main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
  2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Pity. :( I was hoping it was just a rumour, because, well, Daily Star, but it looks to be legit. The chance that they're lying seems very slim to me... :(

3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Damn. My most hoped and anticipated part of the Anniversary gone.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Has Moffat sat down and had a discussion about the 50th with K-9, yet?

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've heard K-9 was even more difficult to work with than Tom Baker.

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I still have my hopes up for McGann, dammit.

7. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    We all hope for a McGann appearance.

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

I still believe all that hype last year surrounding the 8th Doctor's redesign for the covers of a few Big Finish audio adventures was also setting up a 50th anniversary appearance.

9. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    McGann's luck being what it is, even if he was scheduled to appear in several episodes he'd probably break both his legs walking down the stairs and then have 90% of his scenes left on the editing room floor.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm disappointed that Nine won't be appearing (although despite myself I still hope this news is actually a very bold misdirection), but I'd rather not see him than watch him run on autopilot through a performance that really does need to be good. After all, you just know that Tennant (and even Piper) are going to give it their all. Eccleston, potentially, would not. Completism at the expense of an annoyingly lazy performance (when looked back on in years to come) is not a good idea. And yeah, an appearance by McGann is extremely desirable.

Also, re: those photos of Tennant, JLC and Smith at the read through. I hope the announcement that Tennant and Piper are to return is a way to distract attention from other returning Doctors / companions (as has been mentioned), but I also like to think that it's even more straightforward. I hope that the trio (plus Page) are carefully positioned so as to conceal those other Doctors / companions, who are all sat at the table. Well, I can dream.

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You never know, they could edit in old deleted footage from series 1 to imitate Tom Baker's appearance in The Five Doctors! [face_devil]

12. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    It's a wonderful thought that all the other Doctors are actually there, under a tarp in the corner of the room.:p

MrZAP, Random Comments and Ulicus like this.
  13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    And until I know otherwise, I will cling to it. :p

Random Comments and Ulicus like this.
  14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    If McGann appears in the Anniversary, I'm willing to forgive Eccleston's absence.

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    If that involves forgiving Eccleston, then I'm not so sure. :p After all, he's the problem here.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  17. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    But I want the regeneration!!! :_|

MrZAP and V-2 like this.
  18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I too, have a slight hope that it's just a misdirection, but given the way Eccleston's departure as the Doctor (PR wise) was handled initally, I wasn't really expecting him to be there. If he does make a surprise appearance, I'll be happily surprised, but if not, then ultimately, for me, that's fine. Nine's story, while may not have had the beginning of a regeneration, certainly had a very pronounced end with Parting of the Ways. His arc felt very very complete to me, so if Eccleston's not involved then that's fine.

19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I forgive Eccy everything except his awful Scots accent in GI Joe.

I forgive Tennant everything except his awful English accent in Doctor Who.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think Tennant's accent is not so much "awful" as "exaggerated for comic effect." Not that he sounds all that far off to my Yankee ears. Londoners sound hilarious.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe the fans should be having their eyes and ears open all over the UK (or even around the world since a few former cast members are stationed here in the US now), to see if they spot any suspicious BBC cameras filming anywhere.;)

22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    My English ears always picked up the lack of authenticity and the slips into Scottish when he acts seriously. It's just one of my bugbears. I can listen to Peri without noticing her fake American accent. ;)

23. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Peri's accent makes me sick. Tennant's seems fine. I guess it's because I'm American. :p

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Tennant's accent was better than the bad American ones in Daleks in Manhattan.

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    What? Doze oithentic SHE-CAHGO slash Niuew YOIK accintz?? Dems wuhz PUYfeckt, see!

PCCViking and Admiral Volshe like this.