main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If Moffat wrote it aimed at a woman, it would be "sew-sew"

2. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    One little post and then back to Dr Who,

I wasn't clear, I meant do we say "I'm so so" or just "so so" or do we even say "so so" when expressing how we feel.

Meh isn't French by the way, but comme ci comme ça presents the same problem as so so, you don't say "je suis comme ci comme ça"
    You can simply say "bof" which means pretty much the same thing.

All done for the French lesson. :)

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ω≈¬∆˚ :p

07jonesj likes this.
  4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Just finished Planet of the Spiders, my first Pertwee (and his last). I really like him, and the ending was pretty emotional.

If he didn't look like one of my aunts I'd like him better.

mackpol likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    She looks like this?

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't. Unsee.

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    "Planet of the Spiders" is a good send-off for the Third Doctor. And it's even better when you run into fans that complain about how the car chase in the McGann movie was so against the spirit of the show, and you can point out the Whomobile/Bessie/autogyro/speedboat/hovercraft sequence in this one.

And since there were earlier posts on how they could get past the thirteen life limit, maybe Cho-Je/K'Anpo and show up again and give the Doctor some more help.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  8. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Anyone else seen this yet?

It looks good but there are the weird moments where its been obviously edited with audio and stuff. Def. not what I envisioned the interaction between those two though.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    It's hamstrung by what they can play with, which isn't much, and a lot of it looks really wonky. A nice idea, but not exactly executed the best.

10. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Doctor Who Magazine has given us some SPOILER dialogue for what's to come in Time:

CLARA: “But you don’t die. You change – you pop right back with a new face.”
    THE DOCTOR: “Not forever. I can change 12 times. 13 versions of me. 13 silly Doctors.”
    CLARA: “But you’re number eleven, so -”
    THE DOCTOR: “Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy? I didn’t call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.”

11. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So even Doctor Who is kind of acknowledging that Matt actually isn't the 11th Doctor that he is in fact the 12th Doctor making Peter Capaldi by technicalty 13th Doctor.

12. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    He's the 13th.

Random Comments and Saintheart like this.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I don't know, that looked pretty seamless to me. I mean, it wasn't just two pieces of video cut around each other. He actually had Sherlock Holmes talking to the Doctor in the TARDIS. :eek:

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Very good editing skills I mean didn't you notice there were some moments when The Doctor was dressed in his tweed jacket and red bowtie? And alot of the dialogue was from episodes of Doctor Who like do i look like people from The Eleventh Hour. Or the this is the tardis and its mine thing he said in Bells of Saint John or also the whole come away with me was from the same episode. I haven't seen Sherlock in a while to be able to say what episodes his dialogue came from.

15. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007

[​IMG]

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Ah, to think that when he first appeared, people cried foul and wanted their beloved David back. And now with Matt's departure incoming, people don't want him to go. Classic.
    ------------------------
    It's too bad that among all the surviving actors who played the Doctor (RIP Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee), Christopher Eccleston's the only one who wasn't involved in one capacity or another.

Hurt is introduced in Name, Tom Baker, Tennant, Smith & Capaldi appeared in Day, Davison, Colin Baker and McCoy appeared in Five(ish), and McGann appears in Five(ish) and Night.

Eccleston's nowhere to be seen in person. I get that he had issues with the producers, but it's too bad he's the only one who didn't bite his pride and come back. Colin Baker had issues too and he came back just fine.

Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So did Smith completely forget that Capaldi joined in with the Gallifrey party? Because that kind of gives away that you don't die, mate.

VanishingReality likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This. So very very much this.

Well in the instance of Capaldi showing up, perhaps we're to assume that the same principle applies to Eleven that applied to Ten and War Doctor forgetting saving Gallifrey: Re: Since Matt's the younger Doctor in that instance, he quite simply does forget his future self shows up, thus leaving him ingnorant of his future.

Mar17swgirl and 07jonesj like this.
  20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    It's very possible that Capaldi coming in was unknown to everybody. Matt probably called upon all his lives up to that point. Heck for all we know, Matt's Doctor is under the illusion that on Trenzalore, he will die for real if he knows he's out of regens.

That crack that appeared in space during the gathering of the Doctors may be a hint towards that. But that could just be me talking out of my butt. I still don't know the full implications of that crack.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't know the details of Eccleston's beef with the producers (none of us do), but I don't think that's a fair comparison. Colin Baker's adversaries are long gone, as is, effectively, the show he participated in.

22. mackpol

Aug 30, 2002
    Especially as didn't Colin Baker basically get "fired" or at least let go disgracefully?

I was quite "impressed" by him all through the 50th proceedings, I even went back and watched a couple of his episodes just to make sure I hadn't been unfair with his doctor and see if time and age would change my opinion. Unfortunately it didn't, I just don't like his version of the doctor, he makes me want to hit him, that coupled with the fact that I don't like the opening titles, music and sound effects from that era either makes it very difficult for me to watch his run.

But "chapeau" to his attitude during this year's events.

23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm afraid I don't know of which crack you're referring to. Is there an Amy's wall-shaped crack during that sequence? If so, I haven't heard of that until now.

The Doctor very much believes Trenzalore is his permanent death, as he expressed in The Name of the Doctor.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Effectively, so was Eccleston's since the show changed showrunners during his absence. And if, if, we make the assumption that War Doctor was a substitute for Nine (because I'm still not convinced you hire an actor like John Hurt if your simply plugging his character in for another), it does appear that Moffat's writing would have given Eccleston shades of the darkish Doctor Eccleston was rumored to have wanted to play during S1.

25. mackpol

Aug 30, 2002
    I agree with the John Hurt part, and let's be honest, would you honestly replace an actor like Eccleston with an actor like John Hurt? Although very flattering towards Eccleston it's not very believable.

Juliet316 likes this.