main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you want Tartakovsky for future SW cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Y'know, since you posted that, (it's great animation, by the way), I've watched a few videos of it from YouTube. What is the intended audience of that show? Some say TCW is dark for a kids' show, but this is something else. The Joker shot a teenager on a date at a carnival in cold-blood! I don't know, maybe it was the realistic animation, but I was really viscerally affected.

TaradosGon likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    He also slits a guys throat with a shattered coffee mug and gets a batarang lodged in his eye. So, I'd say it's for teens or adults.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Its actually a movie, The DC Animated Films generally have darker stuff than what is seen in the TV cartoons. I wouldn't say its really aimed at kids at all. Teens and adults, or DC fans. I myself love all the DC Animated Films and wish Marvel would get the ball rolling with some quality animation.

4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    No. I'll take Filoni, Paul Dini, or Bruce Timm thanks.

Yancy

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Yes please. I'm still waiting for the people to complain about overpowered Force users while they defend Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker making precision jumps from STAP to STAP over bottomless chasms. Or doing Mirror's edge jumps over Coruscant. Or defying the goddamn laws of physics by levitating down an exploding wall.

Yeah, claiming TCW superiority for not showing "OP forcepowers" is a hypocritical stance.
    I'd still take Paul Dini and Bruce Timm as writers, and leave the animation direction up to Genndy. But leave Failoni out of it.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    No, that's not how it worked. Shaak Ti had a number of scenes in ROTS that were cut for time. Her original death on Grievous's flagship was cut from the film because the Coruscant sequence was already running at nearly an hour's screentime before editing. So it was cut. Her second "death" would have been in the Jedi Temple, with Anakin walking up behind her while she meditated. Also cut for time.

Claiming that the film editing process was the fault of a TV series is ignorant at best and idiotic at worse. The Microserie's development time was nowhere near as long or as complicated as ROTS's. All of the filming had been done by the time season 2 of CW was airing, and they were heavily into post production and editing.

DC Animated Films series is generally a lot darker than the Animated Universe. Personal favorite of mine is Under the Red Hood. Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing and John DiMaggio as the Joker? Oh yes.

Mia Mesharad and Esg like this.
  8. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    How about all of the above? At the same time? With Tartakovsky? :D

Seriously though Paul Dini and Bruce Timm would be amazing.

Esg likes this.
  9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Dini wrote the Mandalore trilogy from season 2.

10. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    :eek: I had no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.