main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want Prequel characters to appear?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CaptainRegor, Nov 22, 2012.

1. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Hell, she could actually be a working antagonist then, she is a bounty hunter... Funny, I just came up with one of the most awesome fights I could think of... Mara Jade vs. Aurra Sing, man that would be a brutal no holds barred struggle.

kataja, TreborSabreon and agentkrycek like this.
  2. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Definites:
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    What I'd Like:
    • Chewbacca
    • Anakin Ghost
    • Jabba
    • Palpatine Hologram (i.e., someone stumbles on to his holocron) - I think this would be really cool. Maybe this could be the agent that turns a Jedi to the dark.
    Any PT characters that can live to 200 years or more would be fine as long as they are relevant to the story, environment, or situation.
    -DL

3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Jabba? But... Jabba was strangled, and then blown up...

4. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Jabba had Leia's chains wrapped around his neck and was choked. He's quite dead. And Boba Fett, a non-Kiwi who had 4 lines and whom I refuse to stop picturing as a young Jeremy Bulloch, is getting digested in the Sarlacc.

Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO are OT characters that are expected to be there.

As far as Force ghosts... I could possibly handle Ewan as Obi-Wan, but seeing Hayden as Anakin would be less than preferable. I'd rather they maybe stuck in a vision in the Dagobah cave of perhaps the kids seeing Vader. That would fulfill the requirement of marketable character appearance, while still making something dramatic out of it. Maybe old Jedi records that Luke finds could have antique holos of some of the PT characters, but I'd limit it.

Absolutely no resurrections or unlikely returns of characters that croaked it in either the PT or OT. However, if there had to be one, perhaps the Force ghost of Palpatine as a ghostly Id manipulating one of the new characters might not be too horrible. I'd completely redo Ian McDiarmid's makeup with the same kind of simple white makeup and more subtle partial prosthetics he had in RotJ instead of that awful, blobby, bloated mask.

5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I'm shocked the EU hasn't brought him back.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Good response. :) After all, Palpatine was thrown down a shaft, and then he exploded, and then he exploded again... and the EU still brought him back.

7. Darth_Leeda

Nov 8, 2002

I wasn't even thinking... Sorry about that. I was thinking strictly PT (and about characters that would live long enough).

8. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    I want to see Mon Mothma or her family return and then when Mothma Manor on Chandilla is destroyed by the villian her grand daughter goes crazy as a vigilante modeled after a blood drinking Chandillian Moon Moth

[​IMG]

9. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Jar Jar, all the way. I want Luke and Leia to go to Naboo and have to speak with Jar Jar about being the representative of Naboo for the New Republic.

Count Yubnub and CaptainRegor like this.
  10. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    Yeah and while they are there Jar Jar's Sister Gee Gee caps his ass

[​IMG]

InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Liam Neeson Force ghost appearing to a young Jedi who is dangling on the Dark Side edge. Maybe Artoo and Threepio, but that's about it.

12. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I’d just assume that no character from any of the previous Star Wars films appear in Episode VII, with R2-D2 and C-3PO being the only possible exceptions. Sorry, but count me as one of the very few who is not at all happy about the likely return of Luke, Leia and Han. I just don’t get it. There’s no story there. No story worth continuing. Anyways. Whatever.

If we’re simply entertaining ideas here, the one character from the Prequels that I would like to see summoned in one form or another, to one degree or another, would be the one character from the entire saga who, perhaps, got the biggest shaft; the one vitally main character to the whole Skywalker mythos that was never really given any kind of peaceful resolution. Unlike Anakin and Luke and Leia and Han and Obi-Wan and Yoda and Qui-Gon and Lando; or even Jar Jar or Chewie or Mace or Jango/Bobba or Darth Maul or Dooku or Palpatine or Shmi...

...the one character who never really got the chance to come full circle: Padme

All of the good guy characters experienced some version of a happy ending. It can be reasoned well enough that all of the fallen Jedi throughout the saga found peace via the unified Force by the end of Episode VI when said Force was brought back into balance, with Ben, Anakin and Yoda going so far as to join in on the end celebration in spirit form. All of the other good characters who survived through either trilogy found their own peace as well. Even Bail Organa and his wife got to have a family before they were eventually destroyed. Even Jar Jar got to see the fall of the Empire (assuming that was him yelling, "Weesa free!" in the Special Edition). But Padme more or less gets screwed, does she not? I mean, she dies when things are at their worst, never getting to be with her children or to see them grown, and never knowing whether or not Anakin was ever redeemed. Hers was a rather gloomy end.

