main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    There are several more pages of the comic.

I found a copy of the magazine in Barnes and Noble! Yay!

Has anyone linked the BBCA trailer and clip from Bells of St. John?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Random Comments scroll down. ;)

If you look closely, he has it, but it's undone.

BBCA's Trailer:

Clip from the first ep of 7.2: (bookended by brief looks at Matt on Jonathan Ross)

And speaking of that, here is the full apperance: (Good bet it contains spoilers, click at your own risk)

Among the things he said in that interview
    He's read the 50th anniversary script (which starts filming next month).

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  3. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    I didn't think it had been posted here before. And I have trouble posting videos to the forum. It usually doesn't work.
    They look great.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To be fair, I posted them right before I saw your comment.

Also YouTube's current 'share' button stinks.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    To clarify, I /was/ hoping you would post it, because I have great difficulty doing so, and the content of the BBCA trailer (and the clip, obviously) is different from the BBC trailer...

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    DOCTOR WHO COMIC RELIEF VID!:

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I looked more closely, and he doesn't have it - I think what you're referring to is his waistcoat.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, giving it another look, it's certainly possible
    but I could have sworn it was hanging around at least one shoulder.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Some (a small minority that I've encountered though) fans are making my head hurt. Their saying that if Matt's going off to film this movie with Ryan Gosling, then he should just vacate the role of the Doctor completely because "That's how it was done in Classic Who. The actor playing the Doctor wanted to do something else, then he left and never came back."

'scuse me while I go beat my head into a brick wall.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Well we know Matt is filming more Doctor Who after he finishes filming the Ryan Gosling movie. But I really think this could signify the beginning of the end for the 11th Doctor. I'm pretty sure Matt has taken into account the possibility of really hitting it big in Hollywood as of next year, something he's been aiming at for a little while now. So while I don't think Matt is definitely leaving this year I would certainly not expect him to be in the role after 2014.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I do agree we're probably heading toward the end of Eleven's story sooner rather than later, but I just got annoyed a touch more than I probably should have by this small section of fans. One of which told me flat out that because of Who's filming schedule if he wanted to pursue this or any other outside projects then he should have vacated the role of Eleven permanently before taking on outside roles because again "That's how it was done in Classic Who." (of course this fan also believes Matt and Moffat are lying about Matt returning to Who after filming the Gosling movie) Made my head hurt and caused me to want to rant.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Wasn't Tennant supposed to be "hitting it big in Hollywood" too? Hasn't worked out that well for him so far.
    Leaving a big show in an attempt to get movie fame is all well and good until you don't manage it. Then you have to watch someone else be a big star in your place while you just go back to doing average TV work :p

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I'd say working with a star who's getting hot in Hollywood at the right time like Ryan Gosling is a pretty good start for Matt. I'm just glad we'll at least have him on Who through 2014 at least.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't understand the logic of why he can't do other things while doing Who. Guess I'm just crazy.

darthcaedus1138 and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If you're crazy, then so am I.

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah I don't get it either. Every clip from The Bells of St. John I've seen have been good, I'm still a little wary about the villain.

ALSO: The Rings of Akhaten sounds like an 8th Doctor Audio Adventure. I'm psyched...hell for everything they've previewed. Looks like Who is back with a bang.

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    They're showing the new episode a day early at a convention next week, and I don't know if I can go yet because of my new job. [face_nail_biting]

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Did you mean to post that in the First World Problems thread?

19. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Why is the Doctor dressed like Fryar Tuck?

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Remember those monk guys in the first trailer with a painting of Clara and were talking about "The woman twice dead"? Quite probably related to them somehow.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably

In the "this is what I get for looking at my cable guide until it's almost too late" department: Jenna's going to be on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. The show's airing on the East Coast RIGHT NOW!:eek:

23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Can someone be honest and actually tell me how good this show is. Ive heard time and time again its good but I don't have the time to get into it. If I was id probably buy the dvd's off amazon but im behind on a lot of stuff I wanna watch already.

Basically its a toss up between this and Firefly for me to get into next.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It is really a good show (although we all admittedly have our own opinions here about which eps/seasons are great and which are, well not).

25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Watch both.