main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Do you think Savage Opress will survive season 4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Loupgarou, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Filloni has been very brief and dodgy when it comes to questions about Opress or Maul. But regardless on what happens with Maul, what do you all think will happen to Opress, and do you think he'll last more than this season?
    Filloni has confirmed Savage will be in this season. He kinda has to get episodes centric to him, all that maul debacle is just far too confusing for a sub-plot, however they handle it. And the show is really fond of trilogies now, so i wager we'll see one more Savage trilogy. But honestly, i think that'll be the end of him. He's an intriguing character (much to my surprise) and i'll be sad to see him go, but i can't see him having a place in the galaxy once his quest is over. He can't be a replacement Ventress anymore, what with his/her betrayal. He's far too steeped in the dark side to have any fate but to become a sith, and he can't do that, it'd screw up the larger story. Perhaps, considering his earlier noble ways, redemption isn't out of the question, although in that case i think it'd be a redemption equals death situation. Perhaps dueling his brother to protect someone, buying time but inevitably failing? I can see something like that, if he isn't simply cut down by Dooku. Either way, he seems to be more a means to an end to me, however much i wish he wasn't, because i find him more interesting than maul. And his longer horns are cool too, ha.

On a similar note, what about Ventress? Having already been an established character and finally having more motivation i doubt they'll kill her off before the final season, but she's not dooku's personal assassin anymore. And therefore, she's not a separatist. She could go back to mother Talzin ,but what use would Talzin have for her? Perhaps that's a key to both of these characters fates. Talzin definitely has some sort of plan. She's like a micro-cosmic female Palpatine in her manipulative, subtly powerful and scary ways. If Talzin is the key here, then perhaps Ventress could share the fate of Opress, whatever that turns out to be, and not survive that trilogy.
    And yes, i know of Ventress's EU fate, but i really don't think TCW will stick by that, especially since it's the most open-ended fate ever anyway.

2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Perhaps he could be an integral part in a Nightsister plot to destroy Dooku and Sidious, fuelled by Sidious? betrayal of Maul. You could have a situation where Sidious gets close to being exposed only to be averted by the destruction of Maul and Savage.

As for Ventress... I am unsure about what her fate could possibly be. Maybe she goes rouge and opens a third fraction (only it?s just herself) and is eventually redeemed from the dark side by the Jedi...

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    In my opinion, I think that Savage will survive a little after season 4.

They should develop his character with making him struggle with knowing what hs purpose is. Or the good in him struggles with the dark side.

Darth Maul however, I don't see living for very long. I would like to see him have a rematch with Obi-Wan, and become an enemy of both the Republic and Sepratists, but I doubt that he will have much to do that Savage hasn't done, or will do.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I believe that Darth Maul is:
    1) a ruse to send Oppress on some wild-bantha chase to serve some as-of-yet-unknown purpose of Mother Talzin's.
    2) in some sort of stasis or preservation chamber that allows someone to harvest his genetic material for cloning.

I think Ventress will take on a mercenary role whilst working toward her ultimate goal of killing Dooku.

5. Loupgarou

Jan 19, 2010
    I want him to survive further like you do, but i feel he won't. I don't know if the TCW team sees that much in him. But you never know.
    A plot where the Talzin attempts to take out Sidious (through manipulation of others like Opress) could be immensely satisfying and epic though. Maybe it runs deeper than just Maul,something more mythic. Some prophecy of Talzins or ancient rivalry with the Sith. It could establish the Nightsisters as more of a fringe group, and therefore also explore the meaning of the word Sith as more than just 'bad force user'. It could also simply be revenge but a larger vendetta could be fun. Of course, Palpatine would win in the end, but it would take some serious cunning and treachery. All this could involve Ventress too, as she struggles to figure out where she wants to be, craving power but not masters, and yet being so dependent. Redemption isn't out of the question for both Ventress and Opress. Dooku would likely be involved as well.
    Episode 1:Allure of the Dark Side
    Episode 2:Strength of the Dark Side
    Episode 3:Cost of the Dark Side
    Those are hypothetical names of each episode, just imagining now. Man, now i really want something like this to happen. Some sort of larger plot of Talzin's against Palpatine to come into play, for whatever reason, utilizing maul, Opress and maybe even Ventress.

6. Loupgarou

Jan 19, 2010
    With Ventress, who will she fight for as a mercenary? She can't work for the separatists, she'd be shot on sight i'm sure. The same with the Republic too. What else, the Hutts?

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Please leave the Darth Maul discussion to its appropriate thread.

As for Savage's fate, I also don't see him surviving past another trilogy of episodes.

8. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Agree with Gry, I never really liked the character and I would like to see him dead ASAP. Maul, however, I could see him in a larger role for this series.

9. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I almost said the same thing in my previous post. A Nightsister Prophacy to eliminate the Sith could be incredibly interesting...

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I happen to like this idea because to me it happens to make the most sense. I've mentioned it before but Talzin is pretty much a female Darth Sidious and the concept of her duping Savage to serve an even bigger plan seems to be the most plausible.

As for Savage surviving Season 4 I'm honestly not sure. I can picture him being killed off in the TCW series in general but whether or not he'll live or die this coming season is something I don't know about yet. To be honest though I wouldn't mind if he does meet his fate somewhere in Season 4.

If he does die (whether it be in Season 4 or in general) then I'm hoping that Talzin, Dooku, or Ventress kills him.

11. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    This is what I think is going on. Opress is a pawn being used by Talzin for who knows what, and Maul is the lure.

-JR

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Q: Do you think Savage Opress will survive season 4?
    A: I don't think so. Hopefully not. In fact I'd rather never see him again.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not sure what to think of Savage- maybe he dies maybe he lives but he cannot remain as bad guy so is he released from the evil spell and turns to the light- or is he destroyed cannot say...... looks probable he dies anyway even as "good guy"

But still what the heck is this Maul-thing really why they added it there was no need really..... There is no need for Maul in TCW at least when they had Savage- now there is two of them!:p

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This is getting out of hand. Now there are 2 of them!

We should not have made this bargain.

15. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    @Humble_Jedi I think I know how Savage Opress should meet his fate:

He shall be sacrificed to Twelve Dancing Monkey Lizards. [face_skull]

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Or then he goes to Wasskah and is pwned by convorees aka owliethingys:p

17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yes, but not 5.

18. Loupgarou

Jan 19, 2010
    You know, i actually agree with that, only for marketing purposes. He has to survive till ep.1 is re-released, to keep interest in Zabrak out there. Unless they kill him and keep darth maul around ,but i doubt that. I feel that Maul won't stick around, if he's around at all. he'll last his trilogy, but that's it i think.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Just realised I haven't posted my thoughts yet.

I honestly don't expect him to. Loupgarou mentions keeping him alive until TPM IN 3D comes out February 2012, well if the Savage-Maul issue is in the second half of the season then that would mean it would happen at pretty much the same time. Once the film has been released however since he's no longer of any use (his only real use was to rekindle interest in Maul as a 'totally subtle' marketing tool for TPM rerelease anyway) then I don't think there'd be any need for them to keep him alive.

Of course little kiddies will cry that their favourite character bites the dust but that's only because they're not old enough to understand why they created him in the first place.

They could of course go all out, give him a ship called the Phantom with Menace in Aurebesh bumper stickers all over it. Or if Maul's spirit shows up he could have some Phantom-Menace line kinda like the overused "WHAT SORCERY THIS THIS!?":rolleyes: or "What the Phantom Menace?!" like WTF?! when Maul shows up.

20. Loupgarou

Jan 19, 2010
    Maybe Mother Talzin is the true phantom menace. And when the re-release comes out, they'll randomly shoop her into the background somewhere, cackling, because she's been planning EVERYTHING.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I would say :oops: While i'm ok with Maul being somehow part of Talzin's plan all along i doubt they are not going to make her to be main baddie of saga she don't even appear ino_O ... it's still Sidious behind all those schemes as mainbaddie- but well Talzin vs. Sidious would be interesting season finale- yet we know which one wins then..... yeah kill the Talzin and make Ventress to be that new clan mother:p- what if Savage will die by Dooku who proves his loyalty to Sidious then .... maybe....
    Talzin says Savage will have "a great destiny" Can that mean anything else than destroying Sidious...... destroying Anakin? Because Balance of the Force would weaken the magic of the nightsisters? Plausible.... then Anakin would kill Savage as i first thought.....

22. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Mother Talzin, female Palpatine with piles of plans, or just a nice old lady who likes to help people? Shame that Obi-Wan and Anakin left so soon, she just had put cookies (almost wrote cookiees) into the oven.

Edit: One more point, we never saw Palpatine and Talzin in the same scene, did we? [face_thinking]

Sudooku likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

(Although that would certainly explain how Palps got ahold of Maul...)

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha i still love the idea Talzin is Palpy's ex[face_laugh] - wanting revenge- Hell has no fury like a Dathomiri Witch scorned[face_skull]

now let just tie up this idea with Zillo Beast and it's clone.... why it hated Palpy so?[face_thinking] Ok better left Zillo out of this theory- he just saw the obvious -jedi didn't- Palpy is just so evil.......

Sudooku likes this.
  25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Or even better he is sacrificed to the Monkey Lizards and the Owliethingys while Mother Talzin bakes cookies for everyone. :p