main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] For the First Time 1/1 *SEASON FOUR SPOILERS!*

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316 , Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Y

A
    H
    E
    A
    D

TITLE: For the First Time 1/1
    AUTHOR: Juliet3:16
    FANDOM: Doctor Who
    RATING: PG - 13
    CONTENT: ADULT LANGUAGE (maybe)
    CATEGORY: VIGNETTE
    SPOILERS: Could be anywhere pre - series through Season One of New Who (9th Doctor Era) Contains spoilers for the Season Four New Who finale Journey's End (10th Doctor Era)
    SUMMARY: The Doctor and Donna meet for the very first time. But she's not in a wedding dress and he's in leather.
    DISCLAIMER: The BBC owns Doctor Who and all the characters herein. I make no money off it. (certain things would be different if I were).
    DISTRIBUTION: FF.net soon and Whofic.com (Teaspoon and an Open Mind). Anywhere else, please ask.

For the First Time

Donna Noble was rushing along, trying to juggle the packages in her hands. The company she was currently temping for just handed her several boxes and ordered her to deliver them to a specific location ASAP. If she did not need the money so much, she would have told them where to put the boxes. This had to be the worst job her temp agency had ever sent her.

'I'm a secretary, capable of a hundred words per minute, not some bloody deliver girl!'

Her musings were broken by a man rushing past her, knocking her packages out of her hands in the process. Annoyed she looked at his retreating back.

"Hey Dumbo! Watch where you're going!" she called out, figuring that the stranger would just ignore her like most everybody else seemed to.

So she was somewhat surprised when the man turned around, startled disbelief in his sky - blue eyes.

"Yes, I'm talking to you!" Donna pressed on, now having the man's attention. "an ape like you could at least apologize when knocking somebody over and causing her to lose her packages."

By this time the man seemed to have recovered his wits.

"Oi! Who are you calling an ape?" he shot back in a rude, Northern accent.

'That figures,' Donna thought, stooping down to recover the boxes now strewn all over the London sidewalk.

"Look in a mirror sometime," Donna muttered, beginning to pick up the bigger stuff before going for the smaller ones.

The rude man sighed.

"Here, let me - " he started, bending down next to her.

"I don't need your help!" Donna snapped.

"Well," he said, gracing her with a disingenuous smile, "your more than welcome to do this yourself, though I wish you luck in trying to stand up when you pick them up and your all alone."

Donna shot him a glare, but said nothing else for several moments as she begrudgingly allowed him to help, the creases of his leather jacket, crackling in her ears.

"So are these form a boyfriend or something?" he asked after the prolonged silence.

"No," she said shortly, "I'm making a delivery for my boss."

"Oh," the infuriating man said, "I would have thought you maxed out somebody's credit card or something."

Donna felt herself growing so hot that she was sure that her hair wasn't the only thing that was red at that moment.

"For your information," Donna nearly shouted, "I don't need to spend anybody's money. I am more than capable of making my own. Second, I'm engaged, not that somebody like you would understand. No woman would probably be able to stand more than five minutes with you."

The man stood silent as he helped Donna to her feet. The look in his eyes implied something that for the life of Donna, she could not figure out.

"Do you have a significant other?" She finally asked.

"Not in the widely understood definition of the term," he told her with a mysterious twinkle in his eyes as he handed off the last of the packages to Donna.

She gave him a quick once over. Despite the leanness of his body, he looked quite athletic and strong. Too bad. If she were not engaged and he...

"Him, I didn't think someone like you swung that way. Oh well, the ladies of London's loss."

With the confidence that she securely had the last word in, Donna Noble crossed the street quickly. She turned back w

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Hmm, clever. [face_thinking]

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I haven't watched series four yet except for the TW parts at the end ([face_blush] I'll get there eventually! I've read a lot about it. )so I probably don't really get this but I enjoyed it anyway! :D

"Not in the widely understood definition of the term," he told her with a mysterious twinkle in his eyes as he handed off the last of the packages to Donna.
    ROFLOL! That cracked me up! I think I scared my dog I laughed so hard!

"I never 'swung' that way," he whispered, "despite what Captain Jack might say."
    [face_laugh] I loved this... hilarious!

Great job! =D=

*bookmarks for once I've actually watched series four* ;)

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I've been rewatching the last season the last few days, so this was perfect. [face_dancing]

"I never 'swung' that way," he whispered, "despite what Captain Jack might say."

Perfect, perfect, perfect! You had me laughing out lout at that one, which was an interesting thing to explain to the curious family . . . ;) [face_laugh]

Anyway, bloody brilliant vig here, I enjoyed it very much! =D=

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.