main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] Dream of Me (The Doctor, Clara, Idris and OCs)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Raphire, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Title: Dream of Me (The Doctor, Clara, Idris, and OCs)

Author: Raphire
    Summary: An Alternative to Season Seven and the Mystery of Clara.
    Additional Notes: I don’t own this Blah Blah Blah…

The Doctor sat on the steps of the Tardis, staring at the door; waiting, no hoping, the door would magically open. He prayed to a god he knew did not exist that they would stride in and see the stars with him. Five days he waited, his police box outside their home in Leadworth, his door open just a crack. But they never showed.

He waited for them and they never came home. They were living out their lives in a different time and the worst part of that was… Their adventures, he played them back in his head so many times, each more vivid than the last, each more tempting. How could two humans resist those gorgeous deadly things he dangled in front of them? They followed him along like children, gasping at the majesty of the universe. Confident and reckless because they knew he would save them. Until that fateful day when he couldn’t

He stood to his feet and paced the floor. It wasn’t supposed to end that way. He had tried so hard to avoid this very thing. Yet the harder he pushed them away the more they had come back into his life. He had given them everything—everything that should make someone happy and content. They had lives outside of him and he thought they were adjusting.

But then he got selfish. Then he went and ruined it all. He felt their absence too much to let them go. He saw them in the mall with Craig and his heart shattered. They seemed so happy and at peace. And dammit he missed his best friends. So naturally he had to reel them back in with the promise of one final escapade to send them off. They went and saved him from his own death, something he had not thought possible, but then that timeline was erased and they were still out of his life. Well, until the daleks came and ruined everything, although without that than he never would have saved their marriage.

Never mind the fact that it would be intact if he had never interfered to begin with….

Even after he had reconnected them and shown them why they loved each other, he couldn’t send them away. After all he still had more wounds to inflict. He met their father and shown him how fantastic it was to travel the universe. They were really a family then. He had met his mother in laws father and the whole thing felt complete. Almost as if nothing could sever him from their lives.

Then they just vanished—pulled through time in the blink of an eye. He had pleaded and cried for Amy to stay but still she left. She chose her centurion over her best friend and was living happily with him as the Doctor had always known would happen. Nothing would ever separate those two. Not even he could come between them, no matter how hard Amy had tried at first. She ran from the man she had always loved to be with her childhood friend. She was so scared of that ordinary life with him.

In a way, her whole journey with him in the Tardis was just preparing her for the ultimate decision to be with Rory in a mundane life. After all that was what scared her most, more than weeping angels or the silence ever could. She could handle adventure and danger but normal life with bills and responsibilities? Time and time again she had to make the choice: The Doctor or Rory? And she always chose her roman. Then, when it finally counted; when her journey came to a close and she had to not only choose him but the life that he stood for too, well then Amy finally made her choice… And it wasn’t The Doctor.

He strode up to the door and, after peering out one final time, shut it firmly. Then the madman turned around to view his box, empty and so very spacious. Every corner of it screamed memories at him: of Amy in pain from losing Rory yet again, of their laughter in the face of fear, and of their backs as they trotted off to their bunk-beds. Emotions filled every inch of this ship and each one was more painful than the last. He couldn’t handle this. He could not bear to be reminded of them daily.

The Doctor reached out and touched the central console and it buzzed reassuringly at him.

“You won’t ever leave me old girl, will you?”

The panel just pulsed with light and grew warm on his hand.

“That is what I thought. Even after they all leave I can count on you to be there with me, to take me where I am needed and to help me move on to better things.”

The console just grew hotter, burning into his flesh.

“Grahhhhh! Why would you DO that!”

Cracks started to form on the central pillar and a yellowish light started to spill out. Winding slowing through the room.

“Sexy? What’s wrong?”

The klaxon started to sound and red light pulsated in the air. Sparks started flying and fires burst from the vents beneath him.

“Baby just tell me what to do? How can I help?”

The Doctor lunged for a lever and pulled with all his might. Then pushed some other buttons and then pumped a billow before diving towards the zig zag lever.

The cracks slowly started to close but the light didn’t stop pouring out.

Screams filled the Doctor’s ears and he didn’t recognize them which terrified him more than the sparks or fires ever could.

The primal and anger filled cries chilled him to the bone. There was pain and rage in them and he could not help but find similarities between them and the ones he gave as the Time War came to a close.

The klaxon gave one final thrum and then everything went dark.

A huge tearing noise echoed throughout the interior of the Tardis as the tower split in two and exploded outwards. Shards of glass flew out slicing and shredding everything they touched. More moans and cries filled the air and then a second explosion lit up the room.

The Doctor watched numb as it ripped huge chunks out of the exterior of the Tardis. The yellowish streams swirled about the room and then blew out of the holes and into the universe. And with that his darling gave up her fight and the final explosion burst from her core. Everything went pitch black and for the first time in his life the Doctor was truly alone.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! That was intense and you could really feel his sense of loss! =D= How hard it must be to grow attached and then have to detach that way :( And then to lose the Tardis too ... :eek: