main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think the TV Show will capture the essence of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I have high hopes and I think the T.V. Show will capture the essence of Star Wars.

2. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    For the small screen I hope that it will. But honestly, nothing compares to seeing the opening crawl and the depths of space on the big screen.

3. Sumras_Naju

Sumras_Naju Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2005
    Very true. But I also feel that it will be a awsome show to watch, and will captivate many and bring even more fans over to Star Wars.

4. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm worried that it will look & feel like Trek, Farscape, Babylon 5 etc, etc.What SW stands for in terms of quality and scope is light years ahead of this junk.I'm praying for something revolutionary...and no wobbly sets! [face_worried]

5. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    That's the question that the success of the show hinges upon. I think it will. :)

6. StarWarsIsMyLife

StarWarsIsMyLife Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2004
    I think the TV show could do much better in one respect than the movies: stories. The Star Wars story in the films was very deep, but with a TV show, it could go even deeper and that's very exciting to me.

7. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    If it is true to SW history and only concentrates on secondary characters, with maybe an occasional cameo from a main character then yes. If the whole thing is Luke as a kid, it will suck.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think GL will make a whole TV Show about Luke as a kid and growing up because he had a boring life before ANH and that's why he wanted to leave in ANH and GL said the TV Show wouldn't star any main characters.

9. jeromew

jeromew Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Yup. Like I said in the other thread about what it will take to make it successful: high production values. You can't capture the grandeur of the universe with Farscape-quality sets and costumes.

I think realistically, a TV show will only be able to capture the essence of part of a Star Wars universe well. If it tries to cover too much, it will fail.

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    LucasFilms has a ton of money to make the TV Show I think it will have better special effects than any Sci Fi TV Show ever.

11. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    I wonder what the score will be like? I know John Williams would not be involved. The music has to capture the feel of Star Wars to make fans think this is the same GFFA.

I think the show can capture the essence of the films, as long as there is no cost cutting on budget.

12. Anakin_redsaber

Anakin_redsaber Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    The show should be like watching half an hour of one of the films.

13. BigMackDaddy

BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    It will be better than all of Star Trek combined!

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What I wonder about is how it will portray Grevious. Will it stick with the earlier, small-screen portrayals of Grievous as an unstoppable warrior? Or will they tow the line of the weak, "moustache-twirler" from Episode III. Perhaps some transitional form between the two?

15. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Errm, is'n't Grievous kinda...dead? [face_tired]

16. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    Well said.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Stubris, I thought the TV series was supposed to be more stuff from the Clone Wars (pre-EPIII)??? That's what I based my comment off of, anyway.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    We're talking about the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series set in between ROTS and ANH starring minor characters not the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series coming out in Fall 2007.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I think the TV show will live up to its expectations.

20. tuskentimmy

tuskentimmy Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2005
    I belive that the TV show will live up tp it's expectations as long as does not look fake and have crapy stories like star trek. Though if it is a good storie driven show and near like movie effectes it will be great to have something finally that expandes the galaxy futher into the Expanded Universe then just the books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.