main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Did enjoy the episode, though felt that 13 didn't get the best intro

I have to say, I was half expecting a glass River Song to turn up at the end

2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I thought it was quite unexpected
    to do the switch in an empty Tardis, without any specators to go "OMG, where'd the doctor go?" etc, etc. It's a neat gag to find novel ways to do the "bigger on the inside" exclamation that supporting characters are naturally prone to do. But we could maybe do with a wee break from the "adjusting to the new Doctor" routine. And then to end it immediately on an actual cliffhanger was pretty cool.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    When does the proper new season start?

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I think it's rumored to be the Fall.

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Just finished watching the switchover.

First, did anyone else realize long before the reveal that the glass lady was clearly speaking with Bill's voice? I'd have thought Twelve would've picked up on it.
    Second, I thought David Bradley did well as the First Doctor; very close to Hartnell.
    Third, did we really need yet another, contradictory answer to, "Why did he leave Gallifrey?"
    Fourth, did we really need Rusty to return? Seemed like an unnecessary cameo to me.
    Fifth, I was glad they treated Lethbridge-Stewart with dignity and intelligence. They could've just made him an old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud, but they didn't. And I'm glad that they didn't kill him off, though I hope they don't use this as the basis for another Edith Keeler-style twist later on.
    Sixth, nice to see that it wasn't some horrible evil threat to the structure of reality or some such thing. It was, indeed, "It's a Wonderful Life" with TARDISes.
    Seventh, thank you, Clara, for the goodbye. Now move along.
    Eighth, Twelve's final monologue was OK, though it went on for too long. I remember when regeneration was relatively brief and to the point, and that was OK.
    Ninth, I didn't have the closed captioning on. What did Thirteen say just before things went haywire?
    Tenth, that's three regenerations climaxing with the TARDIS out of control. Why?

All in all, it turned out OK. Let's see where they go from here.