main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you want to have a meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anchorage, AK' started by JediMasterYoda98, Jun 18, 2002.

?

Do you want to have a meeting?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes!!!!

63.6%
  2. I wouldn't mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nah, to much of a hassle

27.3%
  5. Nope!!!!

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    hmm.. well.. I think it's safe to say that we are the only ones talking in here...

*listens for echo*

2. Kentucky_Cowboy

Kentucky_Cowboy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I wish the almighty bountyhunter2999 was here to guide us to fun and fantastic adventure.

*wink* *wink*

3. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    RUN AND HIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS BRADS BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :p

4. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  5. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. AKdestroyer_droid

AKdestroyer_droid Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    a meeting of some kind sounds really good

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Yeah, a meeting would be great. Too bad most of us aren't in Anchorage eh?

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    StarFett has been putting up fliers in different areas of anchorage, which is a great idea! Also word of mouth helps a lot. You should probably start a new thread where you have a poll asking what day is best for people to attend the meetings. If people go to school or work, a weekend day is usually best. You also need to decide on a central location for the meeting.

Again, the only thing you need to do to become official is to have 3 meetings which are attended by 3 unique individuals (meaning none of them can live in the same household). Prior to each meeting you need to PM me with all the meeting information date/time/location/directions/ as well as what you will be doing at the meeting/event. I will then post this on the main page at FanForce which will hopefully bring more people to your event. At the third meeting you elect a City Representative who must be at least 18 years of age and choose a name for your chapter.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    More helpfull information:

Start a mailing list. Yahoo Groups is good for that sort of thing.

Look at what other chapters have done as far as activities, and see which are the more successful activities. Use those ideas, or adapt them to your own area.

Look ahead in the calendar. There may be an upcoming movie, convention, concert, etc. that would require planning ahead.

Keep in mind that not all activities have to be SW-related. A canoe trip is just as good (if not better) an activity as simply watching a SW video, as far as getting to know people in your area.

Don't forget to ask your RSA for advice and to keep him/her updated on what is going on in your forum.

Advertise. Ask your RSA to post meeting notices on the FFN Main Page. Also, printing up a few flyers and leaving a stack in sollecting/comic book/movie rental stores can get people that wouldn't have known about the boards.

Have fun in your forum. This is a Golden Rule.

What are some of the "perks" about becoming official?

You can customize your forum's board colors and banner.

You can have a custom icon for your FanForce chapter uploaded.

You can provide links to your group's website on both the regional listing and at the top of each page (replaces the "TFN FanForce" link currently at the top)

Extended edit time for your forums. You can change it from the default 90-minute edit time to three hours, 24 hours, or even unlimited time.

Automatic pruning of the topics in your forum is disabled.

Is your FF club having a meeting? Would you like it on the FanForce webpage? This info should be submitted by the CR for the chapter to his/her RSA.

Please send the RSA the information that you would like posted. Be sure to include:

Name of group or at least city
    When: date AND time
    Where: street address, and directions if needed.
    Don't give out the street address for in-home gatherings -- just an email contact.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    This board also has fellow FanForce people sharing suggestions on how to make your group more active:

Fanforce activities

11. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    1 mo meeting, den we offical!! :)

12. Kaielo_Kiilkaen

Kaielo_Kiilkaen Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    Hello all. I hope you haven't all gotten bored, and gone away. I don't know what's going on around here really, but I am working with StarFett (who is strange, but no stranger than myself I suppose.) to help organize some fans around here.

She suggests that I take over for her when she leaves for basic training sometime early next year, but I too am in the military, and prone to short notice trips. Oh well I'll help if I can.

Right now we are meeting once a month at Spenard Bosco's. Our next meeting is the upcoming sunday. (the 24th of Nov) It starts at 4:00 pm.

I am also trying to organize a Star Wars RPG in the Anchorage Area, but due to a lack of interested persons, I have had some trouble getting it going. ANYONE WANT TO PLAY?

If you have any desire to say anything to me, you will get a much faster reply if you e-mail me directly, at Kaielo@aol.com

Louis

13. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Hmmm, 24th? Errr... where's Boscos? ^_^'

BTW, I'll do the Website and Graphics, once we become an Official Chapter (that includes the Banner, Icon, and Website Graphics). ^_^

14. Kaielo_Kiilkaen

Kaielo_Kiilkaen Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    Directions:

2606 Spenard Rd, Anchorage
    (Between Northern Lights and Fireweed. In a strip mall across from Momma O's and an Eastern Healing Center. There will be a big blue sign that says Boscos. If you get lost find a phone booth or bring a cell phone and call Boscos at 274-4112 or 274-7653. They should be able to give you directions.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.