do you use music when you GM??

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Aug 19, 2003.

?

do you use music when you GM??

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
only Star Wars soundtracks 28 vote(s) 32.2%
any movie soundtrack 30 vote(s) 34.5%
the radio 2 vote(s) 2.3%
no 11 vote(s) 12.6%
other 16 vote(s) 18.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, DarthArraKul: The Electric Joe Sattriani an anthology:
    Love scene "Always with me always with you"
    Cool mood setter tune "Flying in a blue dream" set it on repeat and forget it until its time for slash and trash.
    There is a large assortment of other tunes by this very talented jazz/rock/fusion guitarist, also on his new album "Is there love in space?". (He's that talented.)

Vangarian
  2. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    I've become a big fan of Phil Coulter. He hasn't done much in sound tracks, but if you check out some of his more recent albums, like Celtic Horizons, you'll find some great erie eire music.

Also some anime music, like from SpaceBattleship Yamato and Irresponsible Captain Tyler is effective. Record of the Lodos War is also good.

Believe it or not, TSR published some modestly decent music with it's Red Steel books. Not prize winning, but not too bad.
  3. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just started to use my I-pod and I like to use Japanese animation sound tracks along with some video game sound tracks like Metal Gear and Onimusha War lords. I also use a lot of Sasha a electronic artist who was on the CSI TV show. I also seem to lean to the music of Don Davies who did a lot of the Matrix sound tracks.
  4. ShutterBug Jedi Padawan

I am about to break into a game (well in a few hours.) that I'm going to use THE PUNISHER soundtrack A LOT in.
  5. Jedi_Rhysode Jedi Master

star 2
    For the last 2 missions I GMed I used music (the Return of the Jedi sound track that I picked up at a con). It added alot of cool atmousphere, particularly durring combat. I want one of the prequel sound tracks though, cuz i'd love to use duel of the fates for boss-type fights.
  6. darkknight_152002 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I usually use Classical whenever I play a game, or the suitable soundtrack. If the game is not an RPG, I may listen to something else depending on the pace or setting.

I've played Final Fantasy Tactics while playing Tomas Luis de Victoria and Chevelle. Yes, I'm a weirdo. [face_laugh]

Music is very good for when I'm planning a setup or a game. I find it conducive to my work.
  7. JediLeeora Jedi Master

star 3
    We listen to metallica and trance when ever we RPG. Gives it a very...interesting twist. Sometime we listen to the soundtrack from 13th warrior and braveheart.
  8. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    anyone found any new soundtrack gems to liven up their sessions?
  9. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    Scarlet Pimpernel: The Musical
    Muppet Treasure Island
    Space Age
    Music from the New Audio Adventure (Doctor Who) by Big Finish Productions
    Space Piper by Rare Air

Finding those ought to tide you over.
  10. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    We are starting our Star Wars on on Friday, I'll bring my Star Wars cds and make my friend play them. I really want to get the 2 cd sets of all of the OT soundtracks, but at least Empire since that is the time period we are playing in.
  11. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm going to try and procure the latest Rammstein album for my next session. It's just great background music for a fast paced game.
  12. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
  13. TheLoneGunman9x19mm Jedi Padawan

Joe Satriani, Nightwish, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, baby!
  14. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Usually I don't use music, but few times me and my GM used SW soundtrack and few metal bands.
  15. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars sound tracks and movie sound tracks are a staple, but we don't limit our selves to that either.
    Some New Age music works well in story orentated scenes, and music of the "experimental classical" genre is typically a winner too. Really most anything with out lyrics works if it fits the mood of the scene. Of course in the right scene music with lyrics will work, so long as you can't actually understand the lyrics o_O
  16. Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Master

star 1
    if im the story teller and were in a star wars game then i always figure its star wars all the way i even have it on file for diffrent kinda settings..from dules cantina's to just hanging around idle john williams is a awsome composer i use tracks from everything from the phantom meance to return of the jedi even recently i started to intergrate some of the wonderful music by Jeremy Soule from knights of the old republic adds a lovely new layer to it now if it's D@D or something none star wars then as mentioned prior Hans Zimmer's work from Gladiator James Horner with the recent troy , Basil Poledouris, from conan ,Michael Hoeing from the baulder gate series and finally Matt Uelmen's creations for the Diablo 2 games and its expansions really add depth to the over all feel of the games
  17. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Where did you get the KotOR music? I've got 3 or 4 MP3's from the website, but I haven't found any others. Are there other resource out there?
  18. Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Master

star 1
    Im afraid i dont another source other than the game's offical website that lets you download three or five songs there were alot of great ambiant songs from the orginal KOTOR and a few good tracks from KOTOR II however the tracks from kotor 2 were performed by

Mark Griskey not mr Soule i wish the games had soundtracks id buy them as i rather enjoyed them and such dose anyone know any other sites that have the songs to download from maby?
  19. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  20. Vangarian Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been recently using the Sound Track from the Scorpian King as alternative battle music. It rocks!
  21. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I've herad it, it sounds very good. I'll try with Scorpion king next time I play.
  22. Vangarian Force Ghost

star 4
    My wife recently purchased an album by a band from Europe called Samael. Dark Rock definitely works well for certain scenes in my Star Wars campaigns. This band is very interesting and makes good background music for dark scenes during game play. Check out their latest album titled "Reign of Light".

vangarian out
  23. DarthJahil Jedi Knight

I used the Battle of the Heroes and Requiem for a Dream for a recent duel. They are both really dramatic. I think Requiem for a Dream was from the Two Towers Soundtrack, but I don't know (I downloaded it)
  24. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    believe it or not, I've used Forever Knight with considerable effect.
  25. DarthJahil Jedi Knight

What's that? "Lat Battle, Orignal Sin" is also a really cool, if weird, song.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.