main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Do you want to hear Matt Smith's opinion?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MJ_Keehan_Sundve, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Ok, so I boycott MTV, and I have definitely never watched Real World. But my friend, Matt Smith, was on Real World: New Orleans. He lives here in the valley, southwest Mesa to be exact... Anyway, just in case you want to hear what he thought of AOTC, here's his journal entry...

05-14-02 "Star Wars Episode 2"
    Tuesday:

So we went to see Star Wars Episode 2 at midnight. I've never really liked Star Wars, but there were dozens of my friends going, so why not?

Fr. Jim, Jason, and I rode over to the theater together after Mass. Fr. Jim just got a new sound system in his car, and the bass tube was rumbling through the seats.

There were people waiting in line since dawn to get a good seat for the viewing. I read in the paper a couple months ago that a guy was camping out waiting for an Episode 2 ticket since January first. I don't' know...I felt a little dorky getting there an hour early.

There were a lot of people that wore Star Wars costumes. I couldn't do it, but it made my night more entertaining to see the Anakin Skywalker waiting in line for popcorn.

The theaters were so rowdy and happy. I signed a couple yearbooks for some Real World fans. When I was in middle school swapping yearbooks with pretty girls hoping they would write something flirty...I never thought that in ten years I would have high schoolers from other parts of the country ask me to sign there yearbook. This is a funny perk in my life.

Like I said, I don't really like Star Wars movies, but this one was cool. There wasn't that geek talk between ugly aliens and all that mess...but an exciting journey around the universe. I guess you'll just have to see it to know.

When all twenty theaters let out and the mob poured into the parking lot. There were three teenagers dressed in full Star Wars garb, doing choreographed fighting scenes with light sabers. This was the moment they had been waiting for. They were so serious and hardcore swinging around those sticks. Hundreds of people passed by wondering, "I can't believe they are doing this."

Fr. Jim cranked up the car, turned to me and said, "That was the dorkiest thing I have ever seen."

(BTW?you would think Microsoft Word would have "dorky" and "dorkiest" in their dictionary.)

Even though he's not a huge SW fan, I still love the guy to death.

And for any of you who care, I have one of his journal entries on my bio, and he's got a ton more of these journals on his site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.