main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    But the question implied he had been in one, which he hasn't. :p

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    And he really should have been in some.

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Hence "not enough". :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    One could argue that the FOX Movie was simply one long TV episode. *DUCKS*

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    EDIT: nvm

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    To be honest I was counting the TV Movie as an episode, but I really don't think the question implied he'd been in any.

7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Of course it did. He is an official Doctor. It wasn't a name picked out of obscurity. As you say, you counted the TV Movie as an episode. That was implied. I was simply correcting (albeit pedantically) your error :p

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Depends if JLC knew who McGann was. Sounded to me like Matt was taking a chance she might not know the name. For her it could've been random.

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Ah, so that implies that you are talking about one of the posted videos. I never watch them as I don't want to be spoiled (It irks me that the BBC release so many clips). But I've seen the video in question now (which was awesome.) And JLC corrects him and says it's a film :p

EDIT: So Me = JLC and you = Matt Smith (which is cool cos I've met both of you)

EDIT 2: So to clarify, when I was talking about the "question", I was talking about yours in this thread, not the one from the video.

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not sure this is a sufficiently important issue to get so confused about. :p But yes, I see the source of confusion. :p

And I've met David Tennant.

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    JLC will be at Collectormania this year, along with many other Who companions.

So you could also meet her :p

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Why, thank-you.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    You don't need to misquote me on that. I'm more than happy to say that you are awesome, and you will make a great replacement for Harrison Ford in the next Indiana Jones movie.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Also, I've got some silver plates in the attic. Feel free to come over and rank them in cost order for me :)

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Any more than three and I'm out of my depth.

halibut likes this.
  17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Well played, Good Sir. Well played.

18. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Nightmare in Silver promo pics

Hmm. Two Doctors. This seems to corelate with the odd impression I had of Clara in the preview - she seemed to have way too much authority, so I thought this might be yet another version of Clara we meet. But now - is it possible there are two Doctors and two Claras somehow?

Honestly, I have no idea. :p It's fun to speculate, though.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems like one of the Doctors might be an upgrade version, perhaps to aid the Cybermen in their attempted recovery. Remember that in the preview the Doctor is hailed as saviour of the Cybermen, so maybe there is a copy that already exists (Ganger?) or the Cybermen replicate one. Could have something to do with the Cybermites which apparently resemble earwigs.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY WARWICK!!

I would be so thrilled if the Ganger came back.

21. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Not sure if this has been covered, but...strictly, strictly and once again I emphasise, strictly rumour, but there's been a lot of talk going around that the next Doctor may have been decided with an actor named Ben Daniels in the role.

http://whotriviaman.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/the-twelfth-doctor-revealed.html

I make a point of raising this because i've read it from multiple sources including forums, news sites, gossip sites, even some claiming that they have friends or relatives at the BBC. Again, I realise it's skeptical but I have been hearing this more than once from a number of sources over the previous couple of weeks. If true, then it seems like it will be a return to an older Doctor which is a welcome change.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical of that as I've also seen a few sources claim another actor who's at least as young as Matt as the next Doctor. Daniels worked with Freema on L&O: UK, which may played a role in sparking the rumor you saw. Bottom line we're not going to know who is going to take over after Matt until the BBC announces it and that's likely a ways off (late 2013 would likely be the earliest we hear if there is indeed a regeneration on the horizon)

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Still working on season 1 of Classic Who. I'm on the Keys of Marinus and just keep wondering "Ian... what are you wearing??"

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I need to view that before I have to take it back to the library in the morning.

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I really liked that story. It was a nice change of pace to have a bunch of shorter, quicker-paced stories instead of the longer slow paced ones that by modern standards obviously would have been cut down for dead space. Also, getting those keys like that was basically like going to a bunch of Zelda temples :p

As to what Ian's wearing... whatever the hell he wants :cool:

Juliet316 likes this.