now for something completely different." :p [face_dancing]

23. Jonger1150

Jonger1150 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    If there arent any Jedi I have a feeling ratings will be low. People want to see lightsabers and force type activities. If its just about politics and bounty hunters/smugglers I don't think anyone will watch it.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think people overestimate the effect of jedi on star wars. They didn't even play that big a role in episode 4. That had one short and dull lightsaber fight. It was muostly blaster shoot outs.

Also, the jedi centric prequels did well, but aren't quite as well respected as the orginals. I think a prue bounty show would do just fine. Maybe not steller, but fine.

25. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I hope it has a completely different feel, look, and tone than any of the other Star Wars live-action productions. I hope it is very dark, as Rick McCallum said.

And OMG, it would be teh coolest if the last episode involved Vader right before he storms the Tantive IV!;) [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.