main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Doctor Who (Formerly Matt Smith is adorkable and we're all sad he's leaving Doctor Who)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Lord_Dubi likes this.
  2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Paul McGann needs even more screen time. He was really good. :(

3. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    I actually liked Space and time more than DotD.:)

I had a few issues with DotD but When the curator showed up at the end it totally made my day.

4. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Super Who-Lock!

5. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Just watched the christmas special.[face_dunno]

I guess it was ok even if they did waffle on the whole number of regenerations thing. ( they had said that the war doctor didn't count now their saying he does and the partial regeneration of the 10th doctor counts ) but their still keeping the doctor numbering system.

Now on the subject of the Valeyard. In trial of a time lord the Master says the Valeyard is created between the 12th and final incarnation of the doctor. So adjusting for what happens in the christmas special that could mean anytime from now to the end of the series since we have no specification as to how many regenerations the doctor now has. (I don't think thats a spoiler but I'll hide it anyway just in case some one might think it is.)

Kind of disappointing really.

VanishingReality likes this.
  6. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    Regeneration from the War Doctor to the 9th

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I was furious at how bad the Christmas special was. Little to no plot, too much fan service, and so many breeches in continuity.

8. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I enjoyed it. :)

9. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Hasn't that been most of the recent doctor stuff. Moffat has been all about fan service at the cost of everything else. As for continuity. Continuity in doctor who surely you jest.

Personally I'd like to see Moffat replaced as show runner. He's an ok writer but but he shouldn't be in charge, he needs someone to keep him in check.

I'm starting the 11th doctor part of my rewatch of the new series and maybe this will give me a different view on this but I doubt it.

10. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    He's a great writer.

I mostly agree about having someone else in charge though.

11. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    [​IMG]

New costume revealed!

12. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Not really sure what their trying to do with this. I guess they decided it was time for another fashion challenged doctor.

Kinda boring and drab.

13. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Wouldn't be drab if they added a rockin' cape with that ensemble!

14. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    yah and maybe one of those frilly pirate shirts and a paisley head band like Jimi Hendrixs.

Then he would be AWSOME :)

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  15. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
  17. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Neat. Hopefully my since of fear and dread is unfounded and this season doesn't suck as much as the Matt Smith years although after doing a rewatch of season 5 I have to say I may have been a bit harsh on him but I'll reserve judgment till I watch season 6.

I have one more episode to go and I will have finished my rewatch of the Sylvester McCoy years and thus bring to an end my rewatch of the classic doctor from Tom Baker on. Then a small break and all the way back to the beginning and an attempt to do them all in order.

18. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
  19. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Just a reminder NEW DOCTOR WHO tonight 5:00 pm.

Will it rock or will is suck?

Only time will tell. ( get it.....time -> doctor who ) ok sorry about that.

edited for correct time.

20. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Hhmmmmm..... Can't say I was too impressed but I did fall asleep toward the end so maybe I missed the good part.

There were some enjoyable parts through the show but most of them can be attributed to one character who is not the doctor or his companion.

Hopefully the following eps will improve.

21. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    I liked it for the most part. Capaldi pulled off a corky still-regenerating doctor really well. We will see how he does further on. I think Clara did a great job expressing what all of the Tennant-Smith fans feel about the doctor, while mending that feeling towards the end—or not.

Personally, I didn't really care much for Matt Smith era. Some of the episodes were great, others not so much. I think "Vincent and The Doctor" was my favorite of the bunch; and of course Karen Gillan and Jenna Coleman towards the end.

And one my favorite team of characters is back...not gonna spoil anything [face_cowboy] .