main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Since Nardol is there, is it possible the Doctor has River in some kind of 'timey wimey' stasis field so she can't leave to die at the Library? (Getting a headache just thinking about that but I figured I'd toss it out..)

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    you gotta think tho that Moffat is smart enough to know that he has to point at some mis-direction hence the pics of River and Susan , altho I do think given this is Moffat's last year he'll be wanting to do something with Susan's character , she would after all provide a sort of circle back to the beginning and she's probably the last major issue that he's never dealt with .

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'm assuming that it's the Master (the real one, not this Missy crap). But I'd love to see Susan again.

4. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    oh I love Missy , Michelle Gomez is great , I can't wait for her episodes , can't see it being John Simm in the vault since they've already revealed that he's going to appear this season.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

The Husbands of River Song provided perfect closure for the Doctor and River (Seriously has there been a more perfect scene than "Hello, Sweetie" in that episode?), I'd prefer Moffat to keep it that way.

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Knowing Moffat, he won't

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That is my fear. My hope is that he doesn't change his mind and leaves it as is.

8. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Finally caught up with the first four episodes. I'm liking Pearl as Bill and I still love Capaldi as the Doctor . And I dig the new, sort of, format

Still shows the same problems being carried over. Choppy and uneven. One minute it's underwritten, in order to set up an epiphany in the last act or the doctor dropping some bombshell. Then the next it's heavy with characterisation. They don't need to keep axe grinding the quirky individualistic qualities of any character. People whose character is nothing but quirky individualism are usually the "quirky individual" type. Which is not the same as an individual. This goes for the Doctor and all supporting characters of the past few years.

The plotting of the stories seems to suffer as a result. However I'm usually satisfied with the stories when it's all said and done.

9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, I got caught up tonight, watching "Knock Knock" and "Oxygen".

I had problems with both of them.
    In the former, it was the usual problem with "haunted" house situations: the victims have to be pretty rock stupid not to see the signs of trouble before it's too late. Plus, with the exception of fireflies, I'm not usually comfortable with bugs. I was surprised, though, that the current victims were rescued.
    As for the latter, I wasn't surprised that it was the company all along. "Doctor Who" is like "Law & Order": any business larger than a local deli is thoroughly evil, or at least run by evil people. I did think the sequence of Bill asphyxiating was effective, as was her getting zapped.
    In both cases, I thought the one-episode format was a problem. As with "Thin Ice", there wasn't enough time to develop the plot & characters, as well as ratchet up the suspense. Plus, I keep getting the feeling that they're still re-treading old plotlines. And, as always, BBC America's timing on commercial breaks and treatment of cliffhangers is LOUSY!

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Today's visit. Easy one and a tough one :)[​IMG][​IMG]

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Robot of Sherwood for the first picture, from the archery tournament.

As for the second one, maybe the monastery in The Rebel Flesh, or the castle in Heaven Sent?

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Yes, and no. :)

13. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    And another castle! Everton, the teapot is still in the window.[​IMG]

Everton likes this.
  14. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    is it the marriage in Day of the Doctor ? (I mean the first one a couple of posts up ^)

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No, darkspine was right with Robot of Sherwood. The marriage was at Chepstow Castle

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    THAT's the one from The Rebel Flesh (the walkway gives it away). I wanna say that interior shot above is from the Vampires in Venice.

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ooh, I think I've actually been there! Is it from Amy's Choice, where the school kids are turned to dust, then the Eknodines reveal themselves just to the right of this shot.

If I'm right, I had a lovely swim in the nearby river here once.

halibut likes this.
  18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Spot on, Mr Spine!

darkspine10 likes this.
  19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    And another location! Been a busy day today!![​IMG]

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe where the TARDIS lands in The Unquiet Dead? Not really sure, but that tunnel looks familiar.

halibut likes this.
  21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Impressive! It's not where it lands (that's down the road) but it is Dickens' house

darkspine10 likes this.
  22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Try that one![​IMG]

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The End of Time?

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000