main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do you want to see Vader in spinoff movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TheOneX_Eleazar, Apr 15, 2016.

?

Are you ok with Darth Vader appearing in spinoff movies?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Leaning towards Yes

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Unsure

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Leaning towards No

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. No

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Although that sounds intriguing, hmcblake, there are a few things in there that I believe would cause some issues. First, if Vader met up again with Obi-Wan, his phrase "The circle is now complete-when I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master" wouldn't make sense. Also, I think the idea that he didn't have to wear his helmet all the time sounds interesting, but then that would mean that people would recognize him formerly as Anakin Skywalker. However, IIRC in various EU sources that are now canon, people don't really know what happened to Anakin, and wonder who Vader is so that wouldn't really work I suppose. Also, the way ANH addresses Obi-Wan's re-emergence was as if he was on Tattooine during that time, rather than fighting in an all out conflict with rebels and especially other Jedi. If that were the case, Leia would have surely mentioned that in her message to him, rather than simply the clone wars.

Again, it's an intriguing idea-but IMO it would only have worked if there hadn't already been so many EU things in place so close to that timeframe that conflict with it.