main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Order 66 survivors may appear in the Live Action series.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Quinlan007, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Actually I doubt we'll see any of those characters since Dark Horse just announced Star Wars: Dark Times, a series set between ROTS and ANH. DH tends to re-use it's characters so I imagine we'll be seeing them in that. Although if Lucas wanted them, he'd get them (like he did Aayla Secura).

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Well, my above post was written long before Dark Horse announced the new Dark Times comic series and things change over time.

3. Ithikial

Ithikial Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    There were what? 5 seasons planned or 100 shows.... whatever.

My idea of the breakdown ....

Season 1 - Post ROTS, cameos to get the show off to a good start rating wise. Real episode III look to it, as in vehicles and space craft etc.

Show goes on until Season 5 - Where there are hardly any Jedi left at all and the rat tag crew help the rebel alliance form, or at least see it happen around them. (The scenes with Mon Mothma and other senators shouldn't of been dropped in Ep. III :( ). Would be good to see some X-Wings and TIE fighters battle once again. Final show could be the capture of the death star plans.

As for characters, a Jedi in the show is a given. Other characters???? Kyle Katarn? Would have to be towards the end of the shows but makes sense cannon wise. Imperial Commando, leaves the empire to work as a merc, has a run in with a jedi which hints at his future. Yeah you get the drift.

Oh and I'm sure GL realises he's got a lot of cannon issues with these shows, and a lot of fans who will quiz everything that is broadcast. :p

4. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    I think Lucas said 100 hours of the show between ROTS and ANH. There is no way jedi won't be in it. Blasters are great and stuff byt people would get bored after a while with no jedi, and they are too often in the center of events to not be in it.

5. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Such a mistake ShaakTi was the bomb and should have had her moment to go out fighting.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Shaak Ti's still alive.

She's going to be in a new game next year in which she fights Vader.

7. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I have heard that Ewan will be making some cameos as Obi-Wan...[face_praying] Has anyone else heard this, or is it just a hope raising rumor?:_|

THE PIED PIPER

8. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    No, I've heard that Hayden Christenson, Ewan Mcgregor, Ian Mcdiarmid, Frank Oz, Jimmy Smits, Wayne Pygram, Temuera Morrison, and Daniel Logan are all interested in being in it.

9. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2006
    Good, more Wayne Pygram is always a good thing.[face_love]

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    might have heard that as a rumour, but that's all it will be.

11. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Well, when 'Ben' revives Luke in ANH and takes him to his dwelling it is clear that they are already familiar with each other. But their meetings have obviously not involved detailed discussions because Luke has no idea that Ben knew his father until the dwelling scene. Driving home both of these points, Ben tells Luke about his father being the best star pilot and the galaxy, which he apparently didn't know, and then adds: "I understand you've become quite a good pilot yourself."

So Ben's been keeping tabs on young Luke, in a Jedi-guardian post-ROTS agreement with Yoda kind of way. It would be nice in the TV series to see him working in the backgound protecting Luke and quietly, anonymously helping him along in difficult situations every now and then.

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    But the PT has already destroyed most of points Ben raises during that sequence. For example he states that when he met Anakin he was already an accomplished pilot, which simply isn't true as he was a boy who'd never flown before.

So basically you can't accept any of the text in those exchanges in ANH to be "correct".

13. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I think he was referring to the pod race in Eppisode I. And to the fact that Anakin destroyed the Trade Federations ship at the end of Epp. I.

THE PIED PIPER

14. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I think seeing Order 66 survivors is all but a certainty.

15. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I think that the whole series is based off of this.

16. Winston-Sith

Winston-Sith Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    Exactly. Plus he obviously glazed over a few things that Luke didn't need to know (I didn't want to train the little bugger, but I promised Qui-Gon, so I... what do you mean "who's Qui-Gon?". bah, kids today etc etc...), the whole "actually, your father is in the top 3 evil-doers in the galaxy" thing...

About the series in general... I'm hoping it won't fall into the "Jedi of the week" nor the "it's a pirate-with-a-heart-of-gold, noble-who-complains-but-likes-it-really, jedi-in-hiding-but-still-trying-to-do-good-all-the-time and "the alien" " team so beloved of sci-fi TV in general catagories.

Something new and original, but still retaining the Star Wars feel.

Plus explaining how Vader's suit looks the same in RoTS and ESB, but different in ANH would be nice. Tie up a few of the continuity knots that they left. Why does Obi claim to not remember Artoo and Threepio? That sort of thing.

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    So you think that when Lucas wrote the lines for Guiness in ANH that he was referring to a small child competing in a pod race, then accidentally ending up in a space battle?

Besides, Anakin confesses in TPM that he's never completed a pod race, let alone win one. Doesn't really strike me as "best star pilot in the galaxy".

You need to accept that there are major inconsistencies between the PT and the OT largely because Lucas has changed the story as time has gone along. That's fair enough - he wrote the PT in the 70s, and now in the 00s he wanted to change the influence slightly.

You can try and give plausible explainations for the inconsitencies, but ultimately you are grasping at straws.

18. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Edit: Never mind

19. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006

He tells Luke that Anakin was a "great pilot" when they first met. Best in the galaxy came later.

20. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    but he clearly wasn't a great pilot.

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006

22. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    And how's that?

23. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    because he's never flown anything before.

closest he got was a pod race which he didn't even complete

24. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    But when he met Obi-wan he had completed it, and in quite a skilled and dramatic way. Days later he lucked into destroying a Trade Federation ship in the cockpit of a fighter he had neve before seen let alone flown. And remember, Obi-wan would have heard all of these things second hand, so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me for him to believe that little nine-year-old Anakin is a skilled pilot.

25. Kalicsto

Kalicsto Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2006
    what would be interesting to see is why if there where some jedi survivors there, even after episode IV (as established in EU) there arent any in the rebel movement, i mean in the movies its obvious that luke is the only jedi in the rebelion. so why if the jedi are trying to restore the order and overthrow the empire did not afiliate themselves with the rebelion? where there ideological clashes? did the jedi wanted to keep a low profile even from the rebels? why? i would like to see the answers to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.