main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    You people are monsters. MONSTERS I SAY!!! :_|

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Could have been worse I suppose.

BTW, halibut, NOTHING is worse than Twilight. Not even A Town Called Mercy. At least with the limited role Amy had in that episode, she had more of a brain than Bella Swan ever will.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Well, I've never seen or read Twilight, but A Town Called Mercy (and, to a lesser extent, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship) was abysmal.

Edit: Well, besides Brian.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    DOAS gave us a fantastic "dark Doctor" moment and Brian was awesome. Even if the episode had been abysmal, which it wasn't, those two things would have redeemed it.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    According to previews for JTTCOTT there is something making a return from The Eleventh Hour, and I think I know what going by this preview image.

[​IMG]

I'm seeing a vertical crack from Amy's wall.

Also this seems like it could end up being pretty important in the overall scheme of things

[​IMG]

V-2 likes this.
  6. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    There is one difference between Tennant and Smith. Tennant is a thespian. Thespians can command a stage or peformance. Just look at some of the others the UK has/had, Michael Gambon, Patrick Stewart, Michael Gough, etc. All have that same ability

Everton and Mar17swgirl like this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I only want to see the return of the crack if it finally resolves what blew up the TARDIS at the end of S5

The second image I'm absolutely wanting to know more about.

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I thought the Silence blew up the TARDIS...? For some reason?

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It was never confirmed for sure that the Silence was actually the ones that blew up the TARDIS, nor did we ever find out HOW the TARDIS was blown up.

Anyway, here's a trailer for the next episode:

BBCA trailer as well

Ulicus likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Is that... an OUTDOOR swimming pool inside the TARDIS? :D

Random Comments likes this.
  11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Whew. Just caught up. So far I'm enjoying the second half of this season more, although...Clara seems to be a near carbon copy of Amy. Slightly less brash, I guess, but still...

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I actually find Clara closer to a Donna than an Amy. Amy (IMO at least), never really seemed to question too often what the Doctor did and often went whatever road he wanted to go without thinking about it, except maybe towards the end in S7. (Brash with her own opinions, yes,and no she wasn't meek or submissive, but never really was critical of the Doctor unless something major happened, like Old Amy was in The Girl who Waited. Part of that granted was probably down to hero worship of her imaginary friend ). Clara from what I've seen thus far, tends to push the Doctor, and want to actually know what's going on and why he does what he does, and doesn't seem to let him runaway when he wants (like in Rings of Akhaten), and
    If the trailers are any indication, it seems like she's finally going to press him about what his interest in her is really about),
    similar how Donna was in S4.

13. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm both looking forward to The Doctor's Name but also dreading it. Should we go there? Should we not go there? Will the episode title just mislead us?

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's Moffat. It's probably a mix of both.

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Surely no one expects his name to be actually revealed? I think it will be more about why is it a secret, why it needs to remain secret, what power it has, etc.

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yup. I mean, what his name "actually is" is the least interesting thing about it.

Besides, we already know silence will fall when the question is answered, so we won't get to hear it. :p

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, what I meant by "It's Moffat, it's probably a mix of both," is that he'll likely reveal the name, but
    it'll likely be whispered to River, since Alex is in this episode. It is kind of important to his timeline that she actually knows it. ;)

Edit: Okay, clearly it is bedtime if I'm frelling up Spoiler tags.

18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    One thing I never want them to do is revisit the aborted Cartmel Masterplan and potentially reveal that the Doctor was involved in the creation of time and space itself along with Rassilon and Omega because there's nowhere to move the character from there. All bets are off as to who he is, what his limitations are and pretty much the whole enigmatic quality of the character. I'd be open to them rebooting once he's up to the final incarnation.

19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  20. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Please tell me you're joking. It would be the simplest thing in the world to find a way around the limit, without explaining it, even. Just brush it off as being imposed by the Timelords using some wibbley-wobbley device on Gallifrey. Part of the massive appeal of Doctor Who to me is the fact that it has nearly reached fifty and the past is still the actual past of the character, inconsistencies, over-emphasized secrets, everything. To erase all of that would be idiotic, cruel, and the most incomprehensible blunder in all of common sense. My faith in humanity would dissipate were this to occur, and let me tell you, it is most often lilliputian at best.

Random Comments likes this.
  21. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I guess. The thing i'm dreading the most is the hand wave explanation as to why he can regenerate beyond his thirteenth incarnation. Ok, there is the Tomb of Rassilon but the fact that we haven't really heard that name dropped in the new series suggests that they'll just invent their own lore. They are entitled to do that to an extent given it is their vision for the series, but there's times where the rules are bent so far that it almost is like they've just re-written the show's lore.

22. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    He may have extra regenerations thanks to River in Let's Kill Hitler, he said he had 507 regenerations in Sarah Jane Adventures (although 5+0+7=12) and he may have been joking.

I don't know. I kind of hope they fully address it somehow, but methinks it'll just be handwaved.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Everything else is handwaved. I don't see why this shouldn't be either. When they came up with this number, I doubt the writers ever thought it would be reached

Juliet316, V-2 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I don't see why the Sonic Screwdriver can't solve the regeneration-limit problem, it can solve everything else.

Juliet316, V-2 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  25. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Maybe that's something the red setting does

Juliet316 likes this.