main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Did you know that Murray Gold once tweeted me

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Off to Bristol tomorrow to visit some more locations :)

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Inspired by Halibut's jaunt through classic Who, I went back and viewed The Dalek Invasion of Earth, again. For the first time, I actually watched it with the special feature on where they replaced some of the more severely outdate effects with CGI... and it is surprisingly complimentary to the episodes. Looked rather brilliant, actually.

halibut likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was in the London Film Museum today and they had a small display of a couple of Daleks and a TARDIS. I think they were from the Peter Cushing film.

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Is that the one next to the London Eye?

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Name the episode

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    My first thought is The God Complex.

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Good guess but no

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. They also had a small SW exhibit - got my pic taken with Boba Fett and Han in Carbonite.

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Trickier one

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Clue - Both first half of season 7

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Both - Angels Take Manhattan.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    First one is :)

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, Asylum of the Daleks for the second one. Though I could have sworn the staircase looked familiar from Angels.

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rise of the Cybermen:

Pretty cool seeing a parallel universe. What exactly killed the Tardis? I thought Lumic had done it but it just seemed to go kaput and be a reason for the Doctor, Rose and Mickey to be in their parallel London for 24 hours.

Poor Mickey--why does the Doctor hate him so much? I liked the speech about how the Doctor would only chase one of them and it would not be him.

I thought Jackie was a total ***** to Pete in the Father's Day episode but she topped it by a factor of 10 here. Holy hell. I had to laugh at the diamond-studded earpieces she bragged about. I guess if you're going to have your brain invaded and controlled, best to do it with style.

Not sure why Great Britain has a "president" other than to hammer in the point of the alternate universe. But I definitely liked that character.

I liked Mickey and his AU counterpart being among "London's most wanted" when the Preachers are really the good guys.

The kidnapping of the homeless people and co opting their brains was creepy as hell and I'm drawing a blank on what novel it reminds me of right now but I swear I've seen a similar storyline. And the ending...both of my sons said out loud "How do they get out of this???"

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The TARDIS evidently couldn't handle going through the void into the parallel universe, so she went kaput. At least that seemed to be the point the Doctor was trying to drive home in those scenes.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Programming note for UK fans - the Doctor Who Prom is live on BBC Radio 3 tonight from 7:30-10:00 PM. During the intermission R3 will be doing a program on the sounds of Doctor Who. I believe the concert is being taped for TV but it isn't in the listings for this week. I'm guessing they will probably show it either on a holiday weekend or as part of the 50th Anniversary programs.

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Strong rumours that the new Doctor will also be announced there...

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Rise of the Cyberman is the episode where Barty Crouch Sr. tries to kill Barty Crouch Jr!

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL I had not thought of that.

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The arrangements at tonight's proms are stunning. The Rings Of Akhaten's arrangement reduced me to tears. I didn't even like that bloody episode! 8-}