main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do you want to see Vader in spinoff movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TheOneX_Eleazar, Apr 15, 2016.

?

Are you ok with Darth Vader appearing in spinoff movies?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Leaning towards Yes

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Unsure

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Leaning towards No

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. No

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not sure what this means.

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Some people didn't like that Yoda did anything other than walk around and spew wisdom. Remember kids - if you're going to use a character, it must match everyone's preconceived notions or desires for that character, or it's bad.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    The main Reason I'm going to see R1 is Vader, & possibly Palpatine.

4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

Sorry, i should have been more clear. What I meant is I want to see the Vader we saw in the OT. Imposing, but lumbering, and not overly athletic. I don't want to see a Vader that is flipping all over the place, bouncing off the walls like we saw from Yoda in the prequels.

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  5. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Agree with that. I think he shouldn't force choke too many people. But actually physically pick em up by the neck and launch them across rooms. He should also be a bit wilder too perhaps. Not like, losing his maind, but if someone really grinds his gears, get out of breath from beating them. Its still a younger, probably very bitter Vader that we see.

6. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

It should be the same Vader we see in ANH

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    In Rogue One, he should absolutely be the same Vader we see in ANH.

However, if he were to show up in a future movie that takes place closer to ROTS, he should be different - "younger" - in his behavior. Personally, I'd love to see that - a different stage in Vader's life.

DARTH_BELO and PaulWrightyThen like this.
  8. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    Yeah, throwing rebels around corridors :) Or Imperials. I don't discriminate.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    I wrote a short a while back where Vader was hunting Jedi and tracked one down to a mining colony. It played out a bit like the bar scene in 'Inglorious Basterds'. (is that allowed?) He only appears in the last few minutes and wipes the floor with this Jedi but there's very little spinning and flipping. He man handles this poor sap all over the place. In the end he was just desperate for info on where the Jedi had hidden his child. Jedi wouldn't spill, so Vader ends his suffering much to the shock of the Storm Troopers looking on. They become believers in the cult of Vader.

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree that Vader in R1 should be the same temperament and ability as ANH.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Vader in a spinoff taking place not long after ROTS, where he's still full of anger, younger, a little wilder and inexperienced (as a Sith), and perhaps even getting used to his new suit/parts/lightsaber dueling style.

Still though I don't want to see too much of Darth Vader. Anything we get between ROTS and ROTJ I'd love to see him, but I would rather after R1, Han Solo and Boba Fett (if that DOES end up being the next spinoff after Solo) that they explore other eras. Other characters. Two words:

OLD REPUBLIC

TCF-1138 likes this.
  11. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Well -- considering recent "developments" I'd say Vader belongs anywhere he can fit naturally.

A completely dedicated Spin-Off film? Not sure I see it happening --- seems like it would be bounced around a long time coming up with a specific story that merited a complete film.

But the "developments" I am referencing really make this answer an obvious yes.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  13. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016

Totally called it. :)

14. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    I will give you a reason why I can see a stand alone Vader film:

[​IMG]

15. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

Sure -- of course. But what story line could there be that would do justice to the character? It's a thin line to walk to get it done just right. And could [and likely will] disappoint a of folks.

16. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I think at this point I'm fine with Vader appearing in standalones that would make sense for him to appear in (him in Rogue One was perfect, IMO). I certainly don't want them to get dollar signs in their eyes and make a Vader-centric standalone. We already have six Vader films.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003

Hunting down and killing Jedi while trying to get info on Obi-Wan & Yoda.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I voted "unsure". I don't lean strongly either way; though if you were to tell me that there'd be a live action Ahsoka movie, then of course I'd be eager to see her show up against Vader one last time.

19. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Not yet. I'd love for Vader to appear in Han Solo and third anthology film though.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If it works.
    I can't see him being part of a Solo movie. In a Kenobi movie? Well, if that's where the story goes.
    But I don't need him.

21. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Honestly, I'd be more than happy for a Vader/Aphra movie. Loved her character, and you could center the movie around her while still having plenty of Vader.

22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seriously......

23. hmcblake

hmcblake Jedi Padawan

Feb 9, 2017
    So I came up with this idea of Disney making another Star Wars Saga trilogy inbetween Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It would take place just a few years after Revenge of the Sith. We could see Obi-Wan deciding to leave Tatooine, trying to take on the Empire, maybe even by gathering a handful of Jedi who survived Order 66. Obi-Wan makes this decision because he learns that Darth Vader has decided to start an Imperial Civil War against the Emperor. It is clear in Episode 3 that as soon as Anakin falls to the Dark Side, he plans to overthrow the Emperor. This plan should be reinforced by Vader’s realization that the Emperor lured him into a trap. I think it would be awesome to see an all-out galactic war in which Stormtroopers fight Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers battle against other Star Destroyers. When Obi-Wan somehow learns of Vader’s plan, he concludes that now is the time to strike since an Empire fighting itself is weaker than ever. So in the first movie we follow Obi-Wan gathering other Jedi who are willing to join the fight, as well as Darth Vader planning his betrayal, while he struggles with his inner conflicts and slowly becomes more evil (maybe we can see events that lead Vader to believing it is always best to be as intimidating and unforgiving as possible, explaining his behavior in the OT). At the end of the first movie, the first battle between Vader’s and the Emperor’s armies takes place. In the second movie we’re seeing an all-out galactic war while Obi-Wan and his Jedi attack the Empire. Obi-Wan encounters Vader and still sees good in him. He tries to win him back to the Light Side (‘Obi-Wan once thought as you do’). In the third movie, the Emperor crushes Vader’s armies and heavily injures him. Maybe they can even make it work that Vader does not need his mask all the time in the first two movies, but due to heavy inflictions caused by the Emperor he can never remove his mask in a normal environment anymore. The Emperor shows Vader who the true ruler of the Galaxy is and kills all Vader’s (new) friends. He still realizes Vader is extremely powerful and the strongest person with the Force to ever have lived, so Vader would still be an extremely useful asset who can do all the Emperor’s dirty work (which is basically Vader’s role in the OT). Therefore, he does not kill him, but instead demands Vader’s ultimate loyalty and submission, explaining why Vader has so much respect for the Emperor in the OT. At this point, Vader has completely embraced the Dark Side and 'killed' Anakin Skywalker. Immediately afterwards, the Emperor demands Vader to go after the Jedi. Vader ‘helps the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights’. Only Obi-Wan survives after an intense fight. During this fight (and in the previous movies) Obi-Wan starts calling Darth Vader just ‘Darth’ and tells him he still has much to learn (for continuity with A New Hope). Once Obi-Wan escapes, all his Jedi have been killed and the Emperor has won the Civil War, so he concludes that he has failed and goes back into exile on Tatooine, waiting another 15 years until a new hope emerges.

It is just an idea, what do you guys think? Could this work? I think it would be great if they did something like this after the Sequel Trilogy.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

25. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I don't want Vader in an Obi Wan film. It would ruin the dramatic effect of their encounter in ANH in my opinion. I think Vader would be awesome to see in a Boba Fett film though, either as an antagonist or employer.

I don't think Vader needs his own spinoff, at least for a while. Or if he did have one, I don't want it to dwell too much on his past as Anakin.