main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] Diary of Rose Tyler

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Raphire, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Title: Diary of Rose Tyler
    Author: Raphire
    Summery: Rose looks back over her time with the Doctor in hope of finding a way back.
    Time Period: Right after the events of Doomsday.
    Additional Notes: I don't own Doctor Who. Also this is a part of the Diary Challenge. And This Diary will cover all of season 1 and 2

When I look back, it?s hard to think of a time when the Doctor wasn?t a part of my life. I mean I can remember the first time we met as clear as anything but? I don?t know. When I think about it I don?t really consider my life before him to be living at all. That?s what the Doctor did for me. He showed me how to live my life. I wouldn?t trade that for the world. Even now as I stand on a beach, my heart shattered, unable to do anything as the most important part of my life withered into a memory.

I suppose that is why I am writing this. As my little way of keeping him alive, my way of coping with a miserable existence. My way of making sure I never forget him. But the most important reason for my writing this is to retrace my steps, in hopes that I might find a way back to him. Just find some loophole in the universe, some bit of technology that might break the barriers between him and I.

So I suppose I will go all of the way back. Back to the day we met, when I was just a shop girl living for a paycheck and he? Well he was my savior.

The first thing I noticed about him, and he would hate me for saying it, but it was his ears. Those huge sail like things hanging from his head. He was so sensitive about them too. I remember one time when we went to London, actually when we met Jack? But I will get to him later. Anyway the Doctor was so distraught, apparently one of the ladies we had met said something to him about them. I think the Doctor was showing off, something about his nose having special powers. And the girl asked him if that was why it was so? Then she asked if his ears had special powers too.

I found it hilarious but the Doctor? My Doctor, he took it so hard, I spent hours trying to cheer him up. I find myself laughing about that even now his ears were definitely something special. But really what drew me in was his smile. That infectious, crazed grin he would give in the most serious of instances. It was so out of place and yet so the Doctor. I loved that smile and even when he changed that smile, different mouth and everything, still kept the same. Still held the same meaning to me.

So much happened that day. I found out what kind of person I was, what kind of man my boyfriend was and so much more. It was on that day that I found out how much better life could be. I got a taste of that life and I gone. There was no way I could ever have gone back from that. Not by choice that is. And that was the day I met his TARDIS. That wonderful blue box that changed my life in so many ways.

Of course I also deactivated a plastic army and killed its Nestene Consciousness that day as well but that was small in comparison to all that I had gained in that one single day. It?s amazing to think that a man even if he is an alien could change your life so much in one twenty-four hour period. And at the end of that day he gave me a choice. I could stay here on earth and live out my life, which may very well have been longer than the one I will have now, or I could come with him. I could travel with him, in time and space. I stepped in that blue box and that is a decision I will never regret. Even now.

Rose Tyler (Companion to the Doctor)

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was WONDERFUL, and I can't wait to see this throughout the year. [face_love]

First off, you have such a wonderful 'voice' for Rose here. Her melancholy and her missing came through perfectly here, as did her fondness in her memories and her hope.

This:

The first thing I noticed about him, and he would hate me for saying it, but it was his ears. Those huge sail like things hanging from his head. He was so sensitive about them too.

Too cute! (And me too, to be perfectly honest. :p)

This ride is going to be awesome. Count me in for it. =D=

~MJ @};-

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Very nice, Raphire. I agree with Mira. The voice you have given Rose here is at once sad in grieving the Doctor's loss, but joyful in remembering how he changed her life. There is a maturity here that also has much to do with her time in the TARDIS.

I loved the ears bit as Nine is still a favorite of mine, but this struck me the most:

But really what drew me in was his smile. That infectious, crazed grin he would give in the most serious of instances. It was so out of place and yet so the Doctor.

You hit the nail on the head. That grin was, indeed, a winner.

I look forward to more. Do you mind sening me a PM when you update?

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is a lovely start! I just started watching Dr. Who, and I'm looking forward to following the diary as well :) Like Rose, I enjoy the ninth Doctor's smile :D

5. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Forewarning I kind of can't stand the next episode which is why it took me so long to write this post. So please forgive me if it isn't up to par with the first post.

Thanks! I really enjoyed writing this and was hoping I could capture her voice right!

Lol well his ears are kind of hard to miss.

Thanks! Hopefully I can keep it going for the whole year. And yeah he is my favorite Doctor as well.

I think all of the Doctors have nice crazed smiles and that is part of their charm but I do think Eccleston's was the best followed by Tennants.

Will do!

Really? Well you are in for a ride!!!! And yeah his smile is pretty rad!

6. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    It took my breath away, the first time I saw the earth. I had never seen it before from a distance and it was absolutely stunning. Which naturally was when the Doctor told me that it was five billion years into my future and that the sun was going to burn it to ashes. Then the two of us stood there watching the sun slowly expand. He showed me so many new things that day, but most of all he showed me what it was to be human.

I watched Earth, my home, prepare for its death and it changed me. It was the first of so many things that changed in me as I travelled with the Doctor. Seeing this happen separated me from the people and places that I had once affiliated myself and made me view the earth as something other than home. That was the day that the Rose Tyler who worked in a shop and lived for her weekends with Mickey died. But this was before the real Rose Tyler was born.

I also had my first real alien interaction that day. I can still remember her. She died in the fight for our lives right after but I didn?t know that until later. She was blue? And not that different from me. She had dreams just like I, had a menial job which she slightly enjoyed, and she was? Nice. Actually if I had met her on earth I probably wouldn?t have given her another thought. She wasn?t anyone special. She would have been just another one of those forty something people I had talked to that day. I think that was one of the reasons I remember her. Because, for all her alieness, she might as well have been one of us.

That?s was also the day I met a human who made herself as far from humanity as she could buy, a face who was an entity, and saw the Doctor flirt with a tree? Yes the last one made me jealous but only in retrospect. I was too enamored by all that was around me at the time to be resentful. However if we?d met now I might have a different reaction.

Rose Tyler: Companion to the Doctor

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a wonderful character piece! =D= And perfectly up to par with the first post.

It was a great insight, that's for sure - such travels are bound to change you and your views, I especially liked her reflecting just how 'human' the 'alien' actually was. Too true.

Although, my favorite part was the first paragraph - watching the sun from space. Such evocative imagery. =D=

Well done, again. [:D]

~MJ @};-

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sweet! I especially liked her thoughts about the girl she met -- the alien -- who really wasn't so different from her.