main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think there will be OTHER cartoons

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jedi_1986, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1986

jedi_1986 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    just wondering. Like a Shadows of the Empire cartoon.

AFTER E 3 and all dvd's are out do you think george will make new cartoons. Like what he did with the other cartoons and movies about star wars.

what do you guys think. I would love to see cartoon shorts about Obi training Anakin.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Lucasfilm said to CN that if Clone Wars does well, a full sized cartoon may be worked on.

3. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I would enjoy a NJO cartoon

4. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I would enjoy an animated series drawn to the sound recordings of the entire Star Wars NPR Radio Dramas. What you think?

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "just wondering. Like a Shadows of the Empire cartoon. "

yeah that would be really awesome. I also would like to see a NJO cartoon series. However as I have said before anime would be much more fitting for the gritty war like escense of the NJO. Also shadows of the empire wouldn't look good in Genndy's style either.

Forcebewitya!

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would prefer more of a X-Men Evolution or Batman of the Future style than traditional anime.

Or maybe the Starship Troopers series CGI Aniamation a la Final Fantasy: The Spirits within and Animatrix: The Final Flight of the Osiris.

7. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I would like a cartoon about the events that happen after EIII,but before ANH,so we can see more of the Galactic Civil War between the Rebellion and the Empire.

8. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    in sw insider, genndy (im not even going to try to spell his last name) said that after clone wars he would like to do another star wars series starring han solo.

9. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

I would like a cartoon about the events that happen after EIII,but before ANH,so we can see more of the Galactic Civil War between the Rebellion and the Empire.[/b][hr][/blockquote]Now THIS is an interesting concept.

Show us how the Rebellion was shaped, how leaders like Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and others managed to keep together a bunch rag-tag splinter groups long enough to coalesce as a systematic threat to the Emperor's rule.

Show us the sheer extent and breadth of the Galactic Empire's cruelties and wantonness against the "disheartened worlds of the galaxy," and give us a reason to truly dislike that first entrance of Darth Vader onto the Rebel Blockade Runner in the opening moments of the original 1977 film.

How did the Rebels manage to survive for so long before coming together as the Alliance? Many questions like this one could be answered, in this type of format.

And, if you wanted to make things even GRIMMER and create an even larger sense of futility and hopelessness -- until the day when "a new hope" arises once again -- show us the last few Jedi Knights running for their lives and being hunted to extinction, and perhaps even trying to give their last days some [i]gravitas[/i] and meaning by helping the Rebels against the Empire before the last curtain falls.

Finally...it would even be an opportunity to connect the [i]Droids[/i] cartoon to the greater SW continuity, in terms of the storylines resonating off one another. In fact, much of the political backstory has already been outlined in the Expanded Universe -- the Corellian Treaty, the Cantham House Meetings, the Ghorman Massacre, etc. All it would take are a few enterprising, hungry young writers to pick up the ball and expand the canon a bit more for the screen.

It has the potential, I feel, to work even better than (for example) a series set post-ROTJ, where too many of the unexplored "blanks" of history have already been filled in for it to be as potentially effective for both the old-school and new [i]Star Wars[/i] fans as this concept.

10. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    A CG cartoon would probably be the best for a long running series, it could use many of the models for characters, locations and actors that ILM uses at the moment.

11. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    I would post this somewhere else but who knows where it should go. Are the clone wars cartoons canon or what?

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If I'm not mistaken, there's another thread in this forum that discusses that exact topic.

Edit: Here it is.

13. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    Thanks Yodajeff, I really appreciate that.

14. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I like the Han Solo/Chewbacca idea.

I've wanted a Shadows of the Empire cartoon since I was in fourth grade. Hopefully it'll happen. It'll likely be a TV movie or a miniseries, as you can't base an entire series on the one book.

An NJO series would be sick.

Personally, I'd love to see a cartoon about Darth Vader in between Episodes III and IV. Hunting Jedi. Coming to terms with his new state. Hunting more Jedi...

Also, cartoons about Boba Fett or Jango Fett, think, are fairly obvious choices. :)

Oooh! And ancient SW history! Sith War!

15. gedi

gedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2002
    i would love to see a more in depth jedi training cartoon with luke and yoda.
    you could see luke defending him self against multiple training remotes and learning about the jedi lore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.