main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Do you think the force is real?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SJ-Davies, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJ-Davies

SJ-Davies Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    Hello from Warsaw... nice to meet you all. So tell me, is the force really there, or is it something else... or nothing at all. I'm curious to see the responses. Open discussion is welcome.... or do you all just play games, and avoid philosophy?

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh there's definately something to it. Many belief systems talk about an energy that is within all living things. I just haven't learned how to use it to throw stuff around or float starships out of lakes...

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Heeeellllllllooooo, Kansas City! Reporting in from St. Louis here. We don't have many people posting, but I remain ever vigilant and hopeful that more will arrive. It would be so great to have enough of a group to organize fun activities with.

One of things I like about the Force is that it is very similar of my concept of the spiritual nature of our universe. I have never decided for myself whether I think that ALL living things create an "energy", or whether it is ALL matter, or ALL sentient life, or what exactly, but I believe in some kind of psychic energy that we have lost or never fully developed the ability to sense. While I am a skeptic of most specific examples of "paranormal" phenomena, I DO believe that there are things which make themselves felt in our world that exist but that we lack the means to identify, examine, etc.

Another thing I like about the Force is the concept of a balance between the light and the dark. The yin and the yang as it were. I tend not to think of the light and dark as strictly being good and evil, but more like being a push/pull, giving/gathering kind of a dichotomy.

Ah, there I go, waxing poetic. And weird.

Anyway, greetings again, fellow Show-Me's! Please come visit at St. Louis anytime. And you might also find Chicago and Minneapolis forums to be friendly places to drop in.

May the Force be with you!

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    For some mind-blowing discussion about real-life Force, check this thread out from over in Misc.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1523876&replies=42

It's called "Taoism & Disappearing Jedi"

5. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Yes, but not as in the way of the Jedi. I'm a christian and I beilive that there is a supreme being that at certain times gives specific people 'powers' or causes 'unnatural' things to happen.
    Most of the Major Reglion Groups (Jews, Mussliums, Buddists, etc.) believe in a supreme being.

However I am usually very sceptical of what some people call 'miracles'.

p.s. please notice that my spelling ability lacks and is the bottom 10%. Thank you

-JWK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.