1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:VIC Do you think there is a force?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Master_Obi_Dan, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_brutus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just tried it, its, kind of eerie..... but its also pretty cool! :cool:
  2. Master_Obi_Dan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    do u have ur eyes closed?
    and do u tense ur muscles?
  3. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, Hawk, I've heard of that particular scientific phenomenon as well. ;)

Another way to produce the same muscular contractions (the 'force') is to stand in a doorway, or something similar, and;

- with your palms faced inward and your arms by your sides, stand in the middle of the doorway, up straight.
    - Push outward with the back of your hands, keeping your arms straight, until the back of your hands are pushing against the door frame.
    - keep pushing, with your arms straight, for at least 30-60 seconds.
    - then, step foward a couple of steps, and try and lift your arms up to shoulder height, if not higher.

It will feel like you are floating, and your arms will feel "supercharged", as if you could lift anything. Don't try to though, you'll give yourself a hernia. ;)

Do try it.
  4. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight

star 5
    Dear PoT, I and Dr Karl have confirmed that yes the comment about using only 10% of your brain is false. The comment was a keen marketing ploy.But that is another story.

Master Obi Dan, If i were you i would see the visiting Shaolin Monks if they come to a city near you. That is all Chi/Ki in action. Awesome specticle! Even better if they do some of their more hardcore stunts, like throwing a sewing needle through a glass window etc..
    Read up also on some of the past Martial Arts masters. Some have confirmed eye witnesses to some incredible feats. Such as punching holes in the ground up to the elbows and fighting(killing bulls) bare handed. Also it is awesome to witness a true master in combat. There is no effort involved. They simply walk through an attack. Think about if they are old and cripple then even walking is an effort. Fighting should be geared towards this eventual effortless actions and mastery.
  5. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, it was a pity I missed them whilst they where touring.

Although I'm convinced they channel some semi-mystical "chi", I do respect the life time of discipline it takes to achieve such infinite mastery.
  6. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    They're coming back next month aren't they?
  7. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah I am sure they are live at the Myer Music Bowl in Feb?March sometime. They are awesome.
  8. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I smell a VicFF meet. We can go and learn the ways of the Force. ;)
  9. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Oh hell, I'm doomed.
  10. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    You have no problem with VicFF whatsoever. [/jedi mind trick]
  11. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    [jedi mind trick]You have no problem with me IP banning you[/jedi mind trick]

;)
  12. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Fair enough. I'll go back into my hole now.
  13. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [Huggard's Divine Blessing]You will not IP ban Hawk. Hawk is your master now...[/Huggard's Divine Blessing]

I think the idea for a meet is a great one! Imagine that, VicFF becoming a little tribe of Shaolin Monk wannabes. :D

Stranger things have happened with regard to this mob, we all know that by now...
  14. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight

star 5
    I love it when they do backflips on their heads!
  15. The_Shadow88 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Some scientists belive that all living matter has a bioplasmic field around it.. similar to Obi Wan's description of the force.
    This is reffered to as an aura by new agers, and can be actually be seen with Kirlian Photography.
    Supposedly this field is made up of negative and positive 'psi' particles, which are formed in the nerve synapse. These can be directed with practice, and do cool stuff like move objects and ignite things spontaneously, but the avergae person would be lucky to leviate something 1 gram for a second. These monk dudes have been practicing for their whole life, which is why they are that powerful.
    I am not sure if I belive in it, but I think it is probably true.
  16. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hey you don't have to believe, just try. Go to a traditional Ninjutsu class, and I stress "Traditional" and watch them go through their mental training. I remember reading about their 5th Dan test where they sit seated with their backs to the grandmaster. He at a time of his choosing cuts down at them with his sword. They simply have to feel the sword coming and roll out of the way. The other excersises they do at lower levels are also great!
  17. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think that George Lucas is actually a Jedi that's come to Earth to create his "Star Wars" holodramas to try desensitize the masses to the reality that is the Galaxy far, far away, for when the outbound flight project finally reachs us.

NB. All of the SW authors are also Jedi and/or Intelligence agents.
  18. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight

star 5
    The biggest let down for me in the Star Wars movies had been the sword combat. Terrible at times and not at all effecient!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.