main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think there will be spoilers in the ot dvds?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ghost_Jedi, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    What I am refering to, and it has been hinted by posters about whether or not we will see the Ghost_Jedi explained. So we know that GL has an affinity to changing the ot, to his newest whims and desires. Anyway at the end of rotj we have Luke looking up into the night sky he sees Ben, Yoda, and his father. Do you think he might change this by adding either Mace or Qui-Jonn?

~edit~
    I know these are trying times, but thought we might get a new conversation started.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The Jedi Luke saw were the ones he knew.

It would be beyond pointless to show Luke seeing strangers. Luke never knew Qui-Gonn or Mace Windu. So showing them would seem rather foolish.

I like that scene as it is.

-Seldon

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I agree.

Don't worry, Ghost, the mystery of your name will be intact until Episode III. ;)

But: I think the OT DVDs will have the first trailer of Episode III.

Think about it - I'm sure they'll be the quickest-selling DVDs in history, but as added incentive, Lucas will give us the 1st trailer...

4. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    >Do you think there will be spoilers in the ot dvds?<

I dont know..

5. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    Think about it - I'm sure they'll be the quickest-selling DVDs in history, but as added incentive, Lucas will give us the 1st trailer...

Exactly, that would be the perfect thing for him to do. Of course, most here know I'm Militant-Spoiler-Free so it would massively suck for me personally, but from a marketing standpoint I'm sure people would buy the darn things just for the EPIII trailer itself! :p I know I would, if I weren't as spoiler-free as I am. I remember reading about people going to movies that featured the TPM trailers and walking out after they saw the trailer...completely skipping the film!

As for Ghost_Jedi's post, I don't think there will be any tampering with that particular scene in RotJ. Darth_Seldon's got it right when he said those were the only 3 Jedi Luke knew. There's be no reason to show people he never knew.

6. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    The Jedi Luke saw were the ones he knew.

Yeah, but they were also the only Jedi that at that point that we knew. Now we know a whole lot more. Now we also know Jedi that were important to the life of Anakin. And if the whole sw story is about Anaki, and if we watch sw i-vi like GL wants us to . . .

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Actually, I'm not convinced we're going to see a Jedi Ghost in Episode III.

I still think the Jedi Ghost phenomenon is tied into the Skywalkers somehow.

8. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    T'would be cool to see Qui-Gon again, but I highly doubt it. There'd be rumors of Liam Neeson coming back by now if he was...unless I just haven't seen any in my Super-no-spoiler state...?

No, don't tell me either! :p

I still think the Jedi Ghost phenomenon is tied into the Skywalkers somehow.
    That would make sense with Anakin being the Chosen One and all. Would be quite interesting. Or maybe it's the huge amount of Darkness now in power?

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Someone (it might have been Rick McCallum) specifically said that there will be no extra ghosts in the final ROTJ scene (or indeed any announced modifications for the 2004 set at all).

BTW, not to tempt the uber-spoiler-free people if they really don't want to know, but there has been some info through Hyperspace on Jedi ghosts and their role or lack thereof (vague enough? ;)) in Episode III. You can check in the Pablo's Q&A thread (although it will have far more info than just on this topic) or PM me for the relevant excerpt.

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I hope Lucas adds at least a teaser trailer to the Classic Trilogy DVD.

-Seldon

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It wouldn't make sense. Luke doesn't need to see them. Anakin, Yoda, and Ben are the important characters in that scene. They were all important in Luke's life. Ben was back with those he loves, and if it weren't for Luke, Ben, and Yoda, he wouldn't be. Any other characters were be extranous and only serve to completely confuse Luke.

And, for the record, its confirmed that Padme won't be added either.

12. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    OMG the tought of a Ep III preview on the DVD almost brings tears to my eyes!

13. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I have two quick statements:

I. If anything new is mentioned on the OT DVDs, special features or otherwise, they will not be considered to be spoilers on this site.

II. A while ago, this board saw a very good discussion on the "Disapearing and Reappearing Jedi" in Episode III. I'll ask to you check out that thread and to please continue any discussion there. :)

:) Mace Windy,
    too windy for words!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.