main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Palps could take over Naboo in Ep. 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jar_Jar_the_great, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay I've been reading the book Ruins of Dantooine and I know it's EU. Yet I think it could lead to some enteresting things in Episode 3. There is a part of the book near the front that talks about Naboo becomeing Palps personal resort/strong hold. Now I wounder will this be shown when he declares himself emperor? Will we see the democratic Naboo become just an Emperial strong hold, that would be quit a symbolic thing.

Title-change at the request of the author.

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    well i think palps will take over naboo when he becomes emperor...like he will take over the other thousands of worlds

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd like to see The Emperor take Naboo militeristically because they wouldn't bow down. It should be a complete slaughter though with the Empire dominating the Naboo Security Force.

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    God help me, I think Naboo will actually SUPPORT Palpatine... If you look at the imperial guards ont he Death star, the helms and uniforms look like those from Naboo as seen in E-2...

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This could go either way.

The First Option: Naboo resists their one time friend. They act like they did in TPM. They treat him like a savior.

Option Two: Naboo feels that Palps is helping the galaxy. They think he will bring a good rule and that the New Order is the right choice for the galaxy. Their trust in him, blinds them of the terror of the empire. Eventually Naboo evolves and loses its freedoms which once defined it.

I think we will see option Two. We may not see it in Episode III, but we will see it in EU novels which come after the film.

--Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.