main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The former of which is sort of the position Clara is beginning to take, i.e., somebody who'll challenge him and call him out if something's not right with what he's planning.

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Exactly, yeah.

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    No idea if Juliet316 has posted this video before, but it's well put together;

Also something fun from Babelcolour;

TrandoJedi and Juliet316 like this.
  4. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    I had a quick thought on Missy, during the episode. It seems that she is rounding up those that have sacrificed themselves for the doctor, or those that the doctor has convinced to sacrifice themselves. They have already made a point in a previous story line about the people that sacrifice themselves for the doctor. Anyway just a stray thought and we are only 2 episodes in.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Juliet316 and halibut like this.
  5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I said that on Sunday ;)

6. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry didn't have time to go through all the posts. :)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Missy reminds me of 'eyepatch lady' for some reason. Maybe it's the similar skin/hair coloring., or her manner. That's who I thought of when I first saw her.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found Engines of War at the local Waterstones today. And they had it for £3 off regular price.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome. I went back to B&N on Tuesday. They still didn't have it.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They had a couple on the shelf at Waterstones.

11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    There are no Waterstones here. :(

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    This is gold. Some of the complaints made about Doctor Who

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe, Juliet316 and V-2 like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    To answer the question in the last complaint, errrr, yes. And a lot worse besides.

14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    The religious complaint barely made any sense, which I suppose stands to reason.

The "I'm a liberal but gays disgust me" argument is always a treat, too.

mackpol and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hooray for overreaction? People do realize that these ritualistic beheadings have happened before?

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Right, because I totally relate religious nutjobs to space robots. :rolleyes:

Not only is this fiction, it's science-fiction. Nothing happening in reality should really affect Doctor Who in any way.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The next one is British and possibly on Saturday. Yes, it's probably an overreaction but it doesn't happen to British citizens by terrorists that often.

19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    07jonesj
    Yeeeaaah except it's made in reality and everything that affects the makers affects it, and it's broadcast in reality so anything it does to affect us is also ...real.

The BBC typically cancel or delay broadcast of a film or show because of world events... Disaster films obviously get the brunt of it, but they do it for a lot of 'human interest' stuff too. I prefer them to err on the side of good taste rather than bad - and since the Savile/Newsnight case it's understandable that they need to be seen to occupy the moral high ground.

You don't want to be the channel that shows The Poseidon Adventure over the weekend of a cruise ship sinking, or Towering Inferno after 9/11, or have your flagship entertainment show feature beheading during the Isis crisis. We're lucky it's just a scene being trimmed.

I'm sure the scene will be put back in for future repeats and in the DVD release anyway. As it's Doctor Who, I doubt it was anything graphic.

Juliet316 and 07jonesj like this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    At least it's just a scene that got edited out and BBC didn't yank the entire episode (still remembers WB's reaction to Columbine as it pertained to Buffy)

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I tried to explain that to mavjade as we watched. I believe they removed "Earshot" and moved that plus "Graduation Day 1 + 2" to right before the fall season started?

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

No, they just removed Earshot and put a repeat in it's place. They did the prom ep and Graduation Day as scheduled and aired Earshot in August before the new season started.

*obsessed Buffy fan back in the day*

mackpol likes this.
  23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

Everybody get out of my way. I need to choke something.

07jonesj and Juliet316 like this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I like the way the top complaint makes it seem like homosexuality is something the hip teenagers are into, and isn't appropriate for people once they hit middle-age. It legitimately scares me a little that there are people that not only think that way, but believe themselves to be 100% in the right.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  25. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I think I found the solution to all of these problems that people bring up in media, whether it's aspects like a homosexual kiss, tugging on hair, or Hulk punching Thor in the Avengers.

[​IMG]

Nothing.

No, seriously, everyone do nothing. Because every single thing that's happening or that exists on the planet is offensive or a trigger to someone somewhere.