Even if her appearance in any future films amounts to nothing more than a picture or hologram -- depicted as her usual somber self -- that would at least pay a kind of tribute to her as the one lost character of sorts, a kind of brief memorial spanning the ages of this storied universe.

*cue John Williams' harp rendition of 'Across the Stars' theme*

[​IMG]

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I doubt that would prove too effective unless the Young Jedi is related because he would just be some random dude.

14. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the PT 'tho I do, it wasn't really rich in supporting characters relevant to the OT. Apart from Temura Morrison or Daniel Logan appearing as clones of clones that survived TCW, I don't see a rich vein to be mined here.

The best bet is here:

[​IMG]

And here:
    [​IMG]

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Off the top of my head, I would rather they didn't.

If they are able to fit it into the story well, then the best to bring back would be Anakin, Padme, Mace, and Obi-Wan (mostly because I like the actors, and would ruin the story least; bringing the big cheeses back like Palpatine or Yoda would be too much; we need new big cheeses).

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Qui-Gon and Anakin's ghosts.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If the character did not make any appearance in the Original Trilogy, then don't have them running around in the Sequel Trilogy. But bring back Sebulba.

18. Darthgenius77

Darthgenius77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    I would like to see what happens to Ahsoka. We know she isn't around for the turn of Anakin, but is it that she is Jedi Knight and is just out and about, or is she dead. If she was Jedi Knight she could have survived Order 66 and went into hiding.

19. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    She would have still been a Padawan by the time ROTS takes place. If she survived until that point, that is.

20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    The more the merrier. However, they'd have to be minor, if only background characters. The OT would have already passed without these characters' appearances, so it would demand an explanantion.

This is why Jedi from the PT shouldn't appear. I love 'em, but it wouldn't make sense that they weren't part of the picture after Order 66 and the events of the OT. Even the discarded Ki-Adi Mundi/Plo Koon survival subplot would be hard to enact.

On the other hand, the Phantom Menace had a lot of colorful background characters, like Wald, Kitster, and all the podracers. Watto and Jar-Jar were also pretty important, but we'll see if the reception allows for them to appear (I honestly want to see a matured and dignified Jar-Jar after years in the Senate).

Finally, if they have Force Ghosts, Qui-Gon is a must at this point.

21. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    How about a much older Ahsoka Tano who went into hiding and is bitter that her former Master, Anakin, turned into what he did. That he lied to her about his relationship with Padme. Now, Anakin’s padawan can help Anakin’s son. Would be a good chance for Ashley Eckstein to be made up and appear on screen as the character she voices.

She's already dressed up as her.

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/06/jedi-trappings-complete-the-fan/

[​IMG]

22. Darth_Leeda

Nov 8, 2002
    Could you change the title of this thread to include OT characters as well (i.e. Lando, Han, and Anakin, etc..)?

23. hyperionprime

hyperionprime Jedi Knight

Apr 3, 2011
  24. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Perhaps an ancient Watto meets Luke, yet that encounter is not necessarily on Tattooine...

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  25. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I really like this idea. My idea of Ahsoka surviving Order 66 is that she starts to rebel against the Republic realizing the war is made up. Maybe she is forced to go on a mission that is ethically wrong. Then she falls in love with that one guy and decides to leave the Jedi Order confiding in Anakin because she finds out Anakin is with Padme. Anakin in a act of selflessness helps Ahsoka to defect/leave the Order by faking her death. This would explain why she isn't brought up in ROTS. Also I'd like to see Rex defect.

As with most PT characters they will have to be pretty old to realistically still exist in the ST. Assuming Ahsoka is 18 in ROTS, that means she will at a minimum always be 18 years older than Luke & Leia. If Luke & Leia are 50 in the ST, that means Ahsoka will be 68..

I'm also on board with Ashley playing Ahsoka, but she would need to sound more like a 68yo, instead of a chipper teen.