main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Do You Think We'll Ever See Garoo Maga in the New Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Do you think Maga will ever be incorporated into the New Canon? Just like in the EU, I believe that Vader should unexpectedly intervene, allowing Tash to free Maga and his tribe. There are the porgs, but they're more of a puffin-cat than a neanderthal. It would be cool to see Tash impressing the other Dantari with her Force abilities, inciting great jealousy in Maga. What are your thoughts?

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I kind of doubt anyone would go out of their way to bring in a relatively obscure character from Galaxy of Fear.

But we've gotten some really out of left field callbacks before, so anything is possible.

3. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    you're probably right, they wouldn't think of it. i think we should start a twitter campaign to make sure they do. #maga

4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Imma be straight up. I didn't know who this character was until I read the wookiepedia article.

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well Outsourced, Maga was a garoo or medicine-man of a Dantari tribe on Dantooine. One year after the Battle of Yavin, Mammon Hoole and Zak and Tash Arranda sought refuge from the Galactic Empire among Maga's tribe. The Dantari were impressed by Tash Arranda's Force abilities, inciting great jealousy in Maga. In an attempt to rid himself of Tash, Maga directed the young girl to "The Place of Fallen Rocks"—the ruins of an ancient Jedi outpost on Dantooine, supposed to be cursed according to ancient garoo lore.

Maga's tribe was eventually captured by the army of Dantooinian clones, including several clones of Tash Arranda. Maga was convinced that the offworlder had betrayed his people. However, thanks to the unexpected intervention of Darth Vader, Tash was able to free Maga and his tribe.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    no i hate it when they bring real world politics into star wars it ruins everything i just like the story

7. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Oh you cheeky b***h.

8. But the new movies talk about real-world politics

9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I found the character to be rather grating in Galaxy of Fear. I think the last thing we need is to make Star Wars grate again.

10. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Maga, in politics, is short for Make America Great Again, which is the slogan Donald Trump is heavily associated with.

It was a joke.

11. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    can you guys keep politics out of my thread, i just want to talk about MAGA here. Thanks.

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What about Force lightning tho?

CaptainPeabody and Havac like this.
  13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Look guys, I like the EU as much as anybody, probably more than some of you. Oh those Lonely Teenage Nights with nothing but page 64 of the Essential Guide to Characters to keep me company...

But the EU is Dead. It's Canon now. And canon is great because it sells great and everyone is buying it. And sometimes a major EU character like Thrawn or Wedge's dead girlfriend might pop up, but the EU is Dead. DEAD. It's all Canon, Baby. And those EU Nuggets are for Nerds who read books, and don't mean the EU was good. MAGA is just another example of a terrible EU character like Waru, or Lord Nyax or Corran Horn, who is just there to make the movie characters (OUR HEROES) look bad. And I don't want to hear "what if Maga is Snoke?" because you can't make an old Dead character like that suddenly Interesting by saying they're Actually this new, super-Interesting character.

No, MAGA should stay Dead. DEAD! With the rest of the Terrible EU characters, except for the ones I like like Thrawn and BoShek and Terpfen who should be made Awesome Story Group CANNoN that sells bajillions! BOOM!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    "The Place of Fallen Rocks" - sounds to me like they need an infrastructure bill!

Just more evidence that when the Jedi send their people to Dantooine, they are not sending their best.

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I like this theory, Darth_Duck. Thank you for contributing it. It would certainly be an interesting development.

16. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    BUT I SAID...! Ugh. Meany!

Snoke, Snoke, always Snorkel. REY is the true goddess of Star Wars now. Is Maga one of Rey's Missing Parents? No! (Unless TLJ goes in a really weird direction, but it won't, because Canon! is all that matters now and the EU isn't canon. It was but it isn't anymore, so move on!)

I don't even know why we're taking about this MegaSnorkel when we could be talking about REY, the most interesting character, and REY's parents, The Most Important Mystery! Your Star trek is DEAD! Accept that it's all Canon now and forever and it's way better than the EU.

Lando+Aphra

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    do you think we will ever see jason and jaina in the new cannnon

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  18. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    You people need help :p

19. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    Of Course not. Jason is just a Kylo Rennabe, and if you bring Jaina in you have to bring in Zekk and Kyp and Li'l Fel because her value as a character was who she was going to End Up with.

Also with Jacon: Tahiri? She kissed him, or he kissed her and by the transitive power of kissing that would make Anakin Solo canon and he's DEAD! Why bring a Dead Guy back? And Tahiti and Jacen? Gross. Tahiri needs a good guy like Ben Skywalker but Superior Canon has Ben Solo, not Ben Skywalker. The BenSs. And Tahiri can't be with Ben Solo. Ben loves Rey because of the way he tortured her.

So no, we'll never see Jaxxon and Jaina in Canon!

BobaMatt likes this.
  20. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
  21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think this is a joke about people who like Starkiller.

Like me.

:(

Daneira and RavagerFish like this.
  22. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    Leave it to the Starkiller fans to turn this thread into yet another Maga vs Starkiller war!

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Marek had a few things going for him, but he was no Dantari garoo medicine-man—any Mega-Maga fan worth their salt knows that. I look forward to the day Maga returns to canon so this dispute can be settled once and for all.

CaptainPeabody and Trip like this.
  23. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    this is a complete lie. we all love starkiller. don't we folks? in fact i think nobody loves starkiller more than we do.

Darth_Duck and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  24. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The idea that Anyone hates starkiller is FAKE NEWS
    #makestarkillergreatagain

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Starkiller's already in the nu-canon.

We all remember how in The Force Unleashed 3, Galen Marek's head swelled to the size of a planet, before it was excavated by the First Order.

BobaMatt, kalzeth and jedisor like this.