main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Right, so I got bored and went looking for set photos (on the vain hope that maybe their shooting the 50th stuff and something leaked out.) There's no context for this and I doubt this is spoilery so I'm just going to throw this up without the spoiler tag for the LOLs:

[​IMG]

Edit: Looking more closely at the background it looks like this might have been on the set of The Curse of the Black Spot.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Or a 'Doctor Who' / 'Last of the Summer Wine' crossover.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    That's from the Curse of the Black Spot shooting. ;)

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I did edit to say I thought it was. :p

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm hoping for 3-4 specials. Not entirely sure that's realistic, but hey Moffat did say we were going to drown in Who or something, and we're only really getting 8 regular episodes this year, when we should usually get what, 14?

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Right, considering there were only 6 episodes last year and then only 8 this year, I don't actually think it's unreasonable to hope or even expect a decent number of special episodes to make up for that.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  7. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'll settle for one really awesome 90 minute episode, a la Sherlock, but even moreso. You can do a lot in 90 minutes.

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    You can do more with several sets if 90 minutes...

9. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Trying to be realistic yet optimistic.:)

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think a 90 minute episode is realistic though. It sounds like they aren't planning on doing one special of any length. Considering they do a special every single Christmas, I think it's realistic to expect more from the 50th anniversary.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Personally I'd welcome a mini-series of 4-6 episodes (45 or 60 minutes long, doesn't really matter). I think it would be the ideal format for a longer/more complex story which, I believe, would be worthy of the 50th anniversary. But yeah, this is purely a speculation on my part (or a fantasy "what would I do if I were the DW showrunner" scenario).

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The question is whether any specials are one multi-part story or a number of seperate ones with maybe a couple that link like Tennant had.

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd prefer a multi-part story rather than a collection of one-offs. Unless it's a collection of one-offs with a different Doctor in each one. :D

Random Comments likes this.
  14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Then how would they all meet? :( If there's going to be lots of former Doctors on screen, I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't a scene where they all got together and... bickered amongst... 'themself'. :p

NYCitygurl likes this.
  15. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Well if we were going to have a multi-part story I'd want it to be a serial in the same format as the Classic episodes, 4-6 episodes long. And while it would be really cool to have all eleven Doctors I'm just hoping for 8-11. Why? Well, we've had the Two, Three, and Five Doctors already; it's about time we filled in that gap with The Four Doctors. If Eccleston won't do it then get McCoy, though I would love to have all of the revival Doctors be a part of it.

Ulicus likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I too am hoping for 4-6 episodes. I don't necessarily think all the Doctors should be in all of them. That would be confusing and probably take up too much time in each episode. I think it would be nice to have a couple Doctors in each one and then all coming together at the end perhaps for a 90 minute finale.

But Ten should be in all of them :p Okay, Ten and Eleven.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I desperately want a proper serial. Desperately.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Just out of curiosity (I only watched the first few NuWho seasons), why so few?

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I assumed it was because the BBC liked to see me cry.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I presume this go around (because they split S6 up a similar way in 2011), that they wanted to keep Amy and Rory's final eps seperate from Clara's first ones, and maybe give the fans some time to grieve Amy and Rory's departures before going full steam ahead with Clara.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That seems like such a specific scam target. Hardcore, Old Who fans. Weird.

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I started First Doctor episodes. When does the quality get a little bit better?

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably because, with so many episodes missing, some fans might jump at the chance to find these lost episodes.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I recently finished the first season. I have to say, I love it. I don't know quite what you mean about the quality. The production quality got to US TV standards in, uh... 2010? :p But it's ok because Ian Chesterton makes it all worth it.