main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Do you want the FF Christmas banner?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Stinky_jawa, Dec 15, 2002.

?

Do you want the FF Christmas banner?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2002.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I think everyone noticed that you have voted SK

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Oh yeah thanks... its my way of bumping the thread back up the top.

3. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Is it really necessary though ?

4. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    What bumpin da thread back up da top?
    Most definately.

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Why ?

6. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Possibly cos we had something foisted on us when told we'd have a few days to decide. That and the fact the no vote was out in front pretty quickly, and then there was a couple of days between the time it was decided to switch back and that actually happening. SK was prolly just making sure that by the thread being up the top the result wasn't lost in the shuffle.

In a semi related question, how are the sticky posts done, and better yet how did NSW break one??

7. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I had a look but couldnt find anything, whats a sticky post?

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Sticky threads are done by me. ;)

And I have no idea how it was unstickied. ?[face_plain]

9. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Ooooo K... that still doesnt explain what a Sticky Post is, is there a example somewhere Shara?

10. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    A sticky post is where the thread stays at the top of the forum.. ie: it has no need to be bumped to the top cause it will always be there...

11. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I didn't know this forum allowed for sticky threads. There's another forum I'm a moderator on (www.clubdjzone.com) wich uses them and they're fantastic for announcements. Just create a sticky thread and in some cases lock it, so you've got an important post sitting conveniently at the top of the list.

12. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Ooooo that sounds good... can you sticky post a thread that already been created by someone else... that would be useful.

13. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    UBB boards usually modify the date of the first post with the year being 9999 so when the most recent post is at the top, it's the one with the latest year, ie 9999.
    Dunno how the snowboards ones work tho, only to say that the NSW folks seem to be proud of the fact that they killed one :)

14. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    We're having fun with sticky threads at the moment since when they were implimented, they weren't done properly, and we're getting interesting results at the moment.

As for this:
    Possibly cos we had something foisted on us when told we'd have a few days to decide. That and the fact the no vote was out in front pretty quickly, and then there was a couple of days between the time it was decided to switch back and that actually happening. SK was prolly just making sure that by the thread being up the top the result wasn't lost in the shuffle.
    I specifically stated in the CR forum that there was going to be a day gap between the implimentation of the banner in FF forums in relation to JC ones, unless told beforehand by the CRs. Some CRs, including Ki in NSW told me straight away that they didn't want it, and so they didn't get it. You guys might have had a few days to decide, and I would have left the WA one up if told to, but I wasn't, and never knew you guys were voting on it. It was a simple mis-communication between two Australians that led to this, not some big over-bearing US thing. This is only the second massive, board-wide holiday thing that we've done, and so we're still all learning the little things on how to do it properly.

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yep, entirely my fault.. Thats what i get for not visiting the CR forum as much as I probably should.. (theres so much bumpf in there I only go in roughly once a week to see if theres anything thats even remotely related to me/us/wa boards)

I only spotted that thread in the CR forum on the sunday deadline. So I wasnt suprised that it got changed.

Considering the sheer number of forums I can understand that its probably easier to change them all at a certain date, except for the few that choose not to.. So I can see the logic in not doing it the other way round..

But all in all, it was a banner change for a few days. Really we lost nothing, we have our colours & banners back.

I apologise for the slowness to bring this vote to ure attention, I will try to make sure this doesnt happen again.

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    And I've got to apologise for that above. I didn't intend to seem so peeved and annoyed about it. I was just trying to point out it was a simple problem of miscommunication between myself and stinky, which is neither of our faults, but seem to have gotten carried away. [face_blush]

Again, sorry if I sound like an ass above, and Merry Christmas to you all. :)

17. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    A good thwack for the pair of you!

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    If you like stinky i could help you out as i'm usually on here all day.Just a suggestion but maybe the load won't seem so much if it's split between 2 people.

19. StoneyMcStoner

StoneyMcStoner Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2002
    Is there such a thing as c0-city reps or an assistant CR?

20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    If there isn't, I suggest that there should be. Having an assistant to the CR would be good.

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes indeed.. am looking into it..

22. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    there is in some in the busy FF in the US, i'm not sure if they would allow for a small FF, have to see what shara says :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.