main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Not to mention that in Rose Nine comments "could have been worse" when apparently seeing himself in the mirror for the first time. Though I had trouble accepting that this was the very first time he ever saw himself since his personality seemed finalised from his very first line as was his outfit.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I could buy it from the standpoint of just regenerating after what he feels is the destruction of Gallifrey by his own hand and not wanting to look at the face that did it (or the face after that)

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Or he could've been having his usual post-regen bit of wackiness and this was the first time he'd seen it since calming down.

Abadacus and Juliet316 like this.
  4. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    True. Eight did suffer from memory loss after all.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    Unless I'm mistaken, I think the only episodes from the classic series that haven't been officially novelized are Eric Saward's two Dalek stories.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I think Nigel Farage has now alienated Doctor Who fans..

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow. What a stupid thing to say.

Abadacus likes this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He may be a stupid, bigoted piece of **** leading a whole party of stupid, bigoted pieces of ****, but this is the last straw!

Chewgumma and soitscometothis like this.
  11. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    They should have gotten Peter Capaldi to reprise his Malcolm Tucker character and add him to that interview.

Kenneth Morgan and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    [​IMG]

Lest we forget...

soitscometothis and Juliet316 like this.
  13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I still cannot get the resemblance in Robot of Sherwood:

[​IMG]

Speaking of The Master, i've been doing a lot of thinking over Missy. There's one thing we stopped to consider. What if Missy was just The Master's alter-ego, much like The War Doctor was to the Eighth Doctor? Remember, the purpose of the sisters intervening was to enable the Doctor to become somebody that the Doctor himself could not be. This included the ability to change gender.

Maybe Missy is not an incarnation of The Master but in fact a side-step of sorts.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  14. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Indeed, that makes a lot of sense! Maybe something other than the Sisterhood of Karn, though, because IIRC they only helped the Doctor because he'd helped them in the past.

15. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

Hmmmm....maybe.

Think about this though. Is it possible that perhaps the Timelords enabled the Master to take on a disguise in exchange for either at least capturing the Doctor or confirming that he is still alive in his twelfth incarnation (the Valeyard)? Assuming that the Valeyard theory is at some point going to be explored, the Timelords have a vested interest in this particular incarnation of the Doctor since, at least in one reality, he is the trier of the Doctor himself.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

But if they were so worried about the Valeyard, why then give the Doctor extra regenerations in The Time of the Doctor?

More likely that the Master regenerated into MIssy to either escape the Time lords themselves, or given Simm!Master was the previous incarnation before Missy, he decided to regenerated into a woman for kicks,and to see what kind of reaction the Doctor would have.

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm less worried by this and more about his attempt to get the bbc investigated by the police because Have I Got News For You, a satirical news show about the week's events gave the poor widdle man an emotional booboo by making people laugh at him.

18. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It is implied that they made the ship crash in the first place.

19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Perhaps they need him for a purpose we're yet to discover. Keeping in mind I don't think that the Timelords foresaw the Time War when the Sixth Doctor was on trial.

Yes, also possible too and likely the reason that Moffat may go with.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Regarding Nine's mirror check... I felt that was always fairly easily handwaved as the guy beginning to come around to his new face, as opposed to seeing it for the first time outright.

So instead of being, "So that's what I look like! Could have been worse, I guess" it becomes, "Ah, it's not that bad I suppose. Still don't like the ears much, though."

Juliet316 and Random Comments like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We can always assume that he had checked his reflection multiple times, attempting to get used to it, and his response in "Rose" was his 10,000th attempt at comforting himself about his own low self-image.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just saw a trailer for Paddington, and the, shall we say, cranky man in the window in it looked familar, so I looked up a casting list.

And yep, Capaldi's in the movie, listed as Mr. Curry.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If there was any doubt about Kate Stewart's fate after S8...

She's back for S9!