main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story (Doctor Who) Coming to Call. Fic for DarthIshtar. Posted on 2/27/2011

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, this is gonna be complicated... a little wibbly, a little wobbly. A little timey and a little wimey. ;)

First, go and watch the Who episode Remembrance of the Daleks. Then watch the episodes The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances. After cheering, laughing and bawling, then read DarthIshtar's fic Unhappy Returns. Make sure to leave a good review for her, too!

So, yes. This is a sequel to Ish's fic and The Empty Child/Doctor Dances, which itself is a sequel to Remembrance of the Daleks. Confused yet? 8-}[face_laugh] I own none of this, sadly. Also, I did quite a bit of research on Cambridge. I think I got it right. If not, I humbly apologize.

Here we go!

The Eleventh Doctor stood in front of the TARDIS' control console, fingers jabbing away at the flipper-like controls. Lights flashed and he banged on the side, snarling. ?Tilt? How did you tilt? You're bolted to the floor! What is it, Rory?? he suddenly said, not even glancing over his shoulder as Rory walked up to him.

Rory hesitated before finally speaking. ?Are you all right? You seem-seem a bit withdrawn since we stopped of at the sanitarium. The girl and you, talking.?

The Doctor rolled his eyes. ?Yes, we talked. We always talk when we see each other. I always talk with people and it's always pleasant.? He slammed the palm of his hand against the top of the console. ?I want my quarter back!?

There was a brief moment of silence before Rory spoke again. ?Where are we going? You've been at that console for hours, banging away and we haven't arrived at anywhere or when yet.? He scratched his head. ?I know about personal timelines and such, but you can't have been everywhere yet... right??

The Doctor's right eyebrow arched. ?Rory, I'm simply playing pinball. I'm allowed to have fun every now and ag-what!? He threw his hands up into the air and rocked back on his heels before digging into his pockets. ?Got some change, Rory??

Rory glanced at the Doctor over his nose before groaning and pulling his wallet out of his pocket. He opened it up. ?I have Roman coins, something from the 785th century and a quarter from the United States, circa 1955.? His head shot back slightly. ?Wait, how'd I get the quarter?? He pulled out the quarter and handed it over to the Doctor.

While the Doctor continued playing pinball, Rory wandered over to Amy as she leaned against one of the outer rails. ?He's been like this for hours,? he mumbled.

Amy tilted her head at him and rolled her eyes. ?Yeah. I've been watching the same thing you have!? She waved her hand in the direction of the Doctor. ?Of course, not that either of us can blame him after visiting that old lady-?

?Young girl.?

Both Amy and Rory turned as the Doctor looked up from his playing. ?Well, it's a small control room,? he said before looking back down and scowling. ?What? How did you slip past my flippers? Those are good flippers! I flip with the best of them!?

Rory took Amy by the hand up a ramp and out a hatch to a corridor. ?I think he just needs something happy, something... not as depressing as an old woman he failed to save.? He snapped his fingers. ?Maybe someone he did save??

Amy's mouth twitched. ?You know, sometimes I wonder why I married you.? Before Rory could speak, she moved in and kissed him lightly on the mouth. ?This is not one of those times.? She twirled around. ?Okay, off to the library. I could do with a good swim, anyway.?
    Earth, 1962
    It was a brisk October day in Cambridge, England. The Doctor, Amy and Rory stood outside the Senate House on King's Parade in the prestigious and ancient Cambridge University. The Doctor shoved his hands into his tweed jacket's pockets and looked up at the edifice. ?I think I was here when they built this,? he remarked as guests

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bless Rory :D :)

That was a very nice thing he did there.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I liked that bridge of things. Now, how did the Ponds find out about Jamie?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.