main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

do you want to see an indiana jones type episode

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth4l, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth4l

Darth4l Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2008

yes and a whole quadrilogy of them

2. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Dude, CALM DOWN; for the last time, there are NOT going to be any Indiana Jones-type episodes in this show. This is a serious show, about events that supposedly occur during the Clone Wars, and I speak for my fellow fans when I say that we do not want this show to be ruined by a crappy Indiana Jones spoof, or any kind of spoof, for that matter. Three or four times you have tried to promote this Indiana Jones quadrilogy or yours, in great detail too, and I can't help but begin to wonder if you either have serious issues, or have no clue as to what this show is about. Mutant clones? Indiana Jones? You have got to be kidding me.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    First of all- Warlord, please calm down. There's certainly room for something in the vein of Indiana Jones in TCW- both SW and IJ have origins in serials, afterall. It doesn't have to be a spoof- but it would probably be mutant-free ;)

4. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008
    My apologies, Quest. ;)

5. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    This thread made me laugh. And I really needed a laugh today. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing an Indiana Jones type episode... all depends how it is executed and the tone. I could see Obi-wan on a mission. And I'm just waiting to see an artifact or relic turn up like the Kaiburr crystal that, of course, the Sith/Seppys want their hands on and the Jedi have to get to first. Could be fun.

As far as "this is a serious show" did you not see the Jar Jar episode?

6. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008
    By 'serious,' I am referring to events that happen within the Star Wars universe as we know it. I don't see how Obi-Wan Kenobi running around with a fedora and whip could be viewed as 'serious.'

7. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I don't think (hope?) he literally means insert Indiana Jones into TCW. I think he means an Indiana Jones type episode. You know, artifact chasing. A little mystery.

Checkout the SW comic Yavin Vassilika that came out a few years ago and you can get an idea how it could work.

8. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Indiana Jones style, yes
    Indiana Jones, NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you want your Indy/SW fix, there was a short comic story in SW Tales where the Falcon crashed on Earth long ago, and Indiana Jones came across Solo's skeleton, with a certain Wookiee watching on from the shadows.

It was Infinities, naturally, but a nice bit of fun. Wouldn't want to see that in TCW, though. Keep Infinities infinities. :)

But Obi-Wan or Mace having to explore an ancient temple full of booby traps in search of a relic of some kind has plenty of SW potential. Maybe have Obi-Wan and Dex team up.

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Maybe they can add the extradimensional aliens from the fourth one. [face_laugh]
    Still. Star Wars is a large galaxy with plenty of important artifacts, some ornamental and a few mystical. Although having MONEY be the motivating factor seems a little crass, I agree that using lightsaber crystals or other important Force items (Korriban, anyone?) might have promise as a story arc with adventure.

Now if we could imagine Obi-Wan with Sean Connery's voice and get Harrison Ford to voice Anakin for those episodes. XD

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Who needs Connery when you have General Loathesome? ;)

12. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008

EDIT- You can PM me or another mod in the future with such info, but don't repost fanfic-type material here just to prove a point.

13. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Hey, who wants to see a Willow type episode? With a Ugnot as the star, and the baby is the baby of the junkdealer that stole R2 & Ashoka??? :) Ashoka sends it down the waterfalls on Naboo because she doesn't want anyone to find out about what happened on that junkdealer ship... you know how these teens are always getting into trouble like that these days! [face_laugh]

(jk, once that thought I poped in my head I had to add it lol, I mean no dissrespect to the topic or anyone [face_peace] )

14. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I want to see an Indian Jones-style episode starring Jerec.

15. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I'd rather see an animated Indiana Jones in and of itself if I had my druthers, but I wouldn't mind an episode of action-packed adventure as some hero or another sets out to acquire rare Jedi or Sith antiquities in the Clone Wars.

16. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008
    My apologies again, Quest. [face_blush]

17. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I would like to see the Jedi investigating the Sith background a little... it's never been defined in the movies or TCW what a Sith is.

18. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I don't even think Darth4l is even a Star Wars fan...

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Now that would make a good scene...

Ahsoka: What in the spast's a Sith?
    Anakin: Well, I could be wrong, but I believe a Sith is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...
    Obi-Wan: Anakin, I would be surprised if the Jedi Council were concerned about the return of an old, old wooden ship, but nice try.

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/anakinman.jpg]

20. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    I think I'm going to have nightmares from this.

21. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Indiana Joness episode = DO NOT WANT

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Only if "Indiana Jones type episode" means one where the bad guy melts at the end.

That would be fine.[face_skull]

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And only if it can be better than "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". [face_laugh]

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    As you mention there were Jedi Archeologists, as I recently learned. Joctsa Nu spent most of her career in that line of work, along with Jerec. Why not a Jedi searching a Sith Temple in an Indiana Jones type story? Could work as a one shot.

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004

Only if they play the theme during an epic chase or escape scene or something. Also, it can't be like Anakin or any main characters, it'd have to be a new unknown bounty hunter or smuggler kind of person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.