Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Goodbye and Hello - Xmas Special)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Right, so I got bored and went looking for set photos (on the vain hope that maybe their shooting the 50th stuff and something leaked out.) There's no context for this and I doubt this is spoilery so I'm just going to throw this up without the spoiler tag for the LOLs:

[IMG]

Edit: Looking more closely at the background it looks like this might have been on the set of The Curse of the Black Spot.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Feb 21, 2013
  2. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Or a 'Doctor Who' / 'Last of the Summer Wine' crossover.
  3. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    That's from the Curse of the Black Spot shooting. ;)
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I did edit to say I thought it was. :p
  5. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm hoping for 3-4 specials. Not entirely sure that's realistic, but hey Moffat did say we were going to drown in Who or something, and we're only really getting 8 regular episodes this year, when we should usually get what, 14?
  6. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Right, considering there were only 6 episodes last year and then only 8 this year, I don't actually think it's unreasonable to hope or even expect a decent number of special episodes to make up for that.
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  7. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll settle for one really awesome 90 minute episode, a la Sherlock, but even moreso. You can do a lot in 90 minutes.
  8. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    You can do more with several sets if 90 minutes...
  9. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Trying to be realistic yet optimistic.:)
  10. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I don't think a 90 minute episode is realistic though. It sounds like they aren't planning on doing one special of any length. Considering they do a special every single Christmas, I think it's realistic to expect more from the 50th anniversary.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Personally I'd welcome a mini-series of 4-6 episodes (45 or 60 minutes long, doesn't really matter). I think it would be the ideal format for a longer/more complex story which, I believe, would be worthy of the 50th anniversary. But yeah, this is purely a speculation on my part (or a fantasy "what would I do if I were the DW showrunner" scenario).
    Ulicus, solojones and Random Comments like this.
  12. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    The question is whether any specials are one multi-part story or a number of seperate ones with maybe a couple that link like Tennant had.
  13. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I'd prefer a multi-part story rather than a collection of one-offs. Unless it's a collection of one-offs with a different Doctor in each one. :D
    Random Comments likes this.
  14. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Then how would they all meet? :( If there's going to be lots of former Doctors on screen, I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't a scene where they all got together and... bickered amongst... 'themself'. :p
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  15. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Well if we were going to have a multi-part story I'd want it to be a serial in the same format as the Classic episodes, 4-6 episodes long. And while it would be really cool to have all eleven Doctors I'm just hoping for 8-11. Why? Well, we've had the Two, Three, and Five Doctors already; it's about time we filled in that gap with The Four Doctors. If Eccleston won't do it then get McCoy, though I would love to have all of the revival Doctors be a part of it.
    Ulicus likes this.
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I too am hoping for 4-6 episodes. I don't necessarily think all the Doctors should be in all of them. That would be confusing and probably take up too much time in each episode. I think it would be nice to have a couple Doctors in each one and then all coming together at the end perhaps for a 90 minute finale.

But Ten should be in all of them :p Okay, Ten and Eleven.
  17. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I desperately want a proper serial. Desperately.
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Just out of curiosity (I only watched the first few NuWho seasons), why so few?
  19. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I assumed it was because the BBC liked to see me cry.
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I presume this go around (because they split S6 up a similar way in 2011), that they wanted to keep Amy and Rory's final eps seperate from Clara's first ones, and maybe give the fans some time to grieve Amy and Rory's departures before going full steam ahead with Clara.
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  22. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    That seems like such a specific scam target. Hardcore, Old Who fans. Weird.
    Last edited by darthcaedus1138, Feb 22, 2013
  23. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I started First Doctor episodes. When does the quality get a little bit better?
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Probably because, with so many episodes missing, some fans might jump at the chance to find these lost episodes.
  25. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I recently finished the first season. I have to say, I love it. I don't know quite what you mean about the quality. The production quality got to US TV standards in, uh... 2010? :p But it's ok because Ian Chesterton makes it all worth it.
    Last edited by solojones, Feb 23, 2013