main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do You Want A Clone Wars Micro Series LBL?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Apr 18, 2004.

?

Do You Want A Clone Wars Micro Series LBL?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

55.8%
  2. No

44.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    What is an "LBL," if I may ask?

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    LBL = Line by Line threads. A cleverly disguised post-padding thread.

And I voted no. Bib doesn't need the encouragement ;)

4. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I started one months ago in the SWC, but it got locked because it wasn't a movie.

5. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Or maybe it's because all twenty had not yet aired.

But now that they have, I don't see why we can't have one. :)

6. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Why don't we just start it right now anyways, since it is clear that people want it?

Or is this poll just a delaying tactic so dp4m can start the LBL thread himself and get his name on it? :p

7. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Or is this poll just a delaying tactic so dp4m can start the LBL thread himself and get his name on it?

Yeah, probably. :p

8. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    I shall defy my place and start it.

And if people don't want it, it will either be swamped with protests or just won't survive and drop past page 1.

:cool:

9. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I shall defy my place and start it.

And I shall buck all reason and follow you.

After all, it is in my nature to do the stupid thing, no matter how much I realize it. :p

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, it looks like we have one going...

11. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    http://boards.theforce.net/Small_Screen_Star_Wars/b10467/15609238/?5

Ifthe majority of Forum folks don't want one, we're not going to have one.

Erm, at the time of you closing the thread DP4M, the majority of people who've voted in this poll do want one. 6>5. Besides, the poll's only been up a day. Not really enough time for all the regular posters in this forum to stop by and vote. Surely if the idea wasn't wanted, the thread would just slip away anyway.

Well done DP4M. [face_plain]

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Erm, at the time of you closing the thread DP4M, the majority of people who've voted in this poll do want one. 6>5. Besides, the poll's only been up a day. Not really enough time for all the regular posters in this forum to stop by and vote. Surely if the idea wasn't wanted, the thread would just slip away anyway.

As you so aptly point out: it's been up a day.

Give it a week and we'll see where we are.

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    It looks like it's tied now. Why do we need to vote? If people don't like it, they don't have to post on it. :confused:

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Well, some people might not like what they percieve as pointless threads cluttering up the boards.

Just a thought.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The reason is thus: we generally discourage LBLs in "discussion" fora -- and allow them in community fora.

Hence, EU Lit would not have them, but EUC might have them.

This is a "discussion" forum, not a "social" forum. So I'm willing to bend the rules IF people decide that they want one here.

16. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I voted no simply because there is not many lines in the entire series... the whole show would be done every page, page and a half!!

17. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Bah, I knew it. The only way a Clone Wars LBL will survive is if dp4m starts it and has his name on it. :p

18. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Bib doesn't need the encouragement

LMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Though I agree, I voted for yes!

19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I would like to see one here, because even though LBL's only tend to appear only in social forums, Clone Wars discussion doesn't really occur anywhere else but in this forum (except the thread in the 3SA) and nowhere in a social fashion. So maybe this forum needs to contain a little bit of Clone Wars sociality as well as the pure discussion. The the SWC LBL didn't fare very well. Clone Wars isn't not a big movie that everyone knows about like TPM or ESB, and I never see Clone Wars discussion in in the SWC.

Plus, it wouldn't last be very long, would it?

20. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I voted no since I think LBL threads are useless waste of space.

Just like my posts.

21. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    The threads that start "wear can i downld these? links plz" or "i think clone wars sucks. greevus sucks. preequls sucks" are a useless waste of space, yet there's a new one every other day (4 a day when the series was running).
    There'd only be one LBL thread, anyone not wanting to post in 1 thread can simply avoid clicking the link.

I don't post in any other LBL's, and I only post in 1 other game thread in the Community forum, but I don't butst into a fit of apoplectic rage when I see them constantly bumped to the top of the page.

Jeez. [face_plain]

It's 13>10 in favour at time of posting, and yes, I know that's a close run thing. Can we run a vote on 'whining about CW' and see how that goes? I'd love to know how many people are in favour of that.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    The threads that start "wear can i downld these? links plz" or "i think clone wars sucks. greevus sucks. preequls sucks" are a useless waste of space

Yes, they are.

I don't butst into a fit of apoplectic rage when I see them constantly bumped to the top of the page.

Neither do I, I just stated an opinion.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Give it until Friday. I'm expecting that "Yes" will win, so you should be okay. ;)

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, some people might not like what they percieve as pointless threads cluttering up the boards.

Just a thought.

Try going to the YJCC.

25. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Neither do I, I just stated an opinion.

Apologies hansen, that wasn't directed at you. I was just using your statement as a starting point. It seems some people (a minority, granted) do have a real problem with having what they consider to be a usless thread constantly visible in their browser.
    I was pointing out that during the airing of both series of CW, we've been inundated with the same spammy questions, ignoring both the guidlines for posting and well-established threads covering the same topics.
    I don't think that one thread which is being used by a few people will be anywhere near as irritating as someone asking for links who can't use Google.

[/2p]

Anyway, seems to be righting itelf :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.