main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    AFFIRMATIVE!

2. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I think you meant Ricky. ;)

PCCViking likes this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I would like to see 11 interact with 9/10's companions, yes.

PCCViking and Rew like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As would I. And Romana, as she can regenerate into any actress willing to play the part.

5. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Not that this will ever happen, but I would love to see the return of Idris.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I guess that depends on whether they plan to involve the Time Lords in the 50th. :p

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Michelle Dockery for Romana III, plz! [face_love]

Everton likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Dockery would be lovely. She already is, but her presence would also be. So, aside from 11 engaging with 10's companions, I am now adamant about Romana III and my beloved K9.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    And I really wanted to see Ten interact with the Ponds, but Karen made sure that won't happen :(

PCCViking and Rew like this.
  10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    As much as I love and miss the Ponds, I don't want them to return.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    K-9 needs to be in Who again, since there won't be anymore of the SJA and he was under-used in that.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. And, his regenerated form from that wacky series Bob Baker did a handful of years back is actually rather solid and I would like to see a bit more of it.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, not the way they went out, no. Because it was designed to make it so they couldn't come back. It wouldn't be right to do so. However, had Karen not had that demand and had they been able to write them out in a way that would have left it more open, I'd have loved to see them in the 50th.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's going to be so sad to have the 50th and not have Elisabeth Sladen and all the others who have passed in the last few years not be a part of it.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that it's really sad that Sladen passed before this. Although at least she had her own show and really had a chance to do a lot more stuff with her character than any other companions (save for Jack) had.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, since all bets are most likely off for the 50th, I do not find this an unreasonable request... as unreasonable as it actually is...
    [​IMG]
    VS
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The problem is timing. Or at least, it is timing more than it is the manner of their exit. Write them out in a way that's more open and I still think it would've been too soon to see them again. Unless... you play it so that their true exit occurs in the 50th... but (for me) just as the 50th should not include a regeneration it also shouldn't include the exit of a companion(s) or the introduction of a new companion. So that's out. Moffat probably wants to tell the first part of Clara's story in the lead up (and maybe during, given her birthday) the 50th, which meant bringing the character into the show before the 50th... which meant getting rid of Amy and Rory first.

Plus, Amy's story (in particular) is much the better for the finality of her exit. The last scene, bringing it right back to young Amelia sat on her suitcase... it was beautiful. Had there been an open exit, then I'm sure we would've accepted it, but as it is we have something fantastic and I'd rather keep that than see Amy or Rory ever again. Even in the 50th.

darthcaedus1138 and Mar17swgirl like this.
  18. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    That place makes a lovely cup if tea. Worth a visit if you're in Newport

EDIT:

http://doctorwholocations.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/2-03-school-reunion-newport-davincis/

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I wouldn't want to see a companion exist during the 50th, if only because that would make it about them and not about The Doctor who should always be the focus of the show. Moffat generally has stuck to that, RTD did not I thought.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No I agree about timing and their exit Everton. I guess I just kind of wish they hadn't exited until later. At the same time it did feel like time... dammit, I just wanted to see Amy and Ten together :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I am now officially caught up on Doctor Who!!!

Sorta, I mean, now I have to go back and watch the SJA and Torchwood... but I'm caught up on Who!

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To be fair the SJA and Torchwood are not an absolute requirement to be caught up with Who (thought Sarah Jane does identify more closely with DW than Torchwood does), so welcome to the discussion!:D

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    My brain kinda hurts from blowing through everything in 5 weeks and I've probably cried more in these 5 weeks than on any other TV show ever. And now I really want to go rewatch everything because I miss Eccelston and Tennant.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Trust me, I know how you feel regarding Tennant, I still regard him as My Doctor, and miss him.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Congrats Rach :D Yeah this show certainly provokes a lot of strong emotions in me as well. And that desire you have to immediately go back and start again and see 9 and 10 now that you're caught up on 11... won't go away :p It's a vicious cycle. When you watch Matt Smith, you want to see David Tennant again. When you watch David Tennant, you look forward to seeing the Doctor evolve into Eleven. At least that's how it is for me. And I thoroughly enjoyed my rewatch of series 1 this year as well.

Welcome to the crazy club. One more thing to camp outside of Hall H for :D

PCCViking likes this.