main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think that there were Sith Lords of other species before?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by artemis_fowl, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Did anyone notice that other than Darth Maul,all the Sith Lords/Apprentices are human?Do you think that there were Sith Lords of other species before?

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Hmm ... good question. I never thought about that before :).

I don't know ... there probably were, but if they were aliens I bet they were humanoid. They probably didn't consider the species to be a major criteria. But I doubt that a Sith would take on a Hutt apprentice, if you know what I mean.

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    According to the EU, there are two definations of "Sith"- one is the alien race, while the other is the familiar enemy of the Jedi. Both are related however. ;) :)

Sith- this ancient race of insect-like humanoids was characterized by its dark, red skin, cranial horns, and long bony chins. There were several subspecies of Sith, each with its own place in their society. Some were slaves, other were warriors, and the highest caste of all were the magicians. They lived in a remote sector of the ancient galaxy, and were unknown to most until a group of Jedi Knights discovered their existence. The early Sith regarded the Dark Jedi as gods. The Force-sensitive Sith magicians proved to have control over the Dark Side of the Force, and the Jedi took many of their tomes and teachings back to study. They hoped to determine ways to avoid the Dark Side, but a group of Jedi found the allure of the Dark Side and the Sith teachings too powerful. They rose up against their Masters, but were not yet powerful enough to defeat them. The Dark Jedi were banished from the Old Republic, and chose to flee across the galaxy to the worlds of the true Sith. Over the millennia, the two groups intermingled, until very little pure Sith blood remained. One of the early Dark Lords of the Sith was Marka Ragnos, who was succeeded by Naga Sadow. Freedon Nadd was a later Dark Lord who was caught by the Jedi Knights on Onderon and entombed there. Nadd's spirit invaded the body and mind of Exar Kun, who eventually became a Dark Lord himself. They developed a rigid hierarchy of magicians and warriors, with the leadership of the brotherhood falling to the current Dark Lord of the Sith. The Sith wrote expansive volumes on the control and use of the Dark Side, and described incredible manifestations of power. Later, they were able to created amulets and weaponry that could assist the user in controlling the Dark Side. These devices amplified the Dark Side, making the user incredibly powerful. Much of the Sith lore was hidden on various worlds when the ancient Jedi Knights first sought to eradicate the Sith. Some was stored on Korriban, some on the moon of Yavin 4. The last remained true-blooded Sith were wiped out by Exar Kun during the Great Sith War, when he stole their life energy in an effort to defend his fortress on Yavin 4 against the forces of the Old Republic.

Sith- this ancient brotherhood of Jedi Knights split from the ranks of the "Lightsiders" when access to the ancient Sith lore was forbidden. The Jedi Council feared that the knowledge of harnessing the Dark Side of the Force would be twisted and used to perform many evil acts. The Sith brotherhood was founded some 2,000 years before the Battle of Yavin by a rogue Jedi Knight who yearned to learn more of the Dark Side of the Force. Together with about 50 followers, this rogue fled the Old Republic and established his own Sith order. With galactic domination on their agenda, these new Sith Lords quickly became distrustful of each other and abusive of their dark side powers. In a short time, they had nearly wiped themselves out again. One Sith Lord remained, a man by the name of Darth Bane. He swore that the Sith would never again vanish from the galaxy, but also made certain that they never grew beyond their means. He established a rigid code by which there could only be a single Sith Lord and a single Sith apprentice. When the Lord finally expired, his current apprentice was promoted and allowed to take his own student. This pairing continued for the next several centuries until Darth Sidious rose to power as the Sith Lord. Sidious eventually took Darth Maul as his apprentice, and hoped to take control of the galaxy by bringing the Old Republic down from the inside. However, Maul was destroyed by Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Sidious' plans were thwarted. Decades later, Emperor Palpatine established Darth Vader as the last Dark Lord through the rigorous training he gave Vader. Following the deaths of Vader and Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, and with the destruction of Palpatine'

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah Sith can be any species I reckon.

5. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I like to imagine a creature like salacious crumb as a sith lord

6. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks KenKenobi. I see that you have changed your icon. :)

7. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    artemis_fowl: No problem, mate. It gets a little confusing when there are two definations for such a widely used name. ;)

And yes, I'm glad you noticed the icon change. It probably won't be there for long though- I really like it and all (as I think Cloud City is a very nice place, thus my founding of the Cloud City Cantina ;) ), but my original icon is very personal, and I'm usually recognized by it.

*shrugs* I probably return to my normal one in a week or so. ;) :)

In any event, have a good day. ;) :cool:

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

8. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey guys,I just read up about a Darth Bane.You know the guy who founded the only-two-sith-lords-at-a-time rule?I wonder if he's human,humanoid or alien?

9. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    artemis_fowl: Here is a bit of info on Bane for you... ;) :)

Darth Bane: this ancient Sith Lord was the last of his kind to survive the Battle of Ruusan, a catastrophic struggle that consumed his order some 2,000 years before the Battle of Yavin. Bane was a tall, bald man with heavy muscles and an intimidating gaze. He had trained under Lord Qordis, but never actually completed his training. He was an evil man, and gathered strength from killing young children before their parents' eyes, then murdering the parents. During the Battle of Ruusan, Darth Bane had not agreed with Lord Kaan's to use a thought bomb. He managed to escape its devasation and flee to Onderon's moon, Dxun, haunted by the specters of his former master as Lord Kaan. On Dxun, he discovered Exar Kun's Sith holocron, which he secured after being beset and infected by orbalisks. The orbalisks saved him from the attack of a skreev, while Bane's own strength in the Dark Side of the Force allowed him to control it. He later used the skreev to escape to Onderon. Recognizing that the Sith order was doomed to fail if it became too large, Bane waited until all the other Sith were destroyed by their brethren or the Jedi Knights, then established a set of rules that were dominated by the pretense that there could only be two Sith active in the galaxy at any time: a Master and an apprentice. Eventually, Bane took his own apprentice, and set his new order in motion. Future Sith Lords were taught the virtues of patience, planning, and secrecy.

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

10. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey, KenKenobi I know that you've haerd this before, but you are really a walking Star Wars dictionary! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.