main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want to revisit old planets??

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Tatooine, Bespin and CORELLIA! It's long-since due that we got some more focus on Han. For some reason, I picture Corellia as being something of a Blade Runner-esque overbuilt metropolis with a seedy underbelly. A bit of grime and decay would do modern pristine SW a galaxy of visual good.

Less pretty, pristine, perfect Naboo-esque planets and more planets that you can imagine people wanting to leave behind in order to see the galaxy (see Luke having his Dorothy Gale moment on Tatooine). I can't possibly imagine Han being from a peaceful paradise planet.

Cloud City on Bespin is my favorite SW planet, actually. Well, for obvious reasons. My favorite scenes all take place there. It's stunning, though.

Tatooine is just too iconic to leave alone. The Binary Sunset is one of the most iconic shots in film history.

I'd prefer all planets to be real locations or real, non-green screen sets, though. Please, oh, please make this trilogy look more like the OT.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Coruscant is my favorite planet. There's so much going. Part of great writing is giving the reader (watcher in this case) just enough to let them fill in the blanks with their own imagination. Coruscant is teeming with untold possibilities for more villainy.

I see what you're saying and I agree wholeheartedly. MORE of the well-worn universe, grime and decay.

However, to be fair, the prequels were sort of like a fairy tale in that they started when everything was peaceful and nice in the Republic just before it fell into evil disorder. Thematically it was totally justified.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I would definately avoid Tatooine and Naboo, at least for the first film, since they were just completely overused in the previous films. And I see no reason to go to Hoth or Endor or Kamino, unless it's for a very specific reason, like to make contact with the Kaminoans or the Ewoks, which I think would be a very bad idea. Coruscant is about the only planet from the films that I think is really necessary, although I wouldn't be opposed to finding out about that cave on Dagobah...

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the concept of Cloud City. If I could live there I would

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't want to see Ewoks or Gungans so, yeah, agreed there.

However, I read some "rumors" last week that Disney bought the Lars Moisture Farm set which was re-furbished in Tunisia. Again, just rumors.

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Considering that this will be a continuation from ROTJ, I imagine we'll revisit a few.

7. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007

Mustafah was Simba's father.

8. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I think we'll see Tatooine...I mean come on. It's Tatooine. Having a Star Wars trilogy without Tatooine is like having a car with no wheels...and you have to go to Tatooine to find one of those. :p

Coruscant is another that will likely be in the film. Everything else is up for grabs.

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Kamino is the best planet in the SW universe.

10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like Naboo! Id love to see that planet again as well.

11. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm all Naboo'd out, but going back to Kamino in the 2nd or 3rd film would be a nice way to connect to the Prequels.

12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want to see Luke renovating Yoda's mud house. Heck, maybe even gentrify the planet itself, open a restaurant.

Second look at a Ron Howard directed Dexter Jettster movie?

13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Tatooine, Hoth and Endor's moon were all Earth locations and completely different. I don't want to see 16 foot purple and green flowers with white polka dots.

Danzo likes this.
  14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Gotta go back to the old dust bowl if there's Skywalkers involved. Maybe a trip back to Dagobah to explore that cave we've always wanted to know more about?

15. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Only planet I'm really interested in seeing again is Coruscant. Beyond that there's so many other planets that we could be visiting such Corellia/Mon Cal ect that I'd be pretty disappointed to just go back to the old ones.

16. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Ones I'd like to see: Ord Mantell, Kessel, Korriban, Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, you want every planet in the galaxy to look like Earth...

18. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    I would like to see a ruined Kamino. I imagine that once Palpatine took control he order his forces to destroy Kamino so no one else could create a clone army. By the time we get to VII the planet is now a desert and the once magnificent Tipoca City is now in ruins rusted and collapsing but buried in the ruins could be a holographic transmission that would shed some new light on the mysterious "Sifa-dyas" and the creation of the clone army.

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    If the ST is really about rebuilding the Republic, as some of the early interviews with Lucas (and logic) suggest, then it's pretty much inevitable that we see Coruscant in one way or another.

20. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    If we went by the real universe, we'd have gas planets and ice planets and rock planets. Earth has a great diversity of terrains, so yes, I'd like the ST planets to be earth-like. Why do you consider that a bad thing??

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What a small, small, boring universe you imagine...

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Coruacant and tatoonie are the planets that we might likley see. Personal if they add some EU elements in the films of the post return of the jedi stuff. I would love to see Yuzahan vong planets.!!!!!!!

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The only planet I would like to revisit is Yavin IV.

Seriously, **** Coruscant

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sigh. Except for Coruscant, every other planet from the movies should not be revisited. I mean, why? Let's not make the galaxy smaller than it already is.

Timothy Zahn had done it right with the Thrawn Trilogy. Besides having to bring us to Tatooine and Dagobah (good reasons, by the way) he avoided all the others. Arndt should do the same.

25. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe revisit several worlds only briefly seen such as Felucia and some we've heard of but never seen such as Korribn

thesevegetables likes this.