main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Order 66 survivors may appear in the Live Action series.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Quinlan007, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryda_swaid

fryda_swaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    The Plo Kloon scene was in ROTS. Quin got cut because at the last minute Kucas decided that he would survive Order 66. There are rumors from connected sources that this is because GL intends to mke him one of the main characters in the live action series.[face_praying]

2. fryda_swaid

Sep 4, 2005
    I no that it is an unpopular idea, but nowhere do we actually see Mace Windu die. Luke Skywalker was a much less powerful Jedi than Mace and yet survived the same amount of force lightning Mace took, having his arm chopped off like Mace, and falling from a great height like Mace. Maybe we could have an episode where Mace returns from the dead and finally gets offed by Darth Vader, sacrificing himself to give another Jedi or two a chance to escape Vader's clutches.[face_beatup]

3. fryda_swaid

Sep 4, 2005
    I hope that it does end up on Fox or one of the other big networks, I would hate to have to subscribe to a premium movie channel just to watch Star Wars. [face_sick]

4. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Luke got his hand cut off. Luke got fried by Palpatine. Luke took a big fall(literally) like Mace.

What you failed, rather hilariously, to realize, is that Luke didn't get his hand cut off and fried at the same time, which is what happened to Mace. Also, while Luke got his hand cut off like Mace, he fell several minutes afterwards, and did it on purpose. Mace didn't have a chance.

Common sense. Use it.

5. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I was really hoping, when I first heard about the show, that it would revolve aroud the jedi for the first episodes,(the last days of the order), maybe scenes with Koon, Unduli. Then have an Order 66 sequance where we see a couple of the survivors fleeing. We would then pick up with non jedi and eventually pick up the run aways and aid them.

I really, Really hope there are some flash backs of jedi, and I must have an episode focused on the ruined Jedi Temple,(my favorite thing in Star Wars).

6. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I agree, It would be cool if there would be a transition between the clone wars and the jedi purge. It would be great if we would see this purge just as 9-11.
    If they could just give the viewer the sens of disarray(sorry:p). And that the jedi order is really shattered and is trying to survive the first post order 66 days.

7. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    An interesting thought, I guess it depends on when the t.v. series takes place. If it's shortly after Episode III,
    then there are definitely many Jedi still alive who survived the treason of Palpatine. Vader had to hunt them
    down with Imperial forces for years afterwards. There's something like a 20 year span between the events in
    Episode III and A New Hope, so there are many things that happened in between.

8. Commander_Kayman

May 2, 2006
    I just hope they make it dark, sad and gritty. I'm not waiting for a Happy universe in the time of great dictatorship and evil. Make it feel like those were the dark times. I also hope it makes people think.
    So far only episode 3 really made peolple think about modern day events.

9. Oro_Orbis

Oro_Orbis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2006
    If we run into survivors of the Jedi Holocaust, it would be a good oppertunity to show how they were hunted down by the Empire, specifically Vader and the Stormtroopers, and how they were hunted down by the Hutts and Bounty Hunters on Imperial orders, i.e. Boba Fett could play a major antagonistic role, as a Bounty Hunter in his early years, taking out survivors more efficiently than anyone else because of his desire for vengence...

Normally I would agree with this sentiment, however, unlike an introspective show like Star Trek, Star Wars has a greater fantasy element, and thus showing some Star Wars Battlestar Galactica of gritty fights, or Star Wars Trek of philosophy and politics, I think the series would be better as good old fashion escapism, complete with quests, hopes, dreams, etc... Maybe following Republic loyalists or escaped Jedi as they flee across the Galaxy avoiding the Empire, and set up their Rebellion.

Apart from that, im sure there will at least be space for philosophy of liberalism, multiculturalism, freedom, etc, in the Rebel cause, as opposed to the Empire's ideas of might is right, one belief system, one race, and general monolithic attitude, etc.

10. Dunedain1

Oct 4, 2003
    Yeah, it shouldn't be overly grim, certainly these are dark and dangerous times for those loyal to the Republic,
    but this is still Star Wars. And there is always a flicker of hope, in the certain knowledge that in the end
    good always triumphs over evil. So there should be adventure and daring deeds, as the heroes fight for this
    noble cause against those who would take liberty from them. And, as always, some appropriate humor, too. :)

Of course, with some of the stuff Lucas has done in the prequels one has to be nervous of what he might stick
    in a t.v. series. But if it's handled with the proper respect, dignity, class and style fitting a Star Wars story,
    then it can be really cool. I just hope it's actually done that way. :)

By the way, is there any official word yet on when this first t.v. series might be on t.v.? Also, when
    they say t.v. "series", do they mean a mini-series that lasts a few nights, or do they mean a series that's
    on year after year with full length seasons?

11. Oro_Orbis

May 8, 2006
    I doubt there is really good and evil - its just a case of opposing philosophy. I am not sure Lucas would be able to handle the series to be honest - everyone of the great directors who have made forays into TV have failed. He should leave it to continuity experts, and good TV writers like the guy who did Babylon 5, and it should be EU.

12. Dunedain1

Oct 4, 2003
    Umm, I hope you're not trying to say that going around murdering children (as the Emperor ordered Vader to do)
    is not evil and absolutely wrong?

13. Oro_Orbis

May 8, 2006
    Huh? Where did that come from? Buddhists dont believe in total good and evil - do you see many Buddhist monks condoning muder? Fact is the Jedi committed wrong too - so were they good? And the Sith for all their wrongs, were still capable of love, so were they entirely evil? I do not believe in absolutes.

14. Darth_Hades

Darth_Hades Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    I would hope some survivors make an appearance.

15. Dunedain1

Oct 4, 2003
    "Where did that come from?" You're the one who made the statement that you doubt there is good and evil,
    and even when given a crystal clear example of an incredibly evil act, you still don't think that, or apparently
    anything else, deserves an unqualified condemnation as absolutely wrong. Anyone who can't say that the
    horrific acts that Vader committed in the Jedi temple against defenseless children is absolutely wrong has
    a sick mind. And that's all I have to say on the subject.

16. Oro_Orbis

May 8, 2006
    Again you are making little sense. What has his actions got to do with a belief that everyone is redeemable, and nobody is without darkness?

17. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    The TV Series will be a tv series that runs season by season and will not be a mini series. BTW, Lucas is probably not going to be that involved in the script writing process of the TV Series and will most likely have the role as Executive Producer and occasional director. I would think that Lucas would direct or write the pilot episode or at least come up with the basic plot outline for the pilot. We will also probably get to see the ocassional Jedi such as Quinlan Vos, K'Krukh, Asharad Hett, and new Jedi.

18. Commander_Kayman

May 2, 2006
    Ostrander and Blackman Should make it since they've also came up with the post episode 3 jedi purge stuff.

19. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    I'd be cool to see some "random" young child undertaking and orphaned doing bounty hunting to survive, and near the later years, we find out it was Boba (even if the DID say no familiar characters).

20. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Lucas is writing and directing the entire first season.

21. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    I know, that's what I'm worried about. I am very hopeful, but these stories need to be resolved a whole lot better than what he did with the prequels (and I loe them, too).

22. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I believe it was Mas Amedda who said, "If there's no body, then he's not dead." Nothing like using a clever little built in loophole for possible future storylines. I myself am of the camp that Mace is not dead, for the simple fact that noone ever says they hunted down the body after he fell. It may be a mess on the pavement, but they'd have still looked for it, unless he was able to get away in their rush to start Order 66.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that the age old movie rule, as stated by Palpatine's advisor himself, trumps your use of "Common Sense" in the movies.

23. Gunray

Gunray Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    Most definately. The Stormtroopers along with Vader will be hell bent on finding and eliminating threats to the Empire, namely the surviving Jedi Knights. I'm confident we shall see at least several Jedi being seeked out, trapped and slayed.

24. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I think the TV show will be absolutely awesome!

25. Darthgordon

Darthgordon Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Although I am very excited about this idea, I am also worried. I've seen many other Star Wars spinoffs on the small screen... The Star Wars Christmas Special, The Ewok Movies, and I know there are alot of people who will scoff at me for this, but I wasn't a huge fan of the Droids cartoon either.

As for the survivors, my opinion is that at least one main character will be a Jedi. I can't see turning it into a bounty hunter, let's kill another Jedi this week t.v. show. No one's going to watch anything if they don't care about the characters (unless the show involves a bunch of gross out stunts or bad singers that is [face_sick] ).

I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this, but I do like the idea of bringing in Vader (and the Emperor) once in awhile. It'd make Obi-wan's statement in ANH seem more true. Not every episode of course, but enough to establish that he and the Emperor are behind the Jedi purge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.