main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Thank goodness it wasn't Slitheen baked beans.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Juliet316 and cubman987 like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, mild language warning for the link. Forgot earlier.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's hysterical. I sent the link to a Who fan friend of mine..

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I have seen it before, but it that never ceases to amuse me greatly.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Disney XD have purchased the rights to New Who seasons 2-4. Begin showing them in May.

Edit: In the US, that is.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Will BBCA still be airing them as well *worried*

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't think so for those seasons.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You don't get XD?

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    BBCA will still have Series' 1, 5-8 right? Mainly wondering about Series 1. Don't skip 9!

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Disney XD? That's...interesting.

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I have Disney XD, but on the cable in one of the TVs in my house it comes in on two different channels, but it's not like how this TV also has the West Coast feed of Nickelodeon, as in, the same channel, just at a higher number.

14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm sad that the Underwater Menace had once again been delayed. Over 3 years and not a hint of when it's coming out!

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Several channels are like that.

16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK the Watch channel shows the old New Who series. I think they are currently on the Tennant Sontaran 2-parter.

18. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    And OF COURSE it has to be Tennant's series. People just can't get enough of the sappy love of The Doctor and Rose, can't they?

For the record I have nothing against people who do like it, but it's pretty damn annoying because it shafts Eccleston and Smith. Like, imagine if they air Classic Who and all they show is Tom Baker.

19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Fans will always gravitate toward their favourites, like Connery to 007, the masses attribute Tennant to Who. It's the same reason why you get so many imbeciles (who clearly know nothing about the show) sincerely wanting Tennant to reprise his role on a full time basis whenever it is due to be recast. Ok, his clone wasn't killed off. However, like comparing One Direction to The Beatles - THE ANSWER IS STILL NO!

But you can't hate them either. Everyone is particular about their take on Doctor Who so to a certain extent I'm guilty of it too. The difference is with me is that I don't demand one particular actor, I just demand a certain style of actor. That is, a male actor that is middle aged or older. Have I got my way? For now, yeah. But that may not be the case when the 13th is cast. Despite my dislike of certain casting decisions, I have to accept them because change is the lifeblood of the show. In fact, the concept of change has enabled an actor like Peter Capaldi to be given the role.

So yeah, absolutely be frustrated and annoyed, but you can't diss them for it either. Agreed on the fact that some of the unconditional praise for Tennant has been at the expense of Eccleston and Smith's legacy to the show. Perhaps even Capaldi's given that comparisons and contrasts do get made between him and Tennant, not to mention that in several polls Tennant even manages to outrank Capaldi.

All that counts is YOUR Doctor. No other fan can deprive you of that despite their squee. But don't run them out of town either. For better or for worse (in fact, both) they have helped to keep this show alive just as the older fans have.

Juliet316 and darskpine10 like this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's just where they are at. They have been showing all of them in rotation once a weekday. (5PM for UK viewers, Sky channel 109).

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But they didn't start with Eccleston and they don't have Smith. They only have Seasons 2-4 I beleive.

22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    No, I think that was in reference to the XD news, which is only Tennant-era.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, I understand. Sorry.

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Just got tickets for my birthday to the Symphonic Spectacular. Front row! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure I've seen Smith on Watch